d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Sports Coliseum > Health & Fitness > The Meaning Of Life
Prev12345Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 1,082.00
Warn: 50%
Jun 10 2018 11:05pm
the great art of life is sensation. to feel that we exist, even in pain
Gold: 0.00
Jun 15 2018 02:21am
The meaning of life? To get as many "thumbs up" on my next Facebook status as possible.

In reality, it's about working towards having the best life you can have and being the best person you can be.
Meaning, not striving to earn as much money or acquire as much material possessions as possible and losing yourself in the 9-5, but to do something you love, and as T9000 said, to create great memories and moments.

And to love the journey on your route to becoming the best version of you possible and overcoming all of the shit that gets thrown at you on your way there. Not just career wise, but in all aspects of life. Becoming and being a great friend, lover, father, etc.

It's a constant journey with no finish line. Self improvement never stops.

You simply being a great person will inspire others around you to be a great person as well.

As a society, were pretty much programmed to fall apart in life, to give up on things, to fuck up, etc.
Most people end up in careers they hate, not doing things they actually want to do, or being the type of person that they truly want to be.

I remember reading that book "Into The Wild", where that guy got rid of all of his possessions and burned his money.
He came from an incredibly wealthy family, and was going to a prestigious school, and he just stopped because he thought it wasn't the meaning of life, to chase all that stuff. That guy moved out into the wilderness, and died from eating some poisonous berries after a few months or a year, can't remember it's been a while. But.

I thought that was crazy as a kid to give up all that stuff and to live like that, but as ive gotten older, I resonate more with it.
Not in a complete I'm getting rid of all of my possessions manner and leaving society, but that so much of this stuff we value, really isn't all that important. Like having the newest phone, biggest tv, a brand new car, etc.

I will say the guy took it further than I would ever take it or recommend taking it. But there was a point there.

This post was edited by GLYC123 on Jun 15 2018 02:31am
Jun 15 2018 10:15am
Quote (GLYC123 @ Jun 15 2018 04:21am)
The meaning of life? To get as many "thumbs up" on my next Facebook status as possible.

In reality, it's about working towards having the best life you can have and being the best person you can be.
Meaning, not striving to earn as much money or acquire as much material possessions as possible and losing yourself in the 9-5, but to do something you love, and as T9000 said, to create great memories and moments.

And to love the journey on your route to becoming the best version of you possible and overcoming all of the shit that gets thrown at you on your way there. Not just career wise, but in all aspects of life. Becoming and being a great friend, lover, father, etc.

It's a constant journey with no finish line. Self improvement never stops.

You simply being a great person will inspire others around you to be a great person as well.

As a society, were pretty much programmed to fall apart in life, to give up on things, to fuck up, etc.
Most people end up in careers they hate, not doing things they actually want to do, or being the type of person that they truly want to be.

I remember reading that book "Into The Wild", where that guy got rid of all of his possessions and burned his money.
He came from an incredibly wealthy family, and was going to a prestigious school, and he just stopped because he thought it wasn't the meaning of life, to chase all that stuff. That guy moved out into the wilderness, and died from eating some poisonous berries after a few months or a year, can't remember it's been a while. But.

I thought that was crazy as a kid to give up all that stuff and to live like that, but as ive gotten older, I resonate more with it.
Not in a complete I'm getting rid of all of my possessions manner and leaving society, but that so much of this stuff we value, really isn't all that important. Like having the newest phone, biggest tv, a brand new car, etc.

I will say the guy took it further than I would ever take it or recommend taking it. But there was a point there.

I can strongly vouch to this. I mean I didn't read it all bc way too fkn long but the first paragraph or two are legit.

Brings about this quote that really resonated with me especially with my current growth minded life path:

"Work to become, not to acquire"

Bam.

This post was edited by Darkblue on Jun 15 2018 10:16am
Jun 15 2018 02:35pm
Quote (Darkblue @ Jun 15 2018 11:15am)
I can strongly vouch to this. I mean I didn't read it all bc way too fkn long but the first paragraph or two are legit.

Brings about this quote that really resonated with me especially with my current growth minded life path:

"Work to become, not to acquire"

Bam.

It was pretty long lol, first two are the most important, rest is rambles.

Though the third paragraph is important too.
People need to go for what they want in life, most people don't.

A lot of people just give up, slip into a BS routine, and just settle in all aspects of life.
Not saying everything you do in life has to be 24/7 productive. But it's important to always be bettering yourself.
Jun 15 2018 08:00pm
Quote (GLYC123 @ Jun 15 2018 04:35pm)
It was pretty long lol, first two are the most important, rest is rambles.

Though the third paragraph is important too.
People need to go for what they want in life, most people don't.

A lot of people just give up, slip into a BS routine, and just settle in all aspects of life.
Not saying everything you do in life has to be 24/7 productive. But it's important to always be bettering yourself.

Not many people ascend to that level of realization.
Heck even those who become more aware need a good reminder every now and then.
But yes, this settling belongs to the Fixed Mindset vs the Growth Mindset.
Either way good post homie. I appreciated it.

This post was edited by Darkblue on Jun 15 2018 08:00pm
Gold: Locked
Trader: Scammer
Jun 17 2018 02:55am
Quote (Happypuppy @ May 26 2018 02:21am)
The meaning of life is to love puppies ❤️ 🐶

awwwwwww<3 :wub:
Gold: 450.51
Jun 19 2018 02:28pm
Meaning of life is to quote other people about the meaning of life.
Jun 20 2018 02:25pm
Quote (GodisLove @ Jun 19 2018 03:28pm)
Meaning of life is to quote other people about the meaning of life.

I like this.
I should copy this, and use those giant word stencils and put it on a wall above my staircase, like every other mother in this nation.
Gold: 11.58
Jun 20 2018 05:45pm
Quote (HoboBows @ May 25 2018 12:41am)
okay ignore me because my grammar is trash
/e no idea why i put them around considered lmao now that i look at it.

you write the way most of the developed world goes about daily life: without thinking
Gold: 6.66
Jun 21 2018 07:33am
Quote (cloudkicker @ Jun 21 2018 01:45am)
you write the way most of the developed world goes about daily life: without thinking

Most of the world*
Go Back To Health & Fitness Topic List
Prev12345Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll