d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Sports Coliseum > Football & Rugby > National Anthem Policy
Prev1910111213Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 16.80
May 25 2018 06:40pm
Quote (jadeoshbogosh @ May 25 2018 06:26pm)
This is what makes the entire thing completely insane. The guy has handled this like a champ, but we've got people who can't read, or who think their opinions hold more weight than fact screaming that he's a no-class, no-talent bum who would cause serious revenue problems for an organization, when every single one of those things is a flat out lie and absolute fucking joke lol. Is what it is, but it sucks that he's wasting vital developmental years fighting with a bunch of assholes trying to oppress his constitutional right to express himself.

I personally think his developmental years are over. And now he's been out long enough for that to be their excuse. What confuses me the most is they are blaming this stupid anthem shit on their declining ratings when it's 99.99% a handful of other things and .01% this anthem issue. Maybe make your tv package more affordable so people that would spend a decent amount do it instead of stream because 100 bucks a month is retarded for some football. (I don't know the actual cost anymore but I remember last time I checked I told myself it wasn't worth it)
Gold: 3,059.01
Warn: 10%
May 25 2018 06:45pm
Quote (Acuity @ May 25 2018 01:50pm)
Oh definitely but none of them come with the baggage and it’s a business not a game.

Would you take on Kap knowing you would lose 5% profit?

Only team that realistically could and almost nobody would have cared is the browns franchise

??????? You really might be as......as you look
Gold: 5.01
May 25 2018 06:48pm
Kaepernick was my favorite player, but he couldn't seem to adjust. I am not suprised he became the next Tim Tebow.
Gold: 250.00
May 25 2018 07:14pm
Quote (Fezbang @ May 25 2018 05:40pm)
I personally think his developmental years are over. And now he's been out long enough for that to be their excuse. What confuses me the most is they are blaming this stupid anthem shit on their declining ratings when it's 99.99% a handful of other things and .01% this anthem issue. Maybe make your tv package more affordable so people that would spend a decent amount do it instead of stream because 100 bucks a month is retarded for some football. (I don't know the actual cost anymore but I remember last time I checked I told myself it wasn't worth it)

It's absolutely insane dude, they want almost $300 a fucking year for their sports package ($293.94 is the exact I guess), and it's fucking $400 if you want redzone. You wanna know why it's declining? Because you had DTV giving out ticket for free to everyone and their mom for like 5-7 years, and now you guys are cutting everyone off and not many people are willing to spend $300 a fucking year on something they can get for free elsewhere. You're probably right on the development shit, he had a full 3 years, and a couple of half years in the league and if you haven't refined your game in 4-5 years, it's probably not going to happen. Hard to say how well he'd do after spending some time off, but I can't possibly believe he's worse than the absolute insane number of garbage QBs we saw signed last year. Maybe they'll figure it out eventually, but these fuckers have zero commonsense.

e: I think a lot of people forget that he had a 4:1 int ratio (16:4) with a team that went fucking 2-14 on his last year. He was one of the only things that didn't reek to high hell and they still act like he's the problem. Show me another team with a record that bad where a QB performed this well over the course of 10+ games, I bet there aren't many examples.

Quote (Priont @ May 25 2018 05:48pm)
Kaepernick was my favorite player, but he couldn't seem to adjust. I am not suprised he became the next Tim Tebow.

Another person who doesn't watch football?

This post was edited by jadeoshbogosh on May 25 2018 07:19pm
May 25 2018 07:28pm
Quote (jadeoshbogosh @ May 25 2018 09:14pm)

Another person who doesn't watch football?

You can type out an essay to someone else, but you type one sentence to me about my favorite team?

He threw for about 1 yard in 3 quarters the last time he played before getting pulled. It hurt my soul to watch that game.
Gold: 250.00
May 25 2018 07:52pm
Quote (Priont @ May 25 2018 06:28pm)
You can type out an essay to someone else, but you type one sentence to me about my favorite team?

He threw for about 1 yard in 3 quarters the last time he played before getting pulled. It hurt my soul to watch that game.

Oh, guess I missed that game. Last game I remember of him with SF was when he played a playoff bound Seattle team and he barely lost 23 to 25 with a 77% completion rate and a 122.3 passer rating...
May 25 2018 07:55pm
Quote (jadeoshbogosh @ May 25 2018 09:52pm)
Oh, guess I missed that game. Last game I remember of him with SF was when he played a playoff bound Seattle team and he barely lost 23 to 25 with a 77% completion rate and a 122.3 passer rating...

He was amazing, but it felt like the highly intelligent coaches on the other teams adjusted to him and he didn't have the talent to change anything he did. I hope he can prove me wrong for some other team. I still wear my Kaep jersey to the 2-3 games I go to every year.
Gold: 166.00
May 26 2018 04:39pm
Quote (lucrative @ May 25 2018 06:43am)
is that really why this started tho?

you sure it wasnt the selfish act of a failing "black" qb trying to blame everyone and anything for his failures instead of his lack of skills? that along with a sensationalized media and a public who only gets their news from headlines.

this isnt positive in any way. it is an embarrassing representation of this dumb and whiney generation.

like fucking kaep has some brilliant idea to solve racism. i bet if he read something outloud it would make all of us laugh. i dont need that dumb jock who never read a book in his life to tell me what is right or wrong. shut up and learn to throw an out route you bum.

This isn't racist at all

If you've ever heard kaep speak, he's basically a bigger Russel Wilson
Gold: 166.00
May 26 2018 04:43pm
Quote (Greet @ May 25 2018 09:25am)
The problem is that the NFL doesn't give a shit about the nation anthem, it's about the ratings. These players are doing something that is right (and legal) and have actually made a difference by doing it. The only thing is that white-bread racist middle America doesn't want to watch football while the players take a knee for an issue that they helped cause. Someone made a good point - if the NFL cared so much about "respecting our flag/anthem" they should cut concession sales during it, and make the camera men pick one angle so they can also respect the flag while working for the NFL.

This won't last long though, you erase the players who kneel from the league and i'd bet you the ratings drop more then they did because they knelt.

e: alsp that lucritive guy is def a troll so i'm gonna ignore it

You've come a long way young one

I remember you being a part of the problem, calling users the n word for no reason etc, nice to see people can change

How many billions you worth these days?

This post was edited by IHaveAMeme on May 26 2018 04:52pm
Gold: 23,000.00
May 26 2018 09:26pm
Quote (IHaveAMeme @ May 26 2018 03:43pm)
You've come a long way young one

I remember you being a part of the problem, calling users the n word for no reason etc, nice to see people can change

How many billions you worth these days?

He's nig rich.
Go Back To Football & Rugby Topic List
Prev1910111213Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll