d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Diablo > Diablo 3 > D3 Discussion >
Poll > Safest Possible Hc Class. > Starting From Scratch.
Prev12345Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
  Guests cannot view or vote in polls. Please register or login.
Gold: 6,586.00
May 22 2018 06:46am
Quote (D_urRRR @ 21 May 2018 21:24)
I've never lost a hc character for this reason. Poor boys like you don't get to have a proper computer with good internet. Again you didn't uninstall for D3 issues cause it doesn't have any, you uninstalled because you are actually shit at the game.

savage af
Gold: 98,921.50
May 22 2018 06:52am
@Epoch

Like I said, the game at this point was fully done. The family and friends testing was step 1 to introduce more testers to the servers. Keep digging and you will find they started offering "beta" keys to the public (well only if you had Blizz account IIRC).
They gave out those keys in batches to further increase load on the server. This was a server stress test!!

Don't tell me I don't know how it went down, been there right after the announcement at WWI Paris and followed every bit of info available. Would have left it alone if I had known beforehand how this game turned out to be. Meh

This post was edited by Djunior on May 22 2018 06:52am
Gold: 3.37
May 22 2018 06:53am
Quote (Djunior @ May 22 2018 02:39am)
How can you even be taken serious, you have no clue about my pc at that time. Fact is I had tossed my older machine and replaced with a high end gaming rig I had custom built just months before D3 launched.
High end graphics card
A ton of RAM
SSD drive, high end component at that time
Lian Li aluminum case
And so on
Even a new monitor

--> This machine runs smooth as and still does so today. Running Windows 7 Ultimate and fully patched. I run my games without disconnect issues only Diablo 3 royally fucked up multiple times

You should go and check Bnet forums HC section and dig up all those old threads where people summed up their HC deaths because of rubber banding and DC issues.
:bonk:

So your issue was user error, like I said.

Quote (Ep0ch @ May 21 2018 03:04pm)
Well I will admit, that the games not what it could have been, if blizz north was left to their own devices, I really doubt your comp was "brand new" and if it was, it was an E-Machine.

The only time diablo 3 had "stability" issues was right after launch, because the authentication servers were apparently not big enough to accommodate demand.

Everything else is almost certainly user error.

Here is a list of user errors that cause connection / stability issues.

The most common one is people putting their god damned modems on top of power supplies or next to a power strip with loads of things running off it.(SOLUTION: place moden 1-3 feet away from any strong electrical sources or devices.)
Followed by someone whom DL'd pron, messed up their comp, won't admit it. (SOLUTION: is format the hard drive, and drown the comp in rubbing alcohol for 2 days - *contact authorities if needed)
Followed by someone using cable in a densly populated area during the day time, or weekends, or holidays, or after school, or during the summer. (SOLUTION: get DSL)
Followed by someone using DSL and they live more than 10-20miles from the nearest hub. (SOLUTION: Get cable)

-e

oh and patch day.

This post was edited by Ep0ch on May 22 2018 06:57am
May 22 2018 06:55am
Quote (attila @ May 22 2018 02:46pm)
savage af

You know what is savage? This ultimate ARPG (cough) sitting dead in the water slowly rotting away. They should reset every 2 weeks maybe then they would have a consistent playerbase of maybe a few hundred or so.

Meantime I play D2 --> still the greatest ARPG ever.
May 22 2018 06:59am
Quote (Djunior @ May 22 2018 07:55am)
Meantime I play D2 --> still the greatest ARPG ever.

Literally everyone plays diablo 2. (including about 500k private bots, run by certain webshops, people, companies, that blizz can NOT EVER stop short of taking diablo 2 offline...)

Personally I prefer diablo 1. still. (but no multiplayer :( )

-e

pm'd you some dope stuff, you will probably enjoy. LMK. (sorry my inbox is full [for a reason])

Feel free to send short messages via .0# FG donations /w message if you need.

This post was edited by Ep0ch on May 22 2018 07:03am
May 22 2018 07:04am
Quote (Ep0ch @ May 22 2018 02:53pm)
So your issue was user error, like I said.

You can read right? Every game I run runs smooth. My pc runs smooth. No hickups. No crashes. Fully patched.

You seem annoyed there are people who don't like D3. Guess what, it's the mayority. People who still stick with D3 after that whole shitfest well I dunno man.
You must fall in the category they made this game for: ultra casual who can't put up with game systems that you need to examine for more then a few seconds.
But all of those casuals quited long time ago and moved on to the next piece of shovelware.

edit: ok will check ty

edit 2: although I like D1 mostly for the story and how it all started, it's just to old. D2 is probably coming close to that point but for now still #1 in my book

This post was edited by Djunior on May 22 2018 07:10am
May 22 2018 07:08am
Quote (Djunior @ May 22 2018 08:04am)
You can read right? Every game I run runs smooth. My pc runs smooth. No hickups. No crashes. Fully patched.

You seem annoyed there are people who don't like D3. Guess what, it's the mayority. People who still stick with D3 after that whole shitfest well I dunno man.
You must fall in the category they made this game for: ultra casual who can't put up with game systems that you need to examine for more then a few seconds.
But all of those casuals quited long time ago and moved on to the next piece of shovelware.

edit: ok will check ty

edit 2: although I like D1 mostly for the story and how it all started, it's just to old. D2 is probably coming close to that point but for now still #1 in my book

I never had issues back then, aside from login issue, but that was addressed almost right away.

There was several occasions where blizz server were dossed, I don't know many people who claim to have had the comp you say you had at the time, and also had all those issues esp with diablo 3.

-e

I am certain that 2010 version of you was messing up your stability VIA bad isp/bad modem location/spyware/malware/etc or any combination of these things.

I am not trying to "pick a fight" or w/e, What I am saying is I'm not sure anything you say will be able to convince me 100% otherwise, short of actual videos of you at the time experiencing these issues, and also, all the "user errors" i mentioned were ruled out, at the time...

-e2

Also, I am not a big fan of D3 but I do see its appeal. I am a hardcore blizznorth fan, and because of that, I will always look at d3 as a bastard child of great disappointment, but It's fam, so I still love it, in a I barely play it more than 3 weeks a year.
I am a BIG fan of diablo 1. ESP belzebub. It is the epitome of what the diablo franchise should be imo.
Diablo 2 was great, and still is, but imo, it lost some of the "darkness" that made the first one so great.
That same darkness is totally absent from diablo 3. :fume:

-e3

The games own popularity is part of the reason it had "stability issues"

Blizzard did not anticipate so many people would be playing at the same time. (open beta would have prepared them for this in all likely hood...) ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I participated in the beta for diablo 3 for 3 months, and I was logged in and playing within seconds of the servers being switched to "live" I played like 15 hours a day, for the first 2 weeks, then like 5-10 hours a day for the next 2 years.

In all that time I rarely had stability issues that could be blamed on blizzard. (asside from the login auth servers being overloaded time and again)
Which is something they could fix, it just cost time, and money. But eventually, they got a handle on it. But not before about 10% of the games population rage quit.
Legends say that some of those RQ'ers are still fuming to this day.

Ok these edits are getting out of hand lol... time to call it quits.

This post was edited by Ep0ch on May 22 2018 07:27am
Gold: 18,534.02
May 22 2018 08:03am
Diablo 3 is trash.

Friendly reminder.
May 22 2018 08:09am
Quote (djman72 @ May 22 2018 09:03am)
Diablo 3 is trash.

Friendly reminder.

I don't disagree, but it's what we got, and it could be, and used to be much worse... ^_^

-e

Yet, could have been so very much better. <_<

This post was edited by Ep0ch on May 22 2018 08:13am
Gold: 18,534.02
May 22 2018 03:27pm
Quote (Ep0ch @ May 22 2018 09:09am)
I don't disagree, but it's what we got, and it could be, and used to be much worse... ^_^

-e

Yet, could have been so very much better. <_<

This isn't a compelling argument for someone to play.

Go Back To D3 Discussion Topic List
Prev12345Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll