d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Other Games > Consoles > Sony > Destiny 2 Help > Paying Fg
Prev123Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 220.00
May 12 2018 12:50am
Quote (jadeoshbogosh @ May 11 2018 10:04pm)
First raid and initial Trials was pretty good. The first Destiny was only good until the second raid came out, then it went straight to garbage when they made it easy mode as fuck for every bad kid who could use a HC. Completely destroyed PvP and released the worst raid of the entire series at the same time, and then they failed to fix PvP for the rest of the fucking game. D2 has managed to at least find some balance, but I'm also just bored out of my mind with it.

Have you paid people to do every single raid then? There are plenty of groups ALWAYS looking for people as long as you're competent and capable of actually completing it, that's what LFG is for. Sounds like you're looking for a full carry though because you're not good enough to hold your own with a group.

i havent done the raid since launch and the one time i looked the prestige wasent to popular, idk if they changed rewards 2 make it desirable, id rather just be done with it im like 340 light if i remember
Gold: 8,355.04
May 12 2018 12:32pm
Quote (vaiav @ May 11 2018 05:29pm)
this game so boring

i enjoyed the first destiny but i cant get into this one =/

This is the opinion shared by virtually everyone who enjoyed destiny 1
Gold: 250.00
Warn: 10%
May 12 2018 01:41pm
Quote (vaiav @ May 11 2018 08:28pm)
on that we'll never agree cuz i had fun playing crota raid on hard mode carrying the sword

Was just way too easy. People solod the hard mode backwards without getting hit once lol. I smashed through it on my first try without looking anything up and with a group of absolutely awful LFG kids. It was just painfully easy compared to VoG which was a bitch to figure out the first time through, and hard mode was amazing on it. My biggest beef was still the complete and utter destruction of PvP by making it so easy that people without thumbs could get kills. Just ruined the entire game. Either use one of three horribly broken guns, or get shit on in every game, your choice.

Quote (Flameyes @ May 12 2018 11:32am)
This is the opinion shared by virtually everyone who enjoyed destiny 1

Not even close.....D2 had the far better opening than D1 did. Destiny was something new and fresh so people got sucked into doing the boring stuff more, but it made us wait forever for competitive PvP or for the Raid, and by the time comp PvP had come out, they'd already ruined the meta of PvP beyond the point of it being enjoyable for anyone who could actually aim. The raid in D2 was on par or better than any of the raids offered by D1, and PvP was actually pretty decent at first. I've heard the meta is kind of shit now, but at least people got to play comp for a little while with a meta that wasn't completely boring.

D1 made people grind the same shit over and fucking over to hit max level. That's the only thing people apparently liked more about D1 now. People complained constantly about how much they had to grind to get up to the highest lvls to do Hard mode or to be maxed out, and people hated RNG after having done VoG or CoE 50+ times and still not finding the right piece of gear to max out. D2 tried to make people happier by toning the grinding aspect down a little bit, but by giving people more and better content, which they did... by A LOT. Of course this backfired and people cried endlessly about maxing out too fast. There's just no way to make people happy apparently lol.

This post was edited by jadeoshbogosh on May 12 2018 01:49pm
Gold: 300.00
May 14 2018 07:58am
Quote (jadeoshbogosh @ 12 May 2018 12:41)
Was just way too easy. People solod the hard mode backwards without getting hit once lol. I smashed through it on my first try without looking anything up and with a group of absolutely awful LFG kids. It was just painfully easy compared to VoG which was a bitch to figure out the first time through, and hard mode was amazing on it. My biggest beef was still the complete and utter destruction of PvP by making it so easy that people without thumbs could get kills. Just ruined the entire game. Either use one of three horribly broken guns, or get shit on in every game, your choice.

Not even close.....D2 had the far better opening than D1 did. Destiny was something new and fresh so people got sucked into doing the boring stuff more, but it made us wait forever for competitive PvP or for the Raid, and by the time comp PvP had come out, they'd already ruined the meta of PvP beyond the point of it being enjoyable for anyone who could actually aim. The raid in D2 was on par or better than any of the raids offered by D1, and PvP was actually pretty decent at first. I've heard the meta is kind of shit now, but at least people got to play comp for a little while with a meta that wasn't completely boring.

D1 made people grind the same shit over and fucking over to hit max level. That's the only thing people apparently liked more about D1 now. People complained constantly about how much they had to grind to get up to the highest lvls to do Hard mode or to be maxed out, and people hated RNG after having done VoG or CoE 50+ times and still not finding the right piece of gear to max out. D2 tried to make people happier by toning the grinding aspect down a little bit, but by giving people more and better content, which they did... by A LOT. Of course this backfired and people cried endlessly about maxing out too fast. There's just no way to make people happy apparently lol.

Idk.. first raid of d2 was too easy. Cleared it day 1, and quit after maxing all 3 of my characters and had nothing to do for months until the first DLC dropped (which i still never bothered to play)... I never played D1 but I understand the crying about Bungie ruining the way weapons drop. If I find 1 better devils, I've already found the best Better Devils. Not much fun/desire to play once all the best loot falls into your lap, perfectly rolled (baseline) or just needing to swap out 1 mod.

It just seems like Bungie/Activision is trying too hard to appeal to the casual more than the faithful gamer. The casual that plays the game for a week, beats the campaign and doesn't play it again VS. the people like you and the other destiny 1 fans that played through the raid 50 times+ and were eagerly waiting for the sequel to drop that was supposed to be a better version of D1.. which i don't think was the case.

All of this is without mentioning how they fucked around with the xp rates so many times while doing some bullshit behind the playerbase's back

This post was edited by MakinClouds on May 14 2018 08:00am
May 14 2018 08:11pm
Solid points all around, and they certainly dropped the ball, but I just hate seeing people romanticize the past, because it's just bullshit. D1 was boring as hell after VoG and became unplayable for people who wanted something even somewhat difficult. Seriously, I don't know how people just don't remember how bad they ruined matchmaking and they literally never fixed it. They broke it in CoE, and it stayed the same broken as shit meta until D2 came out.

D2 had a lot of potential, and they could have made it a lot more palatable to the middle gamer and to the hardcore gamer, shit, even just throw in epic cosmetic shit that you get from grinding your ass off. That keeps noobs hppy because they're not getting booty blasted automatically by unfair OP items, and it keeps HC gamers happy because they get to show off their dedication by looking flashy as hell. People are pretty simple, and you're never going to make everyone happy, but with the exception of the content being too quick, I thought it was great.

Question on the raid though. Did you or anyone in your crew look it up or did you go blind? I went in with some baddies and we got through 2 of the rooms blind and that was fucking rough. It wasn't hard to execute once you knew what to do, but figuring it out is/was the fun part. Maybe you had a great group, but I find it hard to believe you beat it easily without looking up anything.
Gold: 0.00
May 15 2018 09:03am
Quote (jadeoshbogosh @ May 14 2018 08:11pm)
Solid points all around, and they certainly dropped the ball, but I just hate seeing people romanticize the past, because it's just bullshit. D1 was boring as hell after VoG and became unplayable for people who wanted something even somewhat difficult. Seriously, I don't know how people just don't remember how bad they ruined matchmaking and they literally never fixed it. They broke it in CoE, and it stayed the same broken as shit meta until D2 came out.

D2 had a lot of potential, and they could have made it a lot more palatable to the middle gamer and to the hardcore gamer, shit, even just throw in epic cosmetic shit that you get from grinding your ass off. That keeps noobs hppy because they're not getting booty blasted automatically by unfair OP items, and it keeps HC gamers happy because they get to show off their dedication by looking flashy as hell. People are pretty simple, and you're never going to make everyone happy, but with the exception of the content being too quick, I thought it was great.

Question on the raid though. Did you or anyone in your crew look it up or did you go blind? I went in with some baddies and we got through 2 of the rooms blind and that was fucking rough. It wasn't hard to execute once you knew what to do, but figuring it out is/was the fun part. Maybe you had a great group, but I find it hard to believe you beat it easily without looking up anything.

Dude the only thing that has ever been good in destiny is trials, everything else is garbage.

/e comp is now somewhat bearable with "elo" now, but still no fun slapping a bunch of randoms that aren't even grouped up and communicating.

This post was edited by ISellLeagueBoosts on May 15 2018 09:04am
May 15 2018 09:14pm
Quote (ISellLeagueBoosts @ May 15 2018 08:03am)
Dude the only thing that has ever been good in destiny is trials, everything else is garbage.

/e comp is now somewhat bearable with "elo" now, but still no fun slapping a bunch of randoms that aren't even grouped up and communicating.

Trials wasn't released until the meta was already ruined in D1 though. This is one of the main reasons I've repeatedly said that D2 was WAY better than D1 at launch though, it came with a raid and with trials from the get-go, pretty much the only things that are actually enjoyable.

This post was edited by jadeoshbogosh on May 15 2018 09:16pm
Gold: 220.00
Jun 9 2018 10:14pm
bump
Gold: 1,550.01
Jun 10 2018 08:07pm
Quote (ysobad @ Jun 9 2018 09:14pm)
bump

What trophy are you actually missing?
Jun 11 2018 12:17am
Quote (OtterJethro @ Jun 10 2018 07:07pm)
What trophy are you actually missing?

Come on dude...

The Prestige
Complete the Leviathan raid on Prestige difficulty.

This post was edited by jadeoshbogosh on Jun 11 2018 12:17am
Go Back To Sony Topic List
Prev123Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll