d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Other Games > Consoles > Sony >
Poll > Need Help Choosing My Next Game
Prev14567Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
  Guests cannot view or vote in polls. Please register or login.
Gold: 250.00
Warn: 10%
May 15 2018 09:03pm
Quote (4killer7 @ May 14 2018 07:20pm)
Halos been awful for a while anything after 3 was a complete joke, and I will admit I would say most console shooters have gone to shit. The only real shooters competitively console had were tactical shooters and that genre has long been lost. Rainbow six is a close game to it but the awful hit reg and server issues didn't give the game a chance

/e also as the man who claims to be the expert of all competitive shooters you failed to mention at least PS4s biggest problem yet. Easily what is ruining any shooter is that it's games support keyboard play which is setting major unfair advatanges

Not in comp play. Keyboards have never and will never be allowed on GBs in any console FPS game, and they're not allowed in tournaments either... If you're having trouble doing well in pubs, then your time should be spent getting better, instead of worrying about whether or not some 13 year old kid across the country is tbagging you using a keyboard. I've never claimed to know everything about competitive shooters, but you're making me look pretty damn knowledgeable with irrelevant statements like this. Why didn't I bring up something completely irrelevant to the conversation? Not sure, maybe I'll try just talking about things that don't matter next time.

It also seems pretty apparent that you haven't even played Halo 5, or bothered learning anything about it...... It was received well by fans, critics, and competitive players, and it just like you stopped paying attention because of two bad games and are making assumptions without knowing what you're talking about when it comes to H5. Reach was bad, 4 was the worst of the series, but 5 is easily the best since H2. If you have access to an Xbox, I would highly recommend giving it a chance, or at least checking out some youtube videos (or twitch streams) of tourneys or top 10 master players grinding arena, since the amount of skill and teamwork it takes to play at that level is straight insane.

This post was edited by jadeoshbogosh on May 15 2018 09:33pm
Gold: 28,047.41
May 16 2018 05:52am
Quote (jadeoshbogosh @ May 15 2018 10:03pm)
Not in comp play. Keyboards have never and will never be allowed on GBs in any console FPS game, and they're not allowed in tournaments either... If you're having trouble doing well in pubs, then your time should be spent getting better, instead of worrying about whether or not some 13 year old kid across the country is tbagging you using a keyboard. I've never claimed to know everything about competitive shooters, but you're making me look pretty damn knowledgeable with irrelevant statements like this. Why didn't I bring up something completely irrelevant to the conversation? Not sure, maybe I'll try just talking about things that don't matter next time.

It also seems pretty apparent that you haven't even played Halo 5, or bothered learning anything about it...... It was received well by fans, critics, and competitive players, and it just like you stopped paying attention because of two bad games and are making assumptions without knowing what you're talking about when it comes to H5. Reach was bad, 4 was the worst of the series, but 5 is easily the best since H2. If you have access to an Xbox, I would highly recommend giving it a chance, or at least checking out some youtube videos (or twitch streams) of tourneys or top 10 master players grinding arena, since the amount of skill and teamwork it takes to play at that level is straight insane.

Also false, while LAN Tournaments obviously keyboarding isn't is a thing (haven't done a LAN tournament since socom 2 days) GBs there are PLENTY of keyboarding. I'm not talking about casuals. I've been on GB and played through many top teams on rainbow6 / uncharted 4 (although they primarily used another website) and overwatch and GB generally doesn't bat an eye when it comes to keyboarding. So no you're wrong there bud and again have you ever GB'd in the games I mentioned above? So again how do you know? Or are you continuing to spew bullshit out of your ass like the rest of your conversation in this thread with games you haven't or have barely touched? So try again and collect another nonexistant argument before getting insulting because your shit character is showing.

As for halo 5 I haven't played it but I did own and play the prior two and idc at this point if there is another good halo game I've been done with the series for awhile now. It's like if COD finally ever came out with another good game there is a 0% chance I would buy it
May 16 2018 08:10am
Wow, I guess you're right. I didn't bother going through and individually checking the rules for the games you mentioned. Didn't think it was possible the comp scene for them could be even worse than I already knew it was, pretty funny. The hypocrisy of automatically dismissing all my opinions because you don't like them, while shit talking games you haven't even played is hilarious. Sure, I may not have played GBs on FN, OW, or Rainbow, but I've at least played the games and know why I don't like them, rather then just calling them bad because a game made by a different company was bad :rofl: .

e: If the comp scene for those games is that much of a joke, don't you think there might be a reason for that though? Like them being bad camp games? RB6 I don't understand though. I'll admit my playtime on that game was limited, but I thought it would do better in the online comp scene. At least it's LAN tournaments seem pretty legit, that's something at least.

E#2: Not sure why this wasn't clicking, but I realized why the games you play are always going to suck on PS4. You're playing games made for PC on console and you're complaining about people using a mouse/keyboard on them..... How can you expect the comp scene to be anything but terrible on a secondary system? That's not how competitive gaming works. People play on which one is best and no one cares about anything else. If you legitimately care about competitive, either play on PC (or the correct system for whichever game you're on) or play exclusives. It'd be like playing competitive cod on Xbox now, or playing comp smite on Ps4, it just wouldn't make sense. GB or any other online comp supplier isn't going to bother changing the rules to accommodate a secondary system. The main reason being that you're already playing the bottom of the barrel for your pool of players and unless pros or other good players are making noise (which there isn't any there), rules don't get changed.

This post was edited by jadeoshbogosh on May 16 2018 08:21am
May 16 2018 08:44am
Quote (jadeoshbogosh @ May 16 2018 09:10am)
Wow, I guess you're right. I didn't bother going through and individually checking the rules for the games you mentioned. Didn't think it was possible the comp scene for them could be even worse than I already knew it was, pretty funny. The hypocrisy of automatically dismissing all my opinions because you don't like them, while shit talking games you haven't even played is hilarious. Sure, I may not have played GBs on FN, OW, or Rainbow, but I've at least played the games and know why I don't like them, rather then just calling them bad because a game made by a different company was bad :rofl: .

e: If the comp scene for those games is that much of a joke, don't you think there might be a reason for that though? Like them being bad camp games? RB6 I don't understand though. I'll admit my playtime on that game was limited, but I thought it would do better in the online comp scene. At least it's LAN tournaments seem pretty legit, that's something at least.

E#2: Not sure why this wasn't clicking, but I realized why the games you play are always going to suck on PS4. You're playing games made for PC on console and you're complaining about people using a mouse/keyboard on them..... How can you expect the comp scene to be anything but terrible on a secondary system? That's not how competitive gaming works. People play on which one is best and no one cares about anything else. If you legitimately care about competitive, either play on PC (or the correct system for whichever game you're on) or play exclusives. It'd be like playing competitive cod on Xbox now, or playing comp smite on Ps4, it just wouldn't make sense. GB or any other online comp supplier isn't going to bother changing the rules to accommodate a secondary system. The main reason being that you're already playing the bottom of the barrel for your pool of players and unless pros or other good players are making noise (which there isn't any there), rules don't get changed.

No where did I say the comp scene was a joke, just what the major problem that in your laundry list of reasons of why the games you were trying to say suck you missed the key reason. So I'm basically helping make your argument for you. And while RB6 has kind of died down it used to be a majorly popular console competitive shooter. But again keyboarding kind of ruined it for most people and now if you look at the ladder it's pretty dead. So if you're going to bash shooters bash them correctly where the problem is idk why they haven't made it for a game to not accept capatabilty with keyboard support. My guess is the main reason is it will piss Off a pretty big population of people who have spent a lot of money (average keyboard cost is 100+$) and games don't want to hurt sales.

This isn't an argument of whether PC or console competitive scene is better so idk why you brought that up though it's obvious PC has taken over in the shooter world but I don't like playing PC and prefer to play console it's as simple as that.

Well it was fun making you look like a fool trying to insult me only to completely derail your insult. But what more can I expect from the man who knows all things competitive

Also fun fact: RB6 isn't a camp heavy / camping game. Very far from it. Just like OW and just like uncharted 4 so idk where that came from at allllll lol. Another useless thing you've contributed to this discussion but I digress

/e also don't agree with your other statement about games "always" going to suck on the PS4, again I never said any of the games I listed above suck. In fact RB6 is the most fun I've had on a shooter since socom 2 which is still the best shooter ever created (imo). Just like all games has its flaws. Also UC4 was fun as well.

/e2 reading through my comment there are plenty of grammatical mistakes so before you be like 90% of other gamers and critize that since I have no clue where else you'll try to argue; Typing on my phone and at work / ranting it's something I don't double check and/or too lazy to care to fix and form proper spelling /sentences

This post was edited by 4killer7 on May 16 2018 08:57am
May 16 2018 09:25am
:bonk:

The comp scenes for those games on Ps4 is a joke... it's nonexistent, which is why people don't even give a shit if however many people playing are using an unfair advantage. It doesn't matter, which means it's a joke. That wasn't your argument, what exactly was? That these games are amazing! So let me show you yet another reason why they're terrible on console.... wow, what an inspiring way to make a point.

"RB6 isn't a camp heavy / camping game. Very far from it. Just like OW and just like uncharted 4 so idk where that came from at allllll lol. Another useless thing you've contributed to this discussion but I digress" - What the fuck does this have to do with anything I said? You constantly make statements about me talking out of my ass, but then you contribute these gems that have NOTHING to do with anything I said lol. it's like you're trying to make yourself look stupid... Oh I see, a typo in the sentence that would have been obvious to anyone with a brain went over your head, got it.

"/e also don't agree with your other statement about games "always" going to suck on the PS4, again I never said any of the games I listed above suck. In fact RB6 is the most fun I've had on a shooter since socom 2 which is still the best shooter ever created (imo). Just like all games has its flaws. Also UC4 was fun as well." - Once again, not what I said lol. I said the competitive scene for games that are meant to be played on PC are going to suck on PS4, and they do, and they will continue to do so.

Good job, you made me look like a fool by proving that the competitive scene on the games you play is so bad and so dead that they don't even enforce basic fucking rules. Kudos sir, way to prove your point. These games sure are the cream of the crop for console.
May 16 2018 09:55am
Quote (jadeoshbogosh @ May 16 2018 09:10am)

Bolded exactly where you said what my points were but wait you didn't say that right?

Also no the competitive scene on console for those games I listed at least didn't suck. Ya now it's pretty dead but at a good point of height it was very active and had plenty of good players playing. Dead now but to say it sucked is completely untrue. Was it as good as PC? No ... but no where in anything discussed was that ever said. But just because it isn't as good as PC doesn't AGAIN mean it sucked.

I like how you still turn to insults jeez you're pathetic dude lol

/e also you focus on my end tedious points lol focused on my fun fact and me saying that RB6 and UC4 are fun hahaha you really are struggling to back up your arguments i see

This post was edited by 4killer7 on May 16 2018 10:04am
May 16 2018 10:22am
:bonk: - I literally explained what happened there in my last post and it still went over your head (bolded). Like talking to a brick fucking wall man.

Your argument for why it didn't suck is because you said so... My argument is the fact that all the good-great comp players are playing on the correct system, all the money for tourneys either online or LAN is going to the correct system, and they don't even give a single fuck enough about it to ban keyboard play because of how pointless and useless the comp scene is for these games on console. Those are all facts. You can argue the good player thing, but you know you're just lying to yourself, and if you don't, then you're worse at these games than I thought.

I get it though, I'm pathetic because your opinion > real information. By the way, what fucking personal attacks are you talking about exactly? I said it seemed like you were trying to make yourself look stupid, which it does, since you keep saying completely irrelevant shit, or you'll make a ragey section in your post about typos and how I suck if I say anything about them, but then cry a fucking river because you couldn't decipher an obvious typo, and even after I explained the typo to you, you're still crying about it....

This post was edited by jadeoshbogosh on May 16 2018 10:23am
May 16 2018 01:17pm
Quote (jadeoshbogosh @ May 16 2018 11:22am)
:bonk: - I literally explained what happened there in my last post and it still went over your head (bolded). Like talking to a brick fucking wall man.

Your argument for why it didn't suck is because you said so... My argument is the fact that all the good-great comp players are playing on the correct system, all the money for tourneys either online or LAN is going to the correct system, and they don't even give a single fuck enough about it to ban keyboard play because of how pointless and useless the comp scene is for these games on console. Those are all facts. You can argue the good player thing, but you know you're just lying to yourself, and if you don't, then you're worse at these games than I thought.

I get it though, I'm pathetic because your opinion > real information. By the way, what fucking personal attacks are you talking about exactly? I said it seemed like you were trying to make yourself look stupid, which it does, since you keep saying completely irrelevant shit, or you'll make a ragey section in your post about typos and how I suck if I say anything about them, but then cry a fucking river because you couldn't decipher an obvious typo, and even after I explained the typo to you, you're still crying about it....

Hahahaha are you really trying to use the keyboard argument as your main argument when I am the one who gave it to you :rofl: :rofl: you didn't even know that was a thing and tried calling me a casual because I said it was Hahahaha

Next how am I saying its because I said so? The comp ladder for both of those games were very active on console, UC4 wasn't as big a problem with keyboarding and moreso as time went on the game died down but RB6 was a very active game on GB and go4 and just got consumed by keyboarders (which again you had no clue of so don't try acting like now you knew all along) so no the comp scene didn't suck.

This post was edited by 4killer7 on May 16 2018 01:25pm
May 16 2018 01:23pm
Quote (jadeoshbogosh @ May 15 2018 10:03pm)
Not in comp play. Keyboards have never and will never be allowed on GBs in any console FPS game, and they're not allowed in tournaments either... If you're having trouble doing well in pubs, then your time should be spent getting better, instead of worrying about whether or not some 13 year old kid across the country is tbagging you using a keyboard.I've never claimed to know everything about competitive shooters, but you're making me look pretty damn knowledgeable with irrelevant statements like this. Why didn't I bring up something completely irrelevant to the conversation? Not sure, maybe I'll try just talking about things that don't matter next time.

Here you go for reference bud cuz I know you'll try to back pedal.

Remember when the keyboard comment was irrelavent ????? :rofl: :rofl:

Way too ez Jesus dude

Also why do you keep bringing up typos? All I said on that was sorry if I don't use proper punctuation because I'm on JSP with my phone and could care less about proper periods and fixing my autocorrect if it happens...

This post was edited by 4killer7 on May 16 2018 01:24pm
May 16 2018 01:36pm
Keep bringing up typos? Seriously it's like talking to a fucking child. I said I MADE A TYPO and you missed it, even after all your bitching about anyone who complains about typos. Seriously, trying to have a conversation with someone who can't or doesn't read is just fucking painful. It's like I said typo and without even looking at the context you just see red and start raging like a fucking 4 year old having their tablet taken away. No shit this conversation has gone nowhere now that you're showing you don't even fucking read what you're responding to.

Already admitted I was wrong about the keyboards for GBs with the games you mentioned, I'm not wrong about them in LAN play, and the reason they're allowed in GBs is because no one gives a fuck about those games on console lol. The only point you've landed and now that you're hinging your entire sense of feeling right on, is something that without a doubt proves how fucking trash the competitive scene is for these games.

Try to actually fucking read what the person you're arguing with says next time before responding. OMG WHY DO YOU KEEP BRINGING UP TYPOS. Holy fucking moron.

e: Those are personal attacks btw, but they were well deserved after the onslaught of stupid you just threw at me.

This post was edited by jadeoshbogosh on May 16 2018 02:04pm
Go Back To Sony Topic List
Prev14567Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll