d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Other Games > Other Games > Starcraft I & II > Starcraft 2 Campaign Makes No Sense > What Happened Here
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 20,811.69
Trader: Trusted
May 3 2018 07:55pm
So never really got to playing this when it came out years ago, so started it earlier this week.. What is with the protoss data not matching up at all through the missions?

During the memory crystal missions in WOL, Zeratul and all the commanders along with all remaining protoss died in the last stand mission. That's what i understood from what was said by Artanis when he joined the fight. It was a no hope battle to the death. Artanis said when he joined that everyone left on the planet were all that were left of the protoss race. Then everyone including Zeratul were overswarmed and killed... While Zeratul was alive somehow to deliver the crystal to Raynor. How?... and on top of that, in HOTS, there was multiple Protoss missions which, one of which saids their Golden Armada(or whatever it was called) was still alive on the other side of a warp gate, let alone Zeratul yet again being alive to guide Kerrigan to the Primal Zerg world.

I mean.. HOTS started up right after WOL finished with Kerrigan being human again then going crazy and the following events happening.. If that was true, Zeratul should have been dead a long time before Kerrigan even became human again, yet he was still alive to lead her to the Primal Zerg world... Let alone Artanis saying when he came in all the protoss remaining were on that world, so Kerrigan finding that colony fleet could not have happened, let alone the mission where you need to stop transports from going through the warps to get to their main army..

So I honestly have to ask, did I miss something major when i watched Zeratul die, that mission itself being a vision or something? Or was it really Zeratul's memories in which the protoss were wiped out and yet somehow were still alive and thriving out there, having millions of protoss on the other side of the warp as Kerrigan stated? This is honestly confusing me insanely and driving me crazy. Someone please explain this to me haha.
Gold: 0.00
May 4 2018 01:43am
Quote (Selet @ 4 May 2018 03:55)
So never really got to playing this when it came out years ago, so started it earlier this week.. What is with the protoss data not matching up at all through the missions?

During the memory crystal missions in WOL, Zeratul and all the commanders along with all remaining protoss died in the last stand mission. That's what i understood from what was said by Artanis when he joined the fight. It was a no hope battle to the death. Artanis said when he joined that everyone left on the planet were all that were left of the protoss race. Then everyone including Zeratul were overswarmed and killed... While Zeratul was alive somehow to deliver the crystal to Raynor. How?... and on top of that, in HOTS, there was multiple Protoss missions which, one of which saids their Golden Armada(or whatever it was called) was still alive on the other side of a warp gate, let alone Zeratul yet again being alive to guide Kerrigan to the Primal Zerg world.

I mean.. HOTS started up right after WOL finished with Kerrigan being human again then going crazy and the following events happening.. If that was true, Zeratul should have been dead a long time before Kerrigan even became human again, yet he was still alive to lead her to the Primal Zerg world... Let alone Artanis saying when he came in all the protoss remaining were on that world, so Kerrigan finding that colony fleet could not have happened, let alone the mission where you need to stop transports from going through the warps to get to their main army..

So I honestly have to ask, did I miss something major when i watched Zeratul die, that mission itself being a vision or something? Or was it really Zeratul's memories in which the protoss were wiped out and yet somehow were still alive and thriving out there, having millions of protoss on the other side of the warp as Kerrigan stated? This is honestly confusing me insanely and driving me crazy. Someone please explain this to me haha.

im not sure if you speak english.
it clearly says that mission where every protoss dies is the overmind's vision of the future which was witnessed by zeratul when he ventured to aiur and the crystal he gave to raynor contains zeratul's memories of his journey so the vision of the overmind which he witnessed too.

This post was edited by Cpt_Ghost on May 4 2018 01:43am
Gold: 20,811.69
Trader: Trusted
May 4 2018 05:10am
Quote (Cpt_Ghost @ 4 May 2018 03:43)
im not sure if you speak english.
it clearly says that mission where every protoss dies is the overmind's vision of the future which was witnessed by zeratul when he ventured to aiur and the crystal he gave to raynor contains zeratul's memories of his journey so the vision of the overmind which he witnessed too.

Alright, that's what I was asking. I didn't notice that the mission was the overminds vision. I thought it was just a missions, which is why i asked.

Thanks.
Go Back To Starcraft I & II Topic List
Add Reply New Topic New Poll