d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > d2jsp > Ladder Slasher > +11% Treasure Chest Quality,
Prev1345
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 358.89
May 6 2018 09:03pm
Quote (pwb3 @ May 6 2018 08:57pm)
Must be a fake screenshot according to RabbitRoyal because there is an empty spot there among the items. :rofl:

We just did explore 55-71 with 4 people. and I solo'd up to that 55. Was not impressed with chests. We have one chest with a tier 7+ item
Gold: 4.70
May 6 2018 09:58pm
Quote (Joshie @ May 6 2018 10:03pm)
We just did explore 55-71 with 4 people. and I solo'd up to that 55. Was not impressed with chests. We have one chest with a tier 7+ item

22:52 You stumble upon a treasure chest. It has already been pillaged by someone else. Good luck.
Gold: 8,672.68
May 7 2018 02:25am
A majority of the times you get crap drops from a chest is when solo'ing, your odds of improvement go up with extra people in the group. It can be seen by some of the SS's already posted here, those that find crap are solo'ing, and those that get reasonable drops have more people in the group.

Difference between HC and SC is simple, it is due to player-base. In reality, there should be an increase of drops from chests for solo and a diminishing return for more people in the group.

@Rabbit, your insight is lacking, for starters, when I play, I carry items to well if I find a well, the other items I carry are my EES gear so that I can pick up other gear from monsters that I killed, or chests (which is a joke considering they don't drop much of anything worth my time to pick up), NOW, if I was taking SS's of TCs, it would appear that I found a whole lot of good items, but, in reality I found nothing, and you can not even provide evidence of your accusation, so STFU about pwb3's SS's, you don't know jack $hite about how he or any other person plays or what they carry in their inventory.
Gold: 14,290.27
May 7 2018 03:18am
Quote (izParagonzi @ May 7 2018 04:25am)
A majority of the times you get crap drops from a chest is when solo'ing, your odds of improvement go up with extra people in the group. It can be seen by some of the SS's already posted here, those that find crap are solo'ing, and those that get reasonable drops have more people in the group.

Difference between HC and SC is simple, it is due to player-base. In reality, there should be an increase of drops from chests for solo and a diminishing return for more people in the group.

@Rabbit, your insight is lacking, for starters, when I play, I carry items to well if I find a well, the other items I carry are my EES gear so that I can pick up other gear from monsters that I killed, or chests (which is a joke considering they don't drop much of anything worth my time to pick up), NOW, if I was taking SS's of TCs, it would appear that I found a whole lot of good items, but, in reality I found nothing, and you can not even provide evidence of your accusation, so STFU about pwb3's SS's, you don't know jack $hite about how he or any other person plays or what they carry in their inventory.

In general yup...

But then again, treasure chests can come out quite nicely even while solo on rare ocassions :)

This was a pretty good one:

Gold: 2,000.40
May 7 2018 04:33am
Posting these screenshots on solo is not going to prove anything. Paul designed higher tier items to drop under two conditions:

1) that you have a full group for greatest chance how higher tier/quality items spawning

2)that drop system gives all said drops to the same people, pissing you off and making you not explore ever in a group so basically its the same as soloing
Gold: 248,047.40
May 7 2018 08:45am
Quote (HylianHero @ 7 May 2018 04:33)
Posting these screenshots on solo is not going to prove anything. Paul designed higher tier items to drop under two conditions:

1) that you have a full group for greatest chance how higher tier/quality items spawning

2)that drop system gives all said drops to the same people, pissing you off and making you not explore ever in a group so basically its the same as soloing

Omfg if this isnt the realest explination of the drop system ive ever seen idk what is!

I was part of the 4 man joshie was in and drops were trash.

Quote (PoC @ 6 May 2018 21:58)
22:52 You stumble upon a treasure chest. It has already been pillaged by someone else. Good luck.

I swear this should be real.. at least I wouldnt feel so cheated when I open a box full of garbage.
May 7 2018 09:54am
Quote (HylianHero @ May 7 2018 06:33am)

Hey Dion, despite you saying this, I do recall you exploring with me within the last year, even if only for 20-30 min at a time.

1) Full group increases the strength of monsters--that increases drops, but it's not what makes higher tier/better drops possible. As you said it's chance, and so if you solo for maybe 15 x as long as you would 5-man, you can pull off similar drops overall. If you don't want to spend more time, you must find equivalently strong monsters to kill solo :)

2) The randomization of loot is patchy, but averages out over time. The trick to not getting pissed off when you don't get the loot is groping up with people that you want good things for when you explore ;) That way you're happy when you get the loot and you're still happy when they get the loot :hug:

This post was edited by BWConformity on May 7 2018 09:55am
Gold: Locked
Trader: Scammer
May 7 2018 03:03pm
got this during event I was happy

dragon skull scale armor
Level Req: 55
Physical Defense: 20 to 81
Magical Defense: 14 to 44

This post was edited by ForTheLoveOfRuneScape on May 7 2018 03:04pm
May 12 2018 12:15pm
The current event has 21% treasure chest quality... so this event is almost twice as good as the one this topic was made in... Finally, not only tier I-IV items... Now we can get tier V items like in this treasure chest!!!

Actually... maybe a little higher than tier V :rolleyes:
Go Back To Ladder Slasher Topic List
Prev1345
Add Reply New Topic New Poll