d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > d2jsp > Ladder Slasher > Do You Enjoy Playing Alone? > Regarding Gear Resets With Seasons...
Prev12345Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 560,678.11
Apr 26 2018 08:28am
Quote (ahs_darkhunter @ Apr 26 2018 06:52am)
There are games with high drop rates, where you can collect your gear in 2 weeks and get bored with a flooded market after 4 weeks. such games need resets with a fresh start (like poe/d2)

Ladder slasher isnt a game like that. progress is MUCH harder to do. you CANT get your gear/profs in 2 weeks but you need years for both. wiping out that would be like deleting standard on poe or d2 which couldnt happen for obvious reasons. So what you find/collect is yours ofc.
if you want complete resets, just go play poe or d2.

vouche this answer

if i wanted a reset every season id go play poe or d2 or 1 of 10000 other games with a ladder reset

i have a feeling its mainly just this user wanting to ruine the game for others who spent thousands of fg in the game and countless hours

cause he doesnt want to actually do the work himself :bonk: spend some of that 20k fg on the game buddy

once u got some gear u wont be enjoying playing alone :D people will enjoy climbing with you :D

heck if u get gear every 15 levels i will climb with you just invest some fgs please

ive never seen you ingame but i just did research on ur toons and i can tell you right now

your gear is why ur climbing alone people work very hard and spend alot to accumulate there gear dont ruine it for others because u dont want to invest time fgs and hard work

This post was edited by partyplanner on Apr 26 2018 08:37am
Gold: 248,047.40
Apr 26 2018 08:44am
Quote (partyplanner @ 26 Apr 2018 08:28)
vouche this answer

if i wanted a reset every season id go play poe or d2 or 1 of 10000 other games with a ladder reset

i have a feeling its mainly just this user wanting to ruine the game for others who spent thousands of fg in the game and countless hours

cause he doesnt want to actually do the work himself :bonk: spend some of that 20k fg on the game buddy

once u got some gear u wont be enjoying playing alone :D people will enjoy climbing with you :D

heck if u get gear every 15 levels i will climb with you just invest some fgs please

ive never seen you ingame but i just did research on ur toons and i can tell you right now

your gear is why ur climbing alone people work very hard and spend alot to accumulate there gear dont ruine it for others because u dont want to invest time fgs and hard work

This just brings it back to the fact the game isnt really playable without an outside source of currency. This just highlights the need for change in the drop rates of usable gear. To expect new people to be willing to drop enough fg to build decent sets you would normally aim to give them a starting experience that would make them WANT to buy gear not HAVE to buy better gear. Like most new people arent even able to make it to MQ their first climb. If someone told me when I started playing D2 or PoE that the only way someone would play with me or the only way I could complete the game is if I spent $50+ on gear I would have laughed in their face. Expecting advanced players to need to spend to get the really GFG gear is standard but to force a noob to spend money to even make the game playable is a bad business model.

Seriously think of another game where the economic model for the game is you cant play with a group or play efficiently solo without investing a good deal of resources from ANOTHER game first. Dont worry Ill wait ;)

This post was edited by Cheeya on Apr 26 2018 08:49am
Gold: 25,350.19
Apr 26 2018 08:55am
Quote (Cheeya @ Apr 26 2018 10:44am)
This just brings it back to the fact the game isnt really playable without an outside source of currency. This just highlights the need for change in the drop rates of usable gear. To expect new people to be willing to drop enough fg to build decent sets you would normally aim to give them a starting experience that would make them WANT to buy gear not HAVE to buy better gear. Like most new people arent even able to make it to MQ their first climb. If someone told me when I started playing D2 or PoE that the only way someone would play with me or the only way I could complete the game is if I spent $50+ on gear I would have laughed in their face. Expecting advanced players to need to spend to get the really GFG gear is standard but to force a noob to spend money to even make the game playable is a bad business model.

Seriously think of another game where the economic model for the game is you cant play with a group or play efficiently solo without investing a good deal of resources from ANOTHER game first. Dont worry Ill wait ;)

How much does ladder slasher cost to buy?
How much do the other games cost to buy?

You can do mq spending 500 fg easily with a bit of time
500fg is easy to come by these days on this website
Gold: 12,038.52
Apr 26 2018 09:47am
Quote (Cheeya @ Apr 26 2018 10:44am)

I can't think of another game that's keeping me entertained like this one, with goals on such a longterm scale. One time someone said "even in the craziest of games..." Guys, don't you know? Ladder Slasher is the craziest game there is :hug:
Gold: 248,047.40
Apr 26 2018 09:48am
Quote (slushslush @ 26 Apr 2018 08:55)
How much does ladder slasher cost to buy?
How much do the other games cost to buy?

You can do mq spending 500 fg easily with a bit of time
500fg is easy to come by these days on this website

Runescape - free to play and does not require purchase to be viable low level
Path of Exile - free to play and does not require purchase to be viable low level
Relics of avabur - free to play and does not require purchase to be viable low level
realm of the mad god - free to play and does not require purchase to be viable low level
Diablo II - CD key sets cost less than 10$ online and does not require additional purchase to be viable at low level
World of Warcraft - monthly subscription BUT does not require additional purchases to be viable at low level

Im sure there are plenty more examples I could list. Sure 500fg isnt "hard" to get but you shouldnt require it from someone who has really no way of feeling the game out to see if they would even like it because they cant get passed the low to mid levels without investing outside income.

Quote (BWConformity @ 26 Apr 2018 09:47)
I can't think of another game that's keeping me entertained like this one, with goals on such a longterm scale. One time someone said "even in the craziest of games..." Guys, don't you know? Ladder Slasher is the craziest game there is :hug:

The only other game Ive played longer than LS is Diablo II but i definitely feel the longterm goal point.

LS is definitely the craziest game to get addicted to lolol

This post was edited by Cheeya on Apr 26 2018 09:49am
Gold: 629.00
Warn: 30%
Apr 26 2018 09:56am
Netwarrior just came in here to post the same shit. He won't even follow up with some responses.

If the game was like how he wants it, he wouldn't even play it anyway.

Quote (netwarrior @ Apr 26 2018 09:23am)
losing no progress whatsoever...

I prefer gaining progress not losing it. Ladder slasher is all about prof and items.
Gold: 3,194.69
Apr 26 2018 10:28am
If we had a larger population of players additional populations that reset seasonally would be possible.
Gold: 18,145.28
Trader: Trusted
Apr 26 2018 11:34am
I enjoy playing with myself
Gold: 25,350.19
Apr 26 2018 12:21pm
Quote (JanMcCrank @ Apr 26 2018 01:34pm)
I enjoy playing with myself

I enjoy playing with you while you play with yourself
Gold: 9,025.34
Apr 26 2018 01:33pm
I spent about 3k and its fun to solo for now.
Go Back To Ladder Slasher Topic List
Prev12345Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll