d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > d2jsp > Ladder Slasher >
Poll > Make A Sound For That Thing!
Prev12
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
  Guests cannot view or vote in polls. Please register or login.
Gold: 3,194.69
Apr 25 2018 03:09pm
First off, I am often guilty of failing to notice my position was altered.

Certain attacks having specific sounds would be much better than some kind of audio "you have been moved alarm"
For example Gustfly's Blowback attack has one sound Boaurora's Knockback has another.

More sounds would be great and add a more immersive element. Sound's would need to be simple but distinctive (no HighDef ofc)
A mob casting a shield has one sound, Striking a mob with a shield has a different sound from normal strike etc.
Warm light sound, flash sound, treasure chest sound, walking over TD sound, falling thru a TD sound, player death, MQ pass fanfare, MQ fail, level up, attempting to cast without mana, so many possibilities. (some of these may exist my client is always muted because presently there is no need for sound awareness short of knowing your group went back to slashing after a break)

Community contribution like how some people helped with the graphics might be the way to go.
Gold: 7,798.12
Apr 26 2018 03:59pm
I voted "maybe".
I can see this from both sides of the perspective. I tank often and while I do try to pay attention, there are times I just don't notice I was pushed to the back row.

Sounds? Maybe. I never play LS with the sounds on. I always turn them off. Always have and always will.

Maybe something that's more visual? So I guess a chat message of some sort could work. Or maybe there's a quick flash or something on the character that got pushed/pulled?
With the chat message idea, it could help. I mean when people get pulled forward or the tank gets pushed back (and the user doesn't notice) people will type some kind of message in the chat...and this is what gets people to notice what happened.

This post was edited by Brainwashed on Apr 26 2018 03:59pm
Go Back To Ladder Slasher Topic List
Prev12
Add Reply New Topic New Poll