d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > d2jsp > Ladder Slasher >
Poll > A Suggestion About Element Mastery
Prev123Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
  Guests cannot view or vote in polls. Please register or login.
Gold: 8,248.87
Apr 25 2018 01:53pm
Quote (HoneyBadger @ Apr 25 2018 03:11pm)
I'm sorry to those that suffer emotionally because their Brown charm has Blue mastery or whatever.
It is no different than rolling strength on a staff or any other undesirable combination.

Neither change will happen. Your basically asking Paul to put effort into engineering a way to remove content he created because "we want better drops"

Basic economics
Better items dropping more frequently does NOT magically bring more FG into the game and make everyone rich.
Better items dropping more frequently does reduce the value of all items and all time previously spent.
Wealth is relative and the fact that you can't go out and buy or ever hope for a perfect LS item is one of the reasons why the people that still play are around whether they realize it or not.
The price difference between an item the gets you to MQ efficiently and one that costs 100 times as much is the rarity not the functionality.

:hail: Truth
Gold: 254,315.00
Apr 25 2018 02:19pm
Quote (HoneyBadger @ 25 Apr 2018 13:11)
I'm sorry to those that suffer emotionally because their Brown charm has Blue mastery or whatever.
It is no different than rolling strength on a staff or any other undesirable combination.

Neither change will happen. Your basically asking Paul to put effort into engineering a way to remove content he created because "we want better drops"

Basic economics
Better items dropping more frequently does NOT magically bring more FG into the game and make everyone rich.
Better items dropping more frequently does reduce the value of all items and all time previously spent.
Wealth is relative and the fact that you can't go out and buy or ever hope for a perfect LS item is one of the reasons why the people that still play are around whether they realize it or not.
The price difference between an item the gets you to MQ efficiently and one that costs 100 times as much is the rarity not the functionality.

Hmmm thats interesting because the majority of really good LS items were found prior to mastery being a mod in the game and as soon as elemental mastery was added there were suddenly 5 more trash side mods that cant spawn high enough for them to be useful without a main mod such as EE.

So basically you are saying those of us who were playing before these mods made finding an item worth using even harder should just accept that he added 5 useless mods and to stop suggesting ways to return the possibility of a decent item dropping to what it was prior to its addition.
Gold: 1,470.74
Apr 25 2018 02:45pm
I’m more about having a possibility to be able to use one of the aspects of the mod and as it is now that’s not going to happen.
Gold: 7,798.12
Apr 26 2018 04:10pm
Quote (HoneyBadger @ Apr 25 2018 03:11pm)

Basic economics

I agree with you for the most part, but I still disagree on the matching charms element.
If an element mastery mod spawns on a charm, it should at least match the element type it's spawning on. Besides the whole point (and my opinion) the +5 extra element mods just create more trash. The mastery itself is only a decent side mod...and the majority of the time when they spawn, it's literally just a wasted useless mod on the charm because it adds absolutely nothing at all.

Quote (PowerTripped @ Apr 25 2018 04:45pm)
I’m more about having a possibility to be able to use one of the aspects of the mod and as it is now that’s not going to happen.

I agree.

To be honest, I'd actually prefer if Paul just removed the entire element masteries (with just keeping heal mastery) like it used to be. I don't see that happening, so that's why I think when the mods did spawn on an item, it would at least match and not be wasted ~75% of the time.

I just saw a recent drop that someone posted. A perfect 100ee lvl10 ice charm with 2% ice mastery. A good item actually had the correct mastery spawn on it instead of it being totally useless :thumbsup:

This post was edited by Brainwashed on Apr 26 2018 04:11pm
Gold: 254,315.00
Apr 26 2018 08:23pm
Quote (Brainwashed @ 26 Apr 2018 16:10)
I agree with you for the most part, but I still disagree on the matching charms element.
If an element mastery mod spawns on a charm, it should at least match the element type it's spawning on. Besides the whole point (and my opinion) the +5 extra element mods just create more trash. The mastery itself is only a decent side mod...and the majority of the time when they spawn, it's literally just a wasted useless mod on the charm because it adds absolutely nothing at all.

I agree.

To be honest, I'd actually prefer if Paul just removed the entire element masteries (with just keeping heal mastery) like it used to be. I don't see that happening, so that's why I think when the mods did spawn on an item, it would at least match and not be wasted ~75% of the time.

I just saw a recent drop that someone posted. A perfect 100ee lvl10 ice charm with 2% ice mastery. A good item actually had the correct mastery spawn on it instead of it being totally useless :thumbsup:

Could not agree more but a compromise and merging them into a single elemental mastery would be fine. Nothing sucks more than getting an arcane+ charm and 3-4 mods are mastery and none of them match the element it was spawned on.

Quote (Plaguefear @ 26 Apr 2018 20:30)
You realize the ls population was ten times what it is now when you could find items to play with right?
I quit because unless i want to throw 30,000 fg at one class i will not even have a chance at doing regular climbs, when i started i was able to gear up by playing the game.
The transmuting changes hit me hardest, now if i want to transmute gear it will take me 2 years to get to a decent level and then the odds of a decent item are 600 to 1.
Basic economics says if there is no incentive to play no one will play.

Except those who were already able to play before :D

This guy gets it

This post was edited by Cheeya on Apr 26 2018 08:52pm
Gold: 1.93
Apr 26 2018 08:30pm
Quote (HoneyBadger @ Apr 26 2018 06:11am)

Basic economics

You realize the ls population was ten times what it is now when you could find items to play with right?
I quit because unless i want to throw 30,000 fg at one class i will not even have a chance at doing regular climbs, when i started i was able to gear up by playing the game.
The transmuting changes hit me hardest, now if i want to transmute gear it will take me 2 years to get to a decent level and then the odds of a decent item are 600 to 1.
Basic economics says if there is no incentive to play no one will play.

This post was edited by Plaguefear on Apr 26 2018 08:33pm
Gold: 250.81
Warn: 30%
Apr 26 2018 09:32pm
Quote (HoneyBadger @ Apr 25 2018 05:11pm)

Basic economics

As a good friend would say, this game is designed for a much larger player base. The ladder and standard mode in other rpgs is all in one in ladder slasher.
Great items drop. We only see them once in a while because not everyone posts their good drops for needy eyes B) . If there were 300 people playing you`d see 200 ee items getting posted up daily. You can get good usable items for cheap. If you want to be the best you`ll have to pay, just like any RPG.

I think that it would be nice to see charms have a higher chance of rolling with the right mastery. It would be the same as asking for swords to always roll with strength and not dex or vita. Masteries are less effective than main stats so it`s not a 100% fullproof comparison. Mastery and ee are practically the same thing ignoring the mysterious defense bonus so why have 2 of the same thing is the real question.
Gold: 1.93
Apr 26 2018 11:34pm
Quote (Bob888 @ Apr 27 2018 02:32pm)
https://media.giphy.com/media/4vQZcC96dTfG/source.gif

As a good friend would say, this game is designed for a much larger player base. The ladder and standard mode in other rpgs is all in one in ladder slasher.
Great items drop. We only see them once in a while because not everyone posts their good drops for needy eyes B) . If there were 300 people playing you`d see 200 ee items getting posted up daily. You can get good usable items for cheap. If you want to be the best you`ll have to pay, just like any RPG.

I think that it would be nice to see charms have a higher chance of rolling with the right mastery. It would be the same as asking for swords to always roll with strength and not dex or vita. Masteries are less effective than main stats so it`s not a 100% fullproof comparison. Mastery and ee are practically the same thing ignoring the mysterious defense bonus so why have 2 of the same thing is the real question.

Back when ls came out you could make a new character and be able to reach soloable mq gear in a few weeks.
Now you would be lucky to find enough gear in 2 years.
It is undeniable that the difficulty curve is much higher now, and its not because less people play.
Less people play because it is much harder to get into.
Gold: 7,798.12
May 13 2018 10:47am
Bump
Gold: 433.48
Trader: Trusted
May 13 2018 11:26am
Quote (Bob888 @ 27 Apr 2018 05:32)
https://media.giphy.com/media/4vQZcC96dTfG/source.gif

He could simply scale the drop chance on the avarage amount of people that played the last 4 weeks.

Lets say you had on avarage 10 people playinng daily the last 2 weeks, the drop chance for higher stats are increased by x%, while they get lower if 50 people played on daily avarage the last 4 weeks.
I mean he probably has the statistics on it and if not it is not hard to get. If "playing" is too hard to define you could just other stats like how many different ppl mq'd or factor more stats into the equation
Then you'd have a dynamic drop qualtiy in stats that are tied in some way to the player base
Go Back To Ladder Slasher Topic List
Prev123Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll