d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > d2jsp > General Help > Why Is There No Bidding And Buynow Option???
Prev12
Closed New Topic
Gold: 1.93
Apr 20 2018 09:48pm
Problem is it means seller always goes first, i never go first so i would not use this.
Gold: 0.01
Apr 20 2018 11:39pm
Current system works fine imo.

I'd vote no against this
Gold: 720.71
Apr 20 2018 11:42pm
Quote (Plaguefear @ Apr 20 2018 10:48pm)
Problem is it means seller always goes first, i never go first so i would not use this.

Well I think the idea is that, the item is given and then the fg is released. Kinda like buying something off the e of bay or using paypal to buy something. Fg is held until buyer is satisfied.

Issue with this is its really not needed. You can use a med to do all this (although a bit slower) and this would just slow down trading even more. While you make some good points, this is more used in situations where an item cannot be given instantly.

Also you bid in the threads and can retract or cancel at any point.
Gold: 11,732.26
Apr 21 2018 12:27am
Then rename the site to e2baysp
Gold: 100,558.02
Apr 21 2018 12:33am
One of the main problems, besides the fact that this becomes too complicated for some of the 80 IQ jsp user ( no offence, you might not be fluent in English or something.. ) is that this would require the buyer to confirm the trade for you to get your fg.

The buyer couldn't care less if the fg is still "on hold" or if you've received it, they might just keep it "on hold" in hopes that the trade "expires" or they could "back out" so they'd get the fg back. They might just keep it on hold to troll you or can even forget to confirm it on their side and log off, so you'll have to wait for them forever to come back online.

If a few days pass for example, they could come back and say they don't have the item yet and try to cancel the trade, so YOU'll have to provide the evidence that you actually traded and if you don't they would probably be allowed to back out from it.

The only way to avoid having to wait days/weeks if the buyer "forgets" or actually forgets to confirm the trade, would be to automatically gold lock the buyer within 24 hours of not confirming or something, which would never be implemented, they can't just lock people over that because it's extremely speculative.
Go Back To General Help Topic List
Prev12
Closed New Topic