d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Sports Coliseum > Motor Sports & Cars > Since My Topic Was Removed > What Do You Guys Think About Next Wrap?
Prev113141516Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 900.00
May 25 2018 05:34am
Quote (FMX_89 @ May 24 2018 09:09pm)
Street tuning and I rent dyno time if it makes over 700whp for safety.

What did you do with the fbody?

Quote (IHaveAMeme @ May 24 2018 09:39pm)
Cars n kush so soft :rofl:

Aka Pillsbury

Another lost rando.

Quote (ozzyarmy3 @ May 25 2018 05:34am)
You still posting? 😂

You still coming here for your “lols” sad little man? So “busy” with the wife n kid n schoolin eh?

This post was edited by CarsAndKush on May 25 2018 05:36am
Gold: 0.00
May 25 2018 06:09am
Quote (CarsAndKush @ May 25 2018 11:34am)

Another lost rando.

You still coming here for your “lols” sad little man? So “busy” with the wife n kid n schoolin eh?

It takes a long time to open my phone and post.. Got me bro.
Gold: 1,535.00
May 25 2018 07:46am
on the real tho, that smoking pic is hella funny
Gold: 0.00
May 25 2018 03:00pm
Quote (CarsAndKush @ May 24 2018 05:02pm)
Difference is people know me. Nobody has a clue who you are.

who are you again?
Gold: 484.02
May 25 2018 04:56pm
Quote (CarsAndKush @ May 25 2018 06:34am)

Another lost rando.

I still have it and I'm still going to do an auto/turbo build with it when I get bored with the C5Z. It's in the middle of some huge upgrades right now that should be fun. 1200whp on boost and a 200 shot.
Gold: 18,640.00
May 25 2018 06:16pm
Pay people to work on my NSX? Meh partially true, I’ve only paid for things that I don’t have the tools or knowledge to do ie: paint &body, dropping the whole engine cradle, the engine rebuild, and the flex fuel tune.

The NSX is not a platform you want to learn those things on per se, as mistakes will end up VERY expensive.

Other than that I’ve had my hands on just about every other part of this car. It’s drawn blood and tested my patience plenty of times.
Gold: 1,695.00
May 25 2018 06:24pm
Quote (Decom @ 25 May 2018 17:16)
Pay people to work on my NSX? Meh partially true, I’ve only paid for things that I don’t have the tools or knowledge to do ie: paint &body, dropping the whole engine cradle, the engine rebuild, and the flex fuel tune.

The NSX is not a platform you want to learn those things on per se, as mistakes will end up VERY expensive.

Other than that I’ve had my hands on just about every other part of this car. It’s drawn blood and tested my patience plenty of times.

Those sound like really shitty things to have to do on your own, but I've done them on multiple platforms not yours per say but tougher more irritating.

Learn to build it not buy it in my opinion, in all reality ya live ya learn. Crank something to incorrect spec learn down the road it's wrong build it right next time leaned that when I was 13.

Don't have the tools? Buy em bro ain't no thang but a chicken wang?

If the nsx is your first car you might want to buy a manual for it and kick up some research since ya can't afford tools.

Before you spend all your money on mechanics.
May 25 2018 07:06pm
The entire project I’d say is about 90% “done”. There’s only a handful of smaller things I want to do to it, which I’ll do myself. I do try to do as much as I can, and I have the shop manuals on PDF. NSXprime is an outstanding community with lots of information, most of the stuff I’ve done wouldn’t have been possible without those resources.

I have no regrets paying for experts to do what I can’t in order to have something done correctly the first time. The shop that the car was dropped off at is one of the most reputable NSX shops in the US. They have outstanding products and are passionate about what they do. The guy who built the engine is their head mechanic with over 12 years of NSX experience.

As for tools, I’ve been in the military for 13 years and I move around a lot. This makes having large and often heavy items difficult/PITA to move. When you move overseas there are weight limits to work around as well.

All that being said I’ve learned quite a lot on the car. I’ve messed with suspension, air cup system, big brakes, entire cooling system, installed the first supercharger, tore open most of the interior, did all the regular maintenance and lots of restoration.
Gold: 1,695.00
May 25 2018 07:10pm
Quote (Decom @ 25 May 2018 18:06)
The entire project I’d say is about 90% “done”. There’s only a handful of smaller things I want to do to it, which I’ll do myself. I do try to do as much as I can, and I have the shop manuals on PDF. NSXprime is an outstanding community with lots of information, most of the stuff I’ve done wouldn’t have been possible without those resources.

I have no regrets paying for experts to do what I can’t in order to have something done correctly the first time. The shop that the car was dropped off at is one of the most reputable NSX shops in the US. They have outstanding products and are passionate about what they do. The guy who built the engine is their head mechanic with over 12 years of NSX experience.

As for tools, I’ve been in the military for 13 years and I move around a lot. This makes having large and often heavy items difficult/PITA to move. When you move overseas there are weight limits to work around as well.

All that being said I’ve learned quite a lot on the car. I’ve messed with suspension, air cup system, big brakes, entire cooling system, installed the first supercharger, tore open most of the interior, did all the regular maintenance and lots of restoration.

Same, been there dealt with try to get stationed in Japan if ya can, it was fun for a bit till some dumbasses ruined it for all of us a bit back. I was mainly focused on rides haha.
May 25 2018 07:18pm
I’ve been in Okinawa for almost 3 years now, the car scene here is very different and I like it. The community within service members can be very toxic though. My car stayed stateside so I could avoid the chance of damage from transportation/hurricanes/salty air. Not to mention having it homologated to Japanese standards on the mainland.

Toyed with the idea of importing a car upon return but ultimately just went with finishing the Acura.
Go Back To Motor Sports & Cars Topic List
Prev113141516Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll