d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > 25 Years Ago Today
Prev1567
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 1,261.00
Apr 24 2018 05:05pm
Quote (thesnipa @ Apr 24 2018 01:08pm)
the religiously conservative, in my experience, often try to demonize any behavior they don't like as sinful. especially when speaking to children, the shame tactics start early. then again when you look at your neighbors wife and think "i'd show her a good time" that's a top 10 sin, so maybe failing in a marriage is passing the same low bar.

but really i think we've gotten into some murky waters, probably because i described it poorly. the woman's general point is that STD's are almost universally connected to sinful behavior of some kind. then, secondly, when challenges with a difficult hypothetical she maintains her harsh position, because it strikes a related nerve. that being people rushing into relationships or being dishonest generally with their partners. i'm sure there is a hypothetical saintlike partner who never sins in their relationship who gets an STD from an entirely evil partner, in which case she'd be ok with them getting treated and would agree they hadn't sinned. She just felt im sure this slice of the pie is so small its not worth mentioning, and thats likely correct.

Eh, I think the top 10 sins are way overblown in some cases anyway. Disrespecting your parents? Give me a break. How about we put "not abusing your children" into the top 10 instead? Seems like a much bigger problem than some kid bad-mouthing his mom. Working on Sabbath, coveting someone else's stuff, this shouldn't even qualify as a sin at all.

"Welp, it's Sunday. Time to try out my brand new lawnmower!" Straight to hell, you filthy evildoer!
"Oh wow, Jim next door bought a new powered lawnmower, wish I had one". Aaaand you as well!
Gold: 4,000.12
Apr 24 2018 06:47pm
Is there proof he was a kiddy fiddler?
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev1567
Add Reply New Topic New Poll