d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate >
Poll > Islam > Survey
Prev1234511Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
  Guests cannot view or vote in polls. Please register or login.
Gold: 268.15
Apr 18 2018 06:49am
Quote (Scaly @ Apr 18 2018 12:42pm)
The bible also says to kill non-believers and worshippers of other gods. Burn their homes and kill their livestock as well. Very few Christians follow that nowadays.

The question isn't 'what does the holy book say?'

I don't think so.
The Bible may say that to to "kill non-believers and worshippers of other gods", but there are no Christian or Jewish terrorist organizations that try to implement these recommendations.

It's a big difference between the Muslim community and the Christian and Jewish communities.

What is written in religious books is important.
And it's important especially when people start to apply & obey the recommendations that are proposed.

This post was edited by Chevaucheur on Apr 18 2018 06:53am
Gold: 2,094.99
Apr 18 2018 06:54am
Quote (Scaly @ Apr 18 2018 07:42am)
The bible also says to kill non-believers and worshippers of other gods. Burn their homes and kill their livestock as well.

No it doesn’t. Especially not in the New Testament, which is what Christians abide by.
Gold: 6,723.69
Apr 18 2018 06:55am
Because the sheer lack of believers makes it socially inacceptable to put those words into action. I for one firmly believe that christianity is far more dangerous than the islam.
I know that people like to attribute the bad doings of muslims to their religion, but I venture there are different reasons more than the commonfolk would like to believe.
Apr 18 2018 07:11am
A reproach I have to make to Muslims is to smile at me often.
Muslims often smile at me.
According to my personal experience, they do not use classical polite formulas, and instead they often smile.

The cohesion within their community is special.
Their social cohesion does not consist of politeness and respect.
Their social cohesion implies love.

And I think it's something wrong

As can be seen in this picture, love is an intelligence in its own right:

https://image.ibb.co/eg6oOS/carte2.png

Love should not be used as a tool for social cohesion.
It is a lack of respect for Catholics

I think that Muslims should be encouraged to use politeness rather than love as a tool for social cohesion.

This post was edited by Chevaucheur on Apr 18 2018 07:17am
Gold: 5,016.77
Apr 18 2018 07:22am
Quote (Skinned @ Apr 18 2018 06:05am)
If you are an oppressed person of the world you can come to the United States and be free.

The unwashed huddled masses yearning to be free.

Yes there are some people here who will treat them badly but they're people everywhere he would treat them badly at least here the people will be free to make their lives better.

America is multiculturalism at it's best... you can't say the same about France.
Gold: 1,307.69
Apr 18 2018 07:25am
Quote (Scaly @ Apr 18 2018 08:42am)
The 'Quran says' argument is about as valid as the 'Bible says' argument in attempting to attack either religion's adherents.

The bible also says to kill non-believers and worshippers of other gods. Burn their homes and kill their livestock as well. Very few Christians follow that nowadays.

The question isn't 'what does the holy book say?' but 'what do religious people genuinely believe is moral and how are they willing to take action to promote and protect that moral decency as they perceive it?'

One team seems to be taking their books a tad more literally.
Apr 18 2018 07:28am
Quote (IceMage @ Apr 18 2018 01:22pm)
America is multiculturalism at it's best... you can't say the same about France.

Multiculturalism is not necessarily good.
Multiculturalism has good sides, and bad sides.

For many centuries Europe has refused to immigrate Muslims.
And they did not trade with Muslim countries either.
It was the Jews who used to take the boat, and who were were in charge for trades with North Africa.

For many centuries, multiculturalism has been seen as something very bad in Europe.

Here is for example the story of the Jews of Venice if you are interested:

Multiculturalism has good sides, but it must be brought smoothly.

This post was edited by Chevaucheur on Apr 18 2018 07:29am
Gold: 945.00
Apr 18 2018 07:30am
Quote (Scaly @ Apr 18 2018 01:42pm)
The 'Quran says' argument is about as valid as the 'Bible says' argument in attempting to attack either religion's adherents.

The question isn't 'what does the holy book say?' but 'what do religious people genuinely believe is moral and how are they willing to take action to promote and protect that moral decency as they perceive it?'

OP's poll might as well exchange the word Quran for the Bible and have the same result. It's not really a surprise that an ~ 2000 year old book doesn't fit in our culture.

Quote (Chevaucheur @ Apr 18 2018 01:49pm)
The Bible may say that to to "kill non-believers and worshippers of other gods", but there are no Christian or Jewish terrorist organizations that try to implement these recommendations.

--> IRA somewhat. and there are more forms of terrorism using this specific rhetoric in the past.

The current wave of terrorism isn't the standard, it's just the first one to go global.

This post was edited by Knoppie on Apr 18 2018 07:52am
Gold: 0.00
Apr 18 2018 08:01am
Quote (Chevaucheur @ 18 Apr 2018 12:49)
there are no Christian or Jewish terrorist organizations that try to implement these recommendations.

Except there are.

Also my distinction is important because you are tarring all muslims with the same brush and insinuating that they all believe the same thing. Which is not only patently untrue but extremely unhelpful in addressing the issues of radicalisation and terrorism.

This post was edited by Scaly on Apr 18 2018 08:09am
Gold: 945.00
Apr 18 2018 08:17am
Quote (majorblood @ Apr 18 2018 12:28pm)
" non practising" muslim
yeah that's punishable by death in their homeland(or their parents homeland).

Are you even a muslim if you don't practice the Quran?

I actually know one, for him it's more that he identifies himself towards being part of a Muslim culture, pretty similar to non practicing Jews actually. Who see being Jewish more cultural related than the religious aspect of it.
/e thinking about it, I actually know 3 non practicing Muslims ^

This post was edited by Knoppie on Apr 18 2018 08:19am
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev1234511Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll