d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Other Games > MOBA > League of Legends >
Poll > Do Coaching Or Vod Review Actually Help
12Next
Add Reply New Trade New Service New Topic New Poll
  Guests cannot view or vote in polls. Please register or login.
Gold: 3.31
Apr 17 2018 08:09pm
so ive been playing for almost 5months now and im just moving from silver5 to silver4
games getting pretty boring now with the same thing over and over spending ~30min games having no impact

not sure if im even improving anymore is biggest concern.
just wanna get better... started support --> top --> jg
~170games played probably (40% top, 40% supp, 20% jg)

is it worth getting a coach at this point to know what im doing wrong? do i need to just play more games on a single champ and role?
camille is my most played at 36games total played

do vod/coaching sessions help in general?

http://na.op.gg/summoner/userName=houseofguards

This post was edited by PinataParty on Apr 17 2018 08:11pm
Gold: 12.79
Apr 17 2018 08:12pm
You don't know what you don't know. There are lots of ways to improve but yes feedback from higher level players is essential. Spamming games is good if you have the constructs necessary to understand what needs to be fixed and u can work on mechanics of course.
Gold: 1.69
Apr 17 2018 11:08pm
Game has become something where you need to know a shit ton and know how to implement the knowledge, even to just get to plat.
Gold: 25.20
Apr 17 2018 11:25pm
Once you gain a baseline level of mechanics then it's basically just knowledge to get you to high diamond.

This post was edited by FroggyG on Apr 17 2018 11:26pm
Gold: 22,393.07
Apr 17 2018 11:51pm
If i were you, i would stick to a few champs in each role.

See what you feel comfortable on.

Rather than have to concentrate on what items to build for each champ/figure out how to play a champ effectively each game.
Lets you focus on other aspects of the game (eg wave control, playing around wards, contesting objectives, mirroring jungle etc..)

Tbh, idk how much a coach is going to help you. Past 1hr, not much more you can really comment on.
A quick session might be useful to see exactly what you need to work on though.

If you considering a coach, might as well watch more streams/those youtube lesson guides etc and expand your knowledge.

Easiest thing to fix is honestly thinking about the game in more a risk management thought process.
Take less risks if you dont have to and identify your win condition. Play the game smart and you'll rise eventually.

This post was edited by potentate on Apr 17 2018 11:56pm
Retired Moderator
Gold: 5,351.00
Trader: Trusted
Apr 18 2018 01:11pm
It really depends how receptive you are to the feed back from someone in higher elo. If your going to take to heart what's told to you and actually work on it then it might be worth a session or two. Although on the other hand you sound pretty new to the game, if the coach goes too in depth or overloads you with info you might not actually get much value out of it so it will depend on how deeply you understand the game at your point.

Realistically though if you are motivated enough a lot of the improving can be simply done yourself by not just playing lots but also being very critical of everything you do mistake wise. You need to be always questioning yourself like "is this what I'm supposed to be doing right now?"

Anyways good luck!
Gold: 3.31
Apr 18 2018 11:14pm
Quote (potentate @ Apr 18 2018 12:51am)
If i were you, i would stick to a few champs in each role.

See what you feel comfortable on.

Rather than have to concentrate on what items to build for each champ/figure out how to play a champ effectively each game.
Lets you focus on other aspects of the game (eg wave control, playing around wards, contesting objectives, mirroring jungle etc..)

Tbh, idk how much a coach is going to help you. Past 1hr, not much more you can really comment on.
A quick session might be useful to see exactly what you need to work on though.

If you considering a coach, might as well watch more streams/those youtube lesson guides etc and expand your knowledge.

Easiest thing to fix is honestly thinking about the game in more a risk management thought process.
Take less risks if you dont have to and identify your win condition. Play the game smart and you'll rise eventually.

thx for tip, def started to play super safe with sej and not going for so many invades.
just going pure mid/late game focused now
watched some videos on more late game comps and after 2days of not playing a game went 2-0 with both s-rank games

i think coaching or vod might be a bit too much for me atm, not even sure about half the champs i go against and who wins

Gold: 67.10
Warn: 40%
Apr 18 2018 11:33pm
with pointing out common mistakes and correcting bad habits ya.

doing some research, getting advice and or coaching will help you move up a full tier on average.

in-depth champ coaching matters so little imo unless you are very high elo. basic knowledge is good enough, but if you want to be good versus specific champs, you need to play those specific champs, even if you don't like those champs. don't waste money on learning how to play riven or syndra if you're gold v and you're concerned with climbing.

also i feel this is tommyv non-troll alt because paragraph structure and sentences are so similar so i'm glad there's more than just heimerdinger and 66.6 suckfeed support.

& this
Quote (FroggyG @ Apr 17 2018 09:25pm)
Once you gain a baseline level of mechanics then it's basically just knowledge to get you to high diamond.

mechanics aren't as important as people make them out to be. PvE, map pressure, and objectives will get you even further than trying to outplay ap sion as hybrid tank teemo. Just don't overthink it. It's about jumping in a game and destroying the nexus. Anything in between this timeframe is help/hurt for you, it's just about knowing what's a waste of time, mainly. Lower elo players waste a lot of time, especially when you look at their gold per minute averages and death averages. It shows.

This post was edited by EnigmaSeven on Apr 18 2018 11:41pm
Gold: 1,045.70
Warn: 20%
Apr 19 2018 01:32am
Quote (EnigmaSeven @ Apr 19 2018 05:33am)
also i feel this is tommyv non-troll alt because paragraph structure and sentences are so similar so i'm glad there's more than just heimerdinger and 66.6 suckfeed support.

dynasties fall, couse trolls rule.

can you dominate the rift with troll tactics, or needs shroomplacement coatchings?
Gold: 22,393.07
Apr 19 2018 08:53am
Quote (EnigmaSeven @ Apr 18 2018 10:33pm)
with pointing out common mistakes and correcting bad habits ya.

doing some research, getting advice and or coaching will help you move up a full tier on average.

in-depth champ coaching matters so little imo unless you are very high elo. basic knowledge is good enough, but if you want to be good versus specific champs, you need to play those specific champs, even if you don't like those champs. don't waste money on learning how to play riven or syndra if you're gold v and you're concerned with climbing.

& this

mechanics aren't as important as people make them out to be. PvE, map pressure, and objectives will get you even further than trying to outplay ap sion as hybrid tank teemo. Just don't overthink it. It's about jumping in a game and destroying the nexus. Anything in between this timeframe is help/hurt for you, it's just about knowing what's a waste of time, mainly. Lower elo players waste a lot of time, especially when you look at their gold per minute averages and death averages. It shows.

Mechanics do matter but it also needs to be said to match your champ pool with your mechanics. Shouldn't be playing champs like vayne/riven/most carry tops if your mechanics are utter dogshit.

It is something worth improving on (basically why im able to boost on weekdays after work even though im dead tired). Building mechanics takes time and it's not something you are going to improve on right away.

In game decision making is very critical in the elo pinata is in. Your teamates on average wont always be good. you can't control what your teammates do every game but you can improve your own gameplay. I often vod review 1-2 of my games with high deaths to see how I could have played differently. whether it's ok trade, avoidable death if played around vision better, or just a risky 50/50 play

Quote (PinataParty @ Apr 18 2018 10:14pm)
thx for tip, def started to play super safe with sej and not going for so many invades.
just going pure mid/late game focused now
watched some videos on more late game comps and after 2days of not playing a game went 2-0 with both s-rank games

i think coaching or vod might be a bit too much for me atm, not even sure about half the champs i go against and who wins

Yeah just get a bit more champ familiarity. A bit of league is knowing ability ranges, cds.

I mean it's fine playing aggressive if you know where enemy is. I was talking about taking more calculated risks

EG
its usually fine to counterjungle (or set deep vision) if your lanes are all pushed up at times. Gives your lanes in that side of map extra security.
Diving a side lane when you know enemy jungler is on other side of map.
Taking free stakes when jungle spends too much time top.

Play more around vision and when you know your team is stronger. Don't force unreasonable fights when you are behind

This post was edited by potentate on Apr 19 2018 09:11am
Go Back To League of Legends Topic List
12Next
Add Reply New Trade New Service New Topic New Poll