d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Diablo II > Diablo 2 Discussion > Player vs. Monster >
Poll > P8 Naked Hammerdin?? > Thoughts?
Prev1234
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
  Guests cannot view or vote in polls. Please register or login.
Gold: 11,483.74
Apr 20 2018 09:09am
Quote (Belarathon @ Apr 19 2018 08:37pm)
Don’t use a merc that’s just lame! No items wt = no items wt. items in your merc = ???

if this was on players 1 and not a full clear, i would tend to agree. maybe you just didn't read through other posts, but i tend on making it a players8 / full clear / single pass. this way there's no grinding for a pimped out merc, but mostly random items. and with no items on myself, it's not like i'll just breeze through nm/hell 2 shotting everything since it'll be p8

surely you would understand how difficult p8 would be naked since you do reruns on lower settings in your walks. even if i were to make it to hell mode where there are immunes.. then what?
Gold: 0.00
Apr 20 2018 11:13am
Quote (tehtwitchy @ Apr 20 2018 10:09am)
if this was on players 1 and not a full clear, i would tend to agree. maybe you just didn't read through other posts, but i tend on making it a players8 / full clear / single pass. this way there's no grinding for a pimped out merc, but mostly random items. and with no items on myself, it's not like i'll just breeze through nm/hell 2 shotting everything since it'll be p8

surely you would understand how difficult p8 would be naked since you do reruns on lower settings in your walks. even if i were to make it to hell mode where there are immunes.. then what?

“Mostly random items” as if Holy Freeze Merc with Insight or any number of easily obtained options won’t drastically alter the challenge..? Don’t understand why list you completely naked as an option and ask for opinions then respond by bashing him for being efficient on reruns when he offers his?
Gold: 10,542.77
Apr 20 2018 11:18am
You have zero chance to survive HC P8 completely naked. It's not even funny to start a WT, which most probably ends before completing Nightmare.
If you want some fun, instead of suffering, apply a bit more balanced rules.

Fully eq merc + naked hammerdin (only shako allowed) could be a funny option.
Apr 20 2018 11:23am
Quote (LucAA @ Apr 20 2018 09:13am)
“Mostly random items” as if Holy Freeze Merc with Insight or any number of easily obtained options won’t drastically alter the challenge..? Don’t understand why list you completely naked as an option and ask for opinions then respond by bashing him for being efficient on reruns when he offers his?

"naked hammerdin" is mentioned in op, not "naked merc"
insight will not be used, and probably not even an a2 merc once a5 can be obtained.

i don't see where i did any bashing? some misinterpreting on your part

Quote (-joey- @ Apr 20 2018 09:18am)
You have zero chance to survive HC P8 completely naked. It's not even funny to start a WT, which most probably ends before completing Nightmare.

this is what i was referring to. with no reruns, so i can't say.. farm LK for a merc fort. merc should be fine without rerunning. lawbringer/treach/blood helm. sure will be next to not possible, but something new to do in the near future :)

This post was edited by tehtwitchy on Apr 20 2018 11:24am
Gold: 0.00
Apr 20 2018 12:35pm
Quote (-joey- @ Apr 20 2018 12:18pm)

I think it can be done completely naked (Sin, Nec, Hdin) if you’re allowed to Save and Exit. It would take an extreme amount of patience on HC, though. You can even use the Merc to naked tank particularly dangerous encounters, it’s not like you won’t always be gold capped in Hell with selling everything. If you can’t leave the game for dice roll encounters that aren’t skippable then you’ll RIP for sure.

Not saying it would be easy or wouldn’t require potentially hundreds of hours invested.
Gold: 2,780.00
Apr 20 2018 12:36pm
Quote (LucAA @ Apr 20 2018 12:35pm)
I think it can be done completely naked (Sin, Nec, Hdin) if you’re allowed to Save and Exit. It would take an extreme amount of patience on HC, though. You can even use the Merc to naked tank particularly dangerous encounters, it’s not like you won’t always be gold capped in Hell with selling everything. If you can’t leave the game for dice roll encounters that aren’t skippable then you’ll RIP for sure.

Not saying it would be easy or wouldn’t require potentially hundreds of hours invested.

Would be legit as hell and damn epic.
Gold: 9,715.81
Apr 20 2018 12:39pm
Quote (LucAA @ Apr 20 2018 08:35pm)

naked merc doesn't tank anything - a3 cold on the other hand is even without gear pretty handy

Quote (Pious @ Apr 20 2018 08:36pm)
Would be legit as hell and damn epic.

afaik has been done on druid, nec, assa, sorc. i guess hdin with some points in salvation is doable as well

Apr 20 2018 01:03pm
Quote (LucAA @ Apr 20 2018 10:35am)

as memoism states, merc won't be tanky at all if naked. will get 2 shot on p8.

also keep in mind inventory will be full 24/7 with pots since not wearing a belt and will be consuming pots constantly. so i can't imagine i'd be anywhere near gold cap with running back to town and buying pots constantly.
Gold: 1,194.00
Apr 20 2018 03:50pm
Go full merc plus Naked Char except shako
Anything Else would be totally pain in the ass and probably no fun for you
Go Back To Player vs. Monster Topic List
Prev1234
Add Reply New Topic New Poll