d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Love Line > Moving To A New City
12Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: Locked
Trader: Scammer
Apr 14 2018 10:41pm
So, I've posted here a few times.. I have been on this site a few times so I'm just comfortable here lol.
If you saw my previous post with Abby, were are done. She is honestly just a shitty person.

So I just accepted a job in Portland, Oregon. I currently live in a much smaller town, Medford, Oregon.

I don't know literally anyone up there. I am not even 20, so I cant really meet girls going out(like to bars or whatever)

What is a good way to make friends and women?

Please good answers... I wont lie, I am a little nervous because it's a good job and I need to perform well. I need to make friends up there and pretty much try to build a new life without knowing anyone...

Thanks in advance! :)

This post was edited by dizzle19 on Apr 14 2018 10:42pm
Gold: 0.09
Apr 15 2018 06:49pm
Ask to hang out with your co-workers imo. It's the closest and easily accessible place for you to make some friends.

As for girls... you'll probably wanna go to school.
Gold: 0.00
Apr 16 2018 02:28am
Agreed with the work thing, go out to restaurants or other places with coworkers. Just environments where women are.

Honestly, try online dating. You live in Portland, so, bigger place, more women. It will make it a little easier.
But keep doing other stuff as well.

You'll do fine.

This is a good opportunity for some great growth, having a better job = being happier = being more attractive to women.
Gold: 28,296.01
Apr 16 2018 07:53am
Identify your passions
turn them into hobbies
join groups, events, communities, etc where you can both enjoy your hobbies and meet new people in a positive environment involving things you most enjoy

try new things
learn new things the same way as the above

these are great ways to meet people, keep yourself from being isolated, and even if it doesn't lead to new friends or romantic interests you are still being productive and having fun and experiencing life

I personally think it isn't about the hunt for friends or a s/o it's about the journey that allows the opportunity for it to happen or not happen

If you put yourself out there with a positive attitude while growing yourself as a person you will not only meet people but people will be attracted to a positive person that is learning and growing and having fun

Most importantly be genuine and kind, these things matter to those around you. Do good and you will feel confident about it but never complacent, it makes life easier
Apr 17 2018 07:52am
Thanks for the good replies!
Apr 17 2018 08:53am
Quote (dizzle19 @ Apr 17 2018 06:52am)
Thanks for the good replies!

you're going to be alright

this is exciting and you should try to embrace your youth and the opportunity to try things and make mistakes and learn stuff and try again

Oregon is a beautiful place with a lot of really nice people. Beautiful country up there for hiking and camping and rafting and it's getting to be that time of year

Take advantage of the scenery and nature nearby and meet some lovely maidens out on the hiking trails or at the lakes/rivers

Try to make it to crater lake when it warms up. So beautiful and plenty of people visit those areas to mingle with and get to know.

Congrats on having a good job so young, that's really great
Apr 17 2018 03:40pm
Quote (Beowulf @ Apr 17 2018 07:53am)
you're going to be alright

this is exciting and you should try to embrace your youth and the opportunity to try things and make mistakes and learn stuff and try again

Oregon is a beautiful place with a lot of really nice people. Beautiful country up there for hiking and camping and rafting and it's getting to be that time of year

Take advantage of the scenery and nature nearby and meet some lovely maidens out on the hiking trails or at the lakes/rivers

Try to make it to crater lake when it warms up. So beautiful and plenty of people visit those areas to mingle with and get to know.

Congrats on having a good job so young, that's really great

Hahaha I love that. Yes I love hiking! You should check out my gallery of Oregon! :)

Thank you! I am currently going to school for business, but I want to be a police officer, this job already pays that starting....
So I guess Ill have to really decide which route I'll take career wise lol
Apr 17 2018 03:43pm
Quote (dizzle19 @ Apr 17 2018 02:40pm)
Hahaha I love that. Yes I love hiking! You should check out my gallery of Oregon! :)

Thank you! I am currently going to school for business, but I want to be a police officer, this job already pays that starting....
So I guess Ill have to really decide which route I'll take career wise lol

nice pics

photography is big in your new area and would also be a great hobby to get into to meet with people

endless scenery

sharing your photos on social media can also get people's interest in your area and maybe you can make some great connections that way
Gold: 0.00
Apr 17 2018 11:51pm
Dogs man. I have lived 20 minutes from Portland most of my life. Once you're established, get a dog.
Apr 18 2018 09:18am
Quote (Anton24 @ Apr 17 2018 10:51pm)
Dogs man. I have lived 20 minutes from Portland most of my life. Once you're established, get a dog.

Thats a great idea
Go Back To Love Line Topic List
12Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll