d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Entertainment Room > Movies & TV Shows > The Watchmen Hbo > Tv Show
Prev123412Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 2.70
Apr 15 2018 09:55pm
not too sure about this....the movie was good, and had good casting choice...

we'll see tho
Gold: 250.00
Warn: 10%
Apr 16 2018 10:30am
Not sure why anyone questions HBO anymore... they've been absolutely fucking killing it man, and even though this is a bit ambitious even for them, if anyone can pull it off, it's HBO. Who knows, maybe this will suck, but HBO is the shit and they make better shows than anyone and it's by a HUGE margin.
Gold: 6,000.00
Apr 16 2018 04:27pm
Quote (WelSh @ Apr 14 2018 02:05am)
The movie is by far my fav DC adaptation to date.

Apprehensive but still excited about this one. Glad it's HBO, written by Lindelof (lost) who says it'll be quite different from the movie.

Don't think the pilot is due to drop until September but wanted a hype topic B)

I want it to work, but I doubt it will even with Hbo standing behind the show.
Gold: 23.00
Apr 16 2018 08:46pm
Quote (jadeoshbogosh @ Apr 16 2018 12:30pm)
Not sure why anyone questions HBO anymore... they've been absolutely fucking killing it man, and even though this is a bit ambitious even for them, if anyone can pull it off, it's HBO. Who knows, maybe this will suck, but HBO is the shit and they make better shows than anyone and it's by a HUGE margin.

It is pretty crazy how high their batting average is in terms of hit shows.

Even their comedies are really good.
Apr 17 2018 08:20am
Quote (fuzzy159 @ Apr 16 2018 06:46pm)

Right? It's stupid... Even their shows that are "just alright' are still like top 100 shows overall. Silicon Valley is one of the best comedies I've ever seen. Westworld after this second season might be the new #1 show all time, and they already had like three other shows that held that spot lol. Everything they do is pretty fucking gold and there's no reason anyone should be doubting their ability to pull this off.
Gold: 39,837.69
Apr 17 2018 08:34am
Quote (fuzzy159 @ Apr 16 2018 09:46pm)

Quote (jadeoshbogosh @ Apr 17 2018 09:20am)
Right? It's stupid... Even their shows that are "just alright' are still like top 100 shows overall. Silicon Valley is one of the best comedies I've ever seen. Westworld after this second season might be the new #1 show all time, and they already had like three other shows that held that spot lol. Everything they do is pretty fucking gold and there's no reason anyone should be doubting their ability to pull this off.

It doesn’t really surprise me honestly. They revelutionized television, they changed the game forever and everyone else has been trying to catch up since. From day one they have been the goat
Apr 17 2018 09:26am
Quote (EmericAn @ Apr 17 2018 06:34am)
It doesn’t really surprise me honestly. They revelutionized television, they changed the game forever and everyone else has been trying to catch up since. From day one they have been the goat

What makes NO sense to me, is how no one has even gotten fucking close though. They're on an entirely different level, and it's honestly just embarrassing for the other players. There have been a handful of okayish shows on other premium channels (American Gods is giving me hope, that might finally be the first one that matches with HBO), but most of them have fell off hard after a season or two. Sneaky Pete seemed to have A LOT of potential and the first season and almost the entire second season was pretty fucking great, but then the ending to the second season ruined the entire season, and I honestly don't even know if I'll watch a third season if/when it gets renewed. It should since it did just as good critically and viewer wise as the first one did. Ash v Evil Dead is okay for a gimmick kind of show. I know people put a lot of stock into Netflix, but they're just barely above network tv imo. They had a couple of shows that seemed great, but just like network shows, they REFUSE to fucking end them, and it just ends up completely ruining it. House of Cards should have ended at season 4, instead they gave us 3 horribly mediocre/boring seasons, and now they're trying to continue without the main fucking character... come on? All the Marvel stuff is meh at best (DD S1/Punisher) and horrible at worst (Luke Cage). They did the same thing with Narcos, and I've been really enjoying Stranger Things, but I wouldn't be at all surprised if they do the same fucking thing and end up ruining it by trying to squeeze it for longer than they should. Network television has had a few hits, but even the best of the best still falls short of even the lower tier HBO shows.

HBO is the fucking GOAT and they probably always will be. We're losing GoT next year, but GoT is honestly the show I'm least excited for out of their upcoming lineup lol. Westworld is just fucking :drool: , a Watchmen show by HBO is going to be fucking stupidly good, I don't care what the doubters out there think, Silicon Valley is one of the best comedies ever made, Last Week Tonight with John Oliver is like the daily show in it's prime, but even fucking better (higher budget +more free range to say wtf they want) and since Dark Tower bombed so hard in theaters, they're just abandoning that plot entirely and going back to the books and making a TV show that goes through the whole dark tower series, and for those who haven't read those books, they're FUCKING AMAZING! My son is named after the main character lol. Dark Tower, Watchmen, Westworld, Silicon Valley, John Oliver and those are just what's CURRENTLY airing, this doesn't even take into consideration all the fucking epic previous or upcoming shows they have in store. I love you soooooo much HBO.

This post was edited by jadeoshbogosh on Apr 17 2018 09:30am
Banned
Gold: 3.69
Apr 17 2018 09:51am
Quote (fuzzy159 @ Apr 16 2018 10:46pm)

Quote (EmericAn @ Apr 17 2018 10:34am)

Quote (jadeoshbogosh @ Apr 17 2018 11:26am)
What makes NO sense to me, is how no one has even gotten fucking close though. They're on an entirely different level, and it's honestly just embarrassing for the other players. There have been a handful of okayish shows on other premium channels (American Gods is giving me hope, that might finally be the first one that matches with HBO), but most of them have fell off hard after a season or two. Sneaky Pete seemed to have A LOT of potential and the first season and almost the entire second season was pretty fucking great, but then the ending to the second season ruined the entire season, and I honestly don't even know if I'll watch a third season if/when it gets renewed. It should since it did just as good critically and viewer wise as the first one did. Ash v Evil Dead is okay for a gimmick kind of show. I know people put a lot of stock into Netflix, but they're just barely above network tv imo. They had a couple of shows that seemed great, but just like network shows, they REFUSE to fucking end them, and it just ends up completely ruining it. House of Cards should have ended at season 4, instead they gave us 3 horribly mediocre/boring seasons, and now they're trying to continue without the main fucking character... come on? All the Marvel stuff is meh at best (DD S1/Punisher) and horrible at worst (Luke Cage). They did the same thing with Narcos, and I've been really enjoying Stranger Things, but I wouldn't be at all surprised if they do the same fucking thing and end up ruining it by trying to squeeze it for longer than they should. Network television has had a few hits, but even the best of the best still falls short of even the lower tier HBO shows.

HBO is the fucking GOAT and they probably always will be. We're losing GoT next year, but GoT is honestly the show I'm least excited for out of their upcoming lineup lol. Westworld is just fucking :drool: , a Watchmen show by HBO is going to be fucking stupidly good, I don't care what the doubters out there think, Silicon Valley is one of the best comedies ever made, Last Week Tonight with John Oliver is like the daily show in it's prime, but even fucking better (higher budget +more free range to say wtf they want) and since Dark Tower bombed so hard in theaters, they're just abandoning that plot entirely and going back to the books and making a TV show that goes through the whole dark tower series, and for those who haven't read those books, they're FUCKING AMAZING! My son is named after the main character lol. Dark Tower, Watchmen, Westworld, Silicon Valley, John Oliver and those are just what's CURRENTLY airing, this doesn't even take into consideration all the fucking epic previous or upcoming shows they have in store. I love you soooooo much HBO.

Jc, look at this bunch..
Gold: 39,837.69
Apr 17 2018 12:03pm
Quote (jadeoshbogosh @ Apr 17 2018 10:26am)

When I see a show, that’s subpar or just missed the mark. I think ‘to bad this wasn’t on hbo. It would be amazing’

Lol
Apr 17 2018 12:17pm
Quote (EmericAn @ Apr 17 2018 10:03am)
When I see a show, that’s subpar or just missed the mark. I think ‘to bad this wasn’t on hbo. It would be amazing’

Lol

I do the same fucking thing lol. That's awesome.

e: Preacher was the last one where I thought the whole time of how fucking dope it could have been on HBO.

This post was edited by jadeoshbogosh on Apr 17 2018 12:18pm
Go Back To Movies & TV Shows Topic List
Prev123412Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll