d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Computers & IT > Computer Building > New Gaming Build > Hlpz
Prev123414Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 1.90
Apr 19 2018 03:09pm
Okay. So after a lot of research and deliberation, I went with the MSI GS65.

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/controller/home?O=email&A=details&Q=&sku=1398475&is=REG
Gold: 10,655.00
Apr 19 2018 03:14pm
Quote (Captivate @ Apr 19 2018 05:09pm)

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/controller/home?O=email&A=details&Q=&sku=1398475&is=REG

Nice. ^^
Gold: 84.10
Apr 19 2018 03:15pm
no need to have 2 highend monitors imho

I'd go 1440p 144hz on one and other ips 60hz

with extra money go for higher capacity m2 ssd no need to fucking run cables

Quote (Captivate @ Apr 19 2018 04:09pm)

eh laptops noty but good for you if you need portability

This post was edited by yupitsmeh on Apr 19 2018 03:17pm
Apr 19 2018 06:17pm
Quote (Ghot @ 19 Apr 2018 14:14)
Nice. ^^

I’m hoping it works out. I imagine it will based on the specs and reviews.

Quote (yupitsmeh @ 19 Apr 2018 14:15)
no need to have 2 highend monitors imho

I'd go 1440p 144hz on one and other ips 60hz

with extra money go for higher capacity m2 ssd no need to fucking run cables

eh laptops noty but good for you if you need portability

Yeah, the wife wanted a laptop so she can work and do school stuff. I wanted a gaming machine, so I met her halfway.
Gold: 84.10
Apr 19 2018 06:54pm
Quote (Captivate @ Apr 19 2018 07:17pm)
I’m hoping it works out. I imagine it will based on the specs and reviews.

Yeah, the wife wanted a laptop so she can work and do school stuff. I wanted a gaming machine, so I met her halfway.

At that price you could have both
Apr 21 2018 02:01pm
Quote (yupitsmeh @ 19 Apr 2018 17:54)
At that price you could have both

You’re right. I cancelled the laptop order after thinking about it overnight. I honestly don’t know what I was thinking because we already have a Microsoft Surface for menial homework tasks.

Taking a look at my finances and budget. I have alloyed $4800 towards a full desktop build. This is including the tower and monitors. Doing some homework now on maximizing my investment on the right parts.
Gold: 0.00
Apr 21 2018 02:25pm
Quote (Captivate @ Apr 21 2018 03:01pm)
You’re right. I cancelled the laptop order after thinking about it overnight. I honestly don’t know what I was thinking because we already have a Microsoft Surface for menial homework tasks.

Taking a look at my finances and budget. I have alloyed $4800 towards a full desktop build. This is including the tower and monitors. Doing some homework now on maximizing my investment on the right parts.

That's a LOT of money to spend honestly. With that kind of budget, you would really want to be specific on what you will use it for to get the most for your money.
Fill out this sticky and we can post some builds and insights for you.

Code
Budget:
Maximum you will spend? -
Will you complete mail in rebates? -
If so, may we go over-budget if rebates bring you within budget? -
Do you need Windows Operation System within budget? -
Need a Monitor? / Mouse? / Keyboard within budget? -

Basic Info:
Specific Uses (Programs, game titles etc.) -
Country? -
Will you travel to NCIX (canada) or Microcenter (USA) for parts? (Null if unsure) -

How much hard drive space do you want or need? -
Will you use wireless or wired internet? -
Will you overclock CPU and/or GPU? -
Any special requests or useful things to tell us? (Specific case, need lots of storage, audio etc.) -

Style (optional)
Do you prefer any specific colors for the build/computer case? -
Do you prefer a window on your case? -
*(Please note how picky you will be with colors. Sometimes it's just not feasible to get some colors on certain parts)*
Apr 21 2018 04:14pm
Quote (zell1luk @ 21 Apr 2018 13:25)
That's a LOT of money to spend honestly. With that kind of budget, you would really want to be specific on what you will use it for to get the most for your money.
Fill out this sticky and we can post some builds and insights for you.

Code
Budget:
Maximum you will spend? - $4800
Will you complete mail in rebates? - Yes
If so, may we go over-budget if rebates bring you within budget? - Yes
Do you need Windows Operation System within budget? - Yes
Need a Monitor? / Mouse? / Keyboard within budget? - Monitor (preferably 2 monitors. That match or look good together.

Basic Info:
Specific Uses (Programs, game titles etc.) - photoshop, ff 14, wow, Witcher 3, dark souls 3, guild wars 2, experimenting with all the new pc games coming out.
Country? - US
Will you travel to NCIX (canada) or Microcenter (USA) for parts? (Null if unsure) - null

How much hard drive space do you want or need? - open
Will you use wireless or wired internet? - wired
Will you overclock CPU and/or GPU? - possibly
Any special requests or useful things to tell us? (Specific case, need lots of storage, audio etc.) - don’t need a ton of lights on the case

Style (optional)
Do you prefer any specific colors for the build/computer case? - no specific colors
Do you prefer a window on your case? - eh
*(Please note how picky you will be with colors. Sometimes it's just not feasible to get some colors on certain parts)*

I know it’s a lot of money, I just want to make it last as long as I can. I also want it to be able to handle any game I decide to play plus any programs I’ll need for my web design/programming degree.
Gold: 0.00
Apr 21 2018 05:51pm
Quote (Captivate @ Apr 21 2018 05:14pm)
I know it’s a lot of money, I just want to make it last as long as I can. I also want it to be able to handle any game I decide to play plus any programs I’ll need for my web design/programming degree.

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/6QDDxG
I only linked a single monitor, but it's an ultrawide which means you have about 30% more screen real estate to work with, which can help is very nice to have for multitasking. It also contains all the good gaming features; IPS for prettier colors, high refresh rate, and gsync for smoother framerates.

Take the rest of your money and invest it, you will get more return by having more to spend in the future, as this build will probably last you a decade.

This post was edited by zell1luk on Apr 21 2018 05:52pm
Apr 22 2018 09:59am
Quote (zell1luk @ 21 Apr 2018 16:51)
https://pcpartpicker.com/list/6QDDxG
I only linked a single monitor, but it's an ultrawide which means you have about 30% more screen real estate to work with, which can help is very nice to have for multitasking. It also contains all the good gaming features; IPS for prettier colors, high refresh rate, and gsync for smoother framerates.

Take the rest of your money and invest it, you will get more return by having more to spend in the future, as this build will probably last you a decade.

Thanks for your build. Looks great.

I was tinkering around and this is probably huge overkill but I wanted to get some opinions, if I could.
https://pcpartpicker.com/list/HRsRkd
Go Back To Computer Building Topic List
Prev123414Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll