d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > d2jsp > Ladder Slasher >
Poll > Suggestion: Next Update! > Change To Td's
1235Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
  Guests cannot view or vote in polls. Please register or login.
Gold: 74,290.21
Apr 10 2018 10:22pm
It actually should be super simple to implement.

Since the change to how levels affect Magic Finding, Trap doors have been broken. because it adds levels to the monsters, as soon as you go down levels trap doors severely reduce the drops found. as much as i would love this changed back to how it was before the change, I agree that it was significantly unbalanced. there was monster good drops dropping everywhere. So TDS are currently broken.

BUT THERES MORE. THEY DONT HAVE TO BE :bouncy: , :banana:

instead of adding levels, you can add a % of Monster stats! Say you find a trapdoor.

POOF. 10% monster stats added. Gives a little better drops, a little harder, a little slow, but everyone is happy! You could decrease the spawning of Trap doors a touch if you think it would be overpowered. then you wouldnt have people going 3-4-5 down.

Or , perhaps you could set a maximum say 30%, doesnt matter how many trap doors you go down, 30 is the maximum

OR. you could set that the Monster stats decays as you increase level. so say you drop down 1 trap door its 10%. 5 levels higher it has decayed by 2% a level and it is back to normal. I think it would be hard to stack a ton of Trapdoors on top of each other.

This would be another HUGE positive change for the community.

What about it? what does everything think.

:hug: , :banana: , :hug:
Gold: 80,814.96
Apr 10 2018 10:29pm
I would be up for seeing trap doors have some positive yield instead of only negatives...

But like Rick says “nothing good comes from a trap” (or something like that)...

Didn’t Paul come out and verify that TDs were working as intended a good while back?
Gold: 7,863.56
Apr 11 2018 02:50am
My name is Grumpy-Cat.

Apr 11 2018 02:53am
Quote (hasteful @ Apr 10 2018 10:29pm)
I would be up for seeing trap doors have some positive yield instead of only negatives...

But like Rick says “nothing good comes from a trap” (or something like that)...

Didn’t Paul come out and verify that TDs were working as intended a good while back?

they might be working correctly. as far as yes they make the monsters 3 levels higher each TD,

but with the issues with Drops and the level of monster Vs level of Attacker.... this is an easier change I think. I would be happy as a clam for him to fix the drops issues instead, then yea trap doors COULD work as intended. But at the moment this would be a huge positive change for the community.

This post was edited by a_hotter_otter on Apr 11 2018 02:54am
Gold: 15,283.74
Apr 11 2018 02:56am
Quote (a_hotter_otter @ Apr 11 2018 12:22am)
It actually should be super simple to implement.

Since the change to how levels affect Magic Finding, Trap doors have been broken. because it adds levels to the monsters, as soon as you go down levels trap doors severely reduce the drops found. as much as i would love this changed back to how it was before the change, I agree that it was significantly unbalanced. there was monster good drops dropping everywhere. So TDS are currently broken.

BUT THERES MORE. THEY DONT HAVE TO BE :bouncy: , :banana:

instead of adding levels, you can add a % of Monster stats! Say you find a trapdoor.

POOF. 10% monster stats added. Gives a little better drops, a little harder, a little slow, but everyone is happy! You could decrease the spawning of Trap doors a touch if you think it would be overpowered. then you wouldnt have people going 3-4-5 down.

Or , perhaps you could set a maximum say 30%, doesnt matter how many trap doors you go down, 30 is the maximum

OR. you could set that the Monster stats decays as you increase level. so say you drop down 1 trap door its 10%. 5 levels higher it has decayed by 2% a level and it is back to normal. I think it would be hard to stack a ton of Trapdoors on top of each other.

This would be another HUGE positive change for the community.

What about it? what does everything think.

:hug: , :banana: , :hug:

:hug: :hug: :hug:
This exactly the kind of change I hope to see implemented. Love you for voicing this :thumbsup:

Quote (a_hotter_otter @ Apr 11 2018 04:53am)
they might be working correctly. as far as yes they make the monsters 3 levels higher each TD,

but with the issues with Drops and the level of monster Vs level of Attacker.... this is an easier change I think. I would be happy as a clam for him to fix the drops issues instead, then yea trap doors COULD work as intended. But at the moment this would be a huge positive change for the community.

It's 1-5, so 3 is an average, but you can tell that there are some big trapdoors and some small ones if you drive with higher level(s) in the game--just watch their exp. Also, yes after trapdoors were nerfed, Paul did come out and say that nothing good ever came from a trap. I don't believe he wanted them to be something positive, but if that is the case, why does he give you the option to descend :P For the record, I pretty much always hit Z when I see a trapdoor... and I wish there was a way to hit Z when on mobile ...

:wallbash: <-- me trying to go down a trapdoor on my phone

Quote (Lpot @ Apr 11 2018 04:59am)
Sure for either of the 3

I actually wouldn’t mind if they had their own event sort of thing at the very least ^^

This would also work for me :thumbsup:

This post was edited by BWConformity on Apr 11 2018 03:00am
Gold: 896.20
Apr 11 2018 02:59am
Sure for either of the 3

I actually wouldn’t mind if they had their own event sort of thing at the very least ^^
Gold: 770.56
Trader: Trusted
Apr 11 2018 03:29am
Quote (Paparick @ Apr 11 2018 09:50am)

stick to dogs rick, cat's aren't your business :lol:

o/t: I'd like to see a change regarding tds too. A balanced item quality/monster difficulty increase doesn't sound bad either.

This post was edited by HIGHFIELD on Apr 11 2018 03:29am
Admin
Gold: 30,257.79
Apr 11 2018 08:33am
What about adding increased stats on top of the +level? This would make them stronger in multiple ways, but also help increase potential rewards (proficiency, drops, etc) for the risk taken.
Gold: 18,145.28
Apr 11 2018 08:34am
Quote (njaguar @ 11 Apr 2018 15:33)
What about adding increased stats on top of the +level? This would make them stronger in multiple ways, but also help increase potential rewards (proficiency, drops, etc) for the risk taken.

Deal!
Apr 11 2018 08:45am
Quote (njaguar @ Apr 11 2018 08:33am)

thank you for a reply sir.

the problem is the +level part itself. somewhere in the code, when you made the change from groups from +3 max, to +99 max, Level of monster VS level of attacking character was used as a modifier for Drop quality. if you were higher, lower drops, if you were lower, better drops!

When you made the +99 change, people realized that, and started exploiting it quickly and drastically, by say having a lvl 71 whistle lvl 65 mobs for level 45s, giving GREAT drops consistently. WHich you quickly Stopped that.

But. DURING your stopping of that. Somehow, somewhere, in the code, Now being a LOWER level then a monster actually ALSO gives WORSE drops then if you are the same level, not just if you are a higher level then the monster. I can promise you this is 100% true. I can show you result after result that when you level on an EP, the monsters you kill AFTER the level, (EP'S being lower) drops are absolutely garbage. as well, if you have a game with a Rogue driver, and the others are all higher characters, aka by the time you hit 55 the rogue is about 2 levels higher, the drops are also absolutely TERRIBLE. the only possible way to get drops is by everyone being the exact same level. This has been tested time and time again.

So, being a TD, give you +3 levels, Means that the monsters get harder, but the drops also get much much worse. So there is no point.

I implore you to check into this.

I would seriously be SO happy if this was fixed. I agree that trap doors should be higher difficulty, higher potential, but as it stands it is not that way.

Thank you :hug:
Go Back To Ladder Slasher Topic List
1235Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll