d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Car Audio > Semi-new To Car Audio > Simple Amp/sub Hookup Questions
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 0.00
Apr 5 2018 04:22pm
I have a 15 GTI Autobahn (trim level) that has the spare tire sub option installed.

I would like to install myself (because I value knowing how to do it myself) my ported sub and amp. Amp is a JX500/1D

Is this a good tutorial?

thanks!

Gold: 9,970.00
May 6 2018 03:09pm
not a bad tutorial. 2 things. Make sure you secure the negative terminal after you disconnect it from the battery. If the negative touches any bare metal, it will complete the circuit and cause electrical damage to sensitive components in your car. Second, I highly recommend picking up an aftermarket stereo. Factory stereos with subwoofers don't allow for precise control over the subwoofer and the preamp out voltage usually isn't high enough to produce decent sound quality.
Gold: 0.00
May 13 2018 08:54pm
Rule 1: don't buy any of your shit from wal-mart.
Rule 2: Make sure your Negative ground wire from the AMP to the car is touching raw metal, and not Painted Metal. Use like a Steel-Wire Tooth brush to rub some of the paint off.. depending on where you go to connect your negative wire to the car.

I always Recommend after market radio, Make sure its got a good Aux/usb port, and make sure the bluetooth supports android/iphone sounds for music, and not just phone calls ha ha.
Used to be the biggest complaint.... people returning radios to wal-mart and be like the bluetooth music isn't working, or when bluetooth music is on, it don't work with subs ect.

USB/aux always provides the best Quality over wireless .

if you are someone who has unlimited cellphone/mobile hotspot ect.
I recommend a touch screen radio, because phone to radio via aux/usb cable can also lose Quality sometimes.
Just these small little things will make the difference.
Go Back To Car Audio Topic List
Add Reply New Topic New Poll