d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > Men Not Hiring Women, #metoo
Prev14567815Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 10,655.00
Apr 2 2018 05:41pm

Women WERE getting everything they wanted, since they got the vote.
However trying to rush it along, or forcefeed it to others, will only make them push back harder. Which, will be a detriment to the women's movement.
Gold: 285.00
Apr 2 2018 05:47pm
Quote (Ghot @ Apr 2 2018 06:41pm)
Women WERE getting everything they wanted, since they got the vote.
However trying to rush it along, or forcefeed it to others, will only make them push back harder. Which, will be a detriment to the women's movement.

Make who push back harder?
Gold: 10,655.00
Apr 2 2018 05:49pm
Quote (Skinned @ Apr 2 2018 07:47pm)
Make who push back harder?

People who might disagree with them? The patriarchy, etc.

/e Making noise is OK, making too much noise is detrimental.

This post was edited by Ghot on Apr 2 2018 05:50pm
Gold: 57.00
Apr 2 2018 05:49pm
Quote (Skinned @ 2 Apr 2018 19:33)
Haha haha

Great example of feminism being for white women. The Intersectionalists are right.

Thanks for showing me this.

They can be house pets. They can do what the fuck they want.

more racial-based nonsense with a touch of misogyny from skinned the commie scumstain. no wonder our nation told his disgusting, out-of-touch, chaotic rhetoric to stuff it in November 2016 B)
Gold: 200.83
Apr 2 2018 05:52pm
Quote (inkanddagger @ Apr 2 2018 03:09pm)
Female participation in the workforce is what we are discussing, and it's up due to diversity quotas. You have no scientific data to back up your assertions, I do.

is it making women on a whole happier or feel like they are living more meaningful lives?
Gold: 1.66
Apr 2 2018 06:50pm
Quote (majorblood @ Apr 2 2018 03:52pm)
is it making women on a whole happier or feel like they are living more meaningful lives?

Yes, and no, I can only imagine.

Striving for and then achieving equality within a system feels good up until one realizes that the system itself is flawed. Then, you realize that the path that's best forward is to dismantle the system itself, not seek to be equal within it. This plays out in social justice circles all the time, like how 2nd wave feminists often are largely at odds with 3rd wave feminists, who then are at odds with queer feminism. Some find equality within the system to be sufficient, but many do not.

This post was edited by Handcuffs on Apr 2 2018 06:51pm
Apr 2 2018 07:13pm
Quote (Handcuffs @ Apr 2 2018 04:50pm)
Yes, and no, I can only imagine.

Striving for and then achieving equality within a system feels good up until one realizes that the system itself is flawed. Then, you realize that the path that's best forward is to dismantle the system itself, not seek to be equal within it. This plays out in social justice circles all the time, like how 2nd wave feminists often are largely at odds with 3rd wave feminists, who then are at odds with queer feminism. Some find equality within the system to be sufficient, but many do not.

at what point does the realization that women and men fundamentally differ and the strive for equal outcomes rather than equal opportunity is not only impossible but immoral come in?

This post was edited by majorblood on Apr 2 2018 07:15pm
Gold: Locked
Trader: Scammer
Warn: 30%
Apr 2 2018 07:17pm
Quote (excellence @ Apr 2 2018 05:49pm)
more racial-based nonsense with a touch of misogyny from skinned the commie scumstain. no wonder our nation told his disgusting, out-of-touch, chaotic rhetoric to stuff it in November 2016 B)

nuke
Gold: 1.66
Apr 2 2018 07:19pm
Quote (majorblood @ Apr 2 2018 05:13pm)
at what point does the realization that women and men fundamentally differ from men and the strive for equal outcomes rather than equal opportunity is not only impossible but immoral?

I don't think anyone, both feminists and anti-feminists, truly know what is and is not impossible. We merely have our convictions, and we act upon them to varying levels and degrees. We often strive for that which we, at worst, think will never happen ever, and at best, think won't happen in our lifetime (but hope that we do see it actualized). And, that which is immoral, is (to me) subjective. I don't have a good objective answer to that.

Additionally, I don't think that even the most radical of feminists deny the idea that there are fundamental differences between men and women, and certainly much of feminist talking points reflect this understanding (i.e. male privilege). It isn't necessarily the claim that men and women are different that people are opposed to, but rather the ways in which people contend that men and women are different, to what extent, and to what result or expectation in society that is at the center of feminism (partly).
Apr 2 2018 07:23pm
Quote (Handcuffs @ Apr 2 2018 05:19pm)
I don't think anyone, both feminists and anti-feminists, truly know what is and is not impossible. We merely have our convictions, and we act upon them to varying levels and degrees. We often strive for that which we, at worst, think will never happen ever, and at best, think won't happen in our lifetime (but hope that we do see it actualized). And, that which is immoral, is (to me) subjective. I don't have a good objective answer to that.

Additionally, I don't think that even the most radical of feminists deny the idea that there are fundamental differences between men and women, and certainly much of feminist talking points reflect this understanding (i.e. male privilege). It isn't necessarily the claim that men and women are different that people are opposed to, but rather the ways in which people contend that men and women are different, to what extent, and to what result or expectation in society that is at the center of feminism (partly).

in context to hiring quotas in say STEM fields, naturally at the extremes where the greatest interest, focus, and intelligence is required men and women will naturally not have a 50-50 job layout working at amazon as a software engineer for an example. Men tend to be more interested in things while women are more interested in people, and this is very pronounced when we look at the extremes. Is this contested in feminism? It would then be immoral to enforce opportunity of outcome by having hiring practices that favor under-qualified women over more qualified men in order to achieve some 50-50 men/women ratio
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev14567815Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll