d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > Spanking Or Hitting A Child Is Assault
Prev1234511Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 3.33
Apr 1 2018 11:10am
Handcuffs is just jelly he didn't get spanked as a kid
Gold: 7.77
Apr 1 2018 11:12am
Quote (dro94 @ Apr 1 2018 09:10am)
Handcuffs is just jelly he didn't get spanked as a kid

Don't worry, my Daddy is making up for lost time. ;)
Gold: 1,307.69
Apr 1 2018 11:13am
Quote (BMNation @ Apr 1 2018 12:58pm)
A spanking creates a negative connection to the experience of messing with the electrical outlet, because the last time Billy tried to play with it he got a good swat for it.

The problem is that there is a risk that the child won’t actually make the connection and creates a negative connection with interacting with you. I understand the necessity of separating the child from the immediate danger, but the spanking seems unwarranted.
Gold: 0.00
Apr 1 2018 11:14am
Quote (ChrisKz @ 1 Apr 2018 16:48)
You guys are wusses. Have you never done sports or anything? A little smack on the ass that stings a bit doesn't leave a mental scar unless you are literally trying to scar your child by acting like a raging maniac.

Lol.

'you guys are wusses, real men beat up children'. - Chris "real man" Kz
Gold: 8,933.00
Apr 1 2018 11:15am
Quote (AspenSniper @ Apr 1 2018 11:20am)
I don’t understand how this is even debated. Once your child turns 18 and is old enough to fight back, it’s assault. In Canada you can’t hit children younger than 2 or older than 12. Other than that, it’s assault.

Regardless of the argument that spanking or hitting teaches your child, it’s overwhelmingly proven that it often goes too far physically, and causes major long term emotional and mental damage to the child in many cases. There are always many people who believe that if they weren’t hit as a child, they’d have grown up as a brat or entitled, etc. I simply don’t understand why you can’t sprak to your child, teach them, ground them, find more accurate means of punishment that suit the need to teach and raise a child.

Discuss why people think it’s okay to hit an entirely innocent child while it is illegal to hit them once they’re old enough to hit you back and cause damage.

So don't go too far.

If they were "entirely innocent," I don't think we'd be having this discussion.
Gold: 134.45
Apr 1 2018 11:15am
Every parent is different.

Every child is different.

Every situation is different.

So why argue that one solution is wrong or right when there are many.

That being said I think it is the parents duty to understand that as best as possible.

Or whomever takes that role for the child.

*when I say child use that term loosely to fit your scenario, since 18 is not a child in my eyes

This post was edited by MacSaucePlus on Apr 1 2018 11:21am
Gold: 945.00
Apr 1 2018 11:16am
Quote (Chainsaw47 @ Apr 1 2018 06:13pm)
The problem is that there is a risk that the child won’t actually make the connection and creates a negative connection with interacting with you. I understand the necessity of separating the child from the immediate danger, but the spanking seems unwarranted.

Or find ways to make it impossible to harm itself. I've put a nail in an electric wall outlet (dunno translation) when I was 4, didn't need a spanking to never do that again.
/e: child safe outlets everywhere would have prevented it ofc

This post was edited by Knoppie on Apr 1 2018 11:21am
Gold: 3.33
Apr 1 2018 11:27am
It's difficult to draw the line. When does a spank become a beating? If it leaves bruises? Does it depend on which part of the body the child is hit on; is slapping a kid's hand the same as slapping their face? I believe parents should be able to physically discipline their children and the state to intervene when there are signs of abuse like bruises or black eyes that raises suspicions.

If people did their duty and reported actual cases of abuse then this wouldn't be a problem. It's only a problem because kids having the shit beaten out of them aren't being safeguarded which is then used to demonise parents that spank or slap their kids.
'

This post was edited by dro94 on Apr 1 2018 11:28am
Gold: 2.70
Apr 1 2018 11:30am
ha....

have you seen the youth today..

they deserve a beating
Gold: 945.00
Apr 1 2018 11:33am
Quote (dro94 @ Apr 1 2018 06:27pm)
It's difficult to draw the line. When does a spank become a beating? If it leaves bruises? Does it depend on which part of the body the child is hit on; is slapping a kid's hand the same as slapping their face? I believe parents should be able to physically discipline their children and the state to intervene when there are signs of abuse like bruises or black eyes that raises suspicions.

If people did their duty and reported actual cases of abuse then this wouldn't be a problem. It's only a problem because kids having the shit beaten out of them aren't being safeguarded which is then weaponised to demonise parents that spank or slap their kids.
'

Sure, it's the kids their fault for not reporting their parents to the police.

We can educate kids without spanking, but yes, do report if you notice physical abuse. Most of it is done behind close doors and in general not seen by society.
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev1234511Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll