d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Other Games > FPS & Battle Royale > Counter-Strike > Cya Trading
Prev12
Add Reply New Trade New Service New Price Check New Topic New Poll
Gold: 115.00
Mar 30 2018 01:52pm
Quote (Seouless @ Mar 30 2018 03:38pm)
I see how that changes things for opskins and gambling sites but in the end how does it stop a user from getting the skins they want? Sure it ruins the market for buying/selling keys a bit but that's not what cs was intended for so if you did manage to profit off being a middle man on a video game then I'd say you shoulda enjoyed it while it last and is entirely your fault for not preparing for the absolute worse case scenario, I really do hope this all works out for the big key traders like fnl dog Marcus etc but I've seen this already happen on MTGO and seen many people and friends lose hard earned $$ because they thought it was a smart investment, moral of the story, don't expect them to reverse any of these changes, expect it to get worse and prepare for it for if/when it does. I hope you can find a way to cash out Marcus I'm sorry for your loss but you're not quite at a loss yet I got faith you'll come out on top B)

It sucks for anyone trading items regularly for profit, but it also sucks for anyone who trades skins often just to play with different ones. I've done the latter a few times.
Gold: 15,524.66
Mar 30 2018 01:54pm
Quote (Werewulf @ Mar 30 2018 11:52am)
It sucks for anyone trading items regularly for profit, but it also sucks for anyone who trades skins often just to play with different ones. I've done the latter a few times.

yup this screws the service I provide for JSPers.
in buying them random play skins or gambling skins
I didn't even think about it and a JSPer just asked me to buy him 5-6 play skins so I did I went to send them to him right now and noticed the trade hold.
Son of a... trade-able APR 7th
Gold: 334,413.14
Mar 30 2018 02:20pm
Quote (Seouless @ 30 Mar 2018 21:38)
I see how that changes things for opskins and gambling sites but in the end how does it stop a user from getting the skins they want? Sure it ruins the market for buying/selling keys a bit but that's not what cs was intended for so if you did manage to profit off being a middle man on a video game then I'd say you shoulda enjoyed it while it last and is entirely your fault for not preparing for the absolute worse case scenario, I really do hope this all works out for the big key traders like fnl dog Marcus etc but I've seen this already happen on MTGO and seen many people and friends lose hard earned $$ because they thought it was a smart investment, moral of the story, don't expect them to reverse any of these changes, expect it to get worse and prepare for it for if/when it does. I hope you can find a way to cash out Marcus I'm sorry for your loss but you're not quite at a loss yet I got faith you'll come out on top B)

That's why I invested $0 of my real money, Made $10,000's from swapping in-game items around places.

I'm just upset that some people, friends that I know personally who invest and have this as a full-time job. wtf are they gonna do? Completely disrespectful of Valve to not give any notice and fuck it up for everyone.
Gold: Locked
Mar 30 2018 03:02pm
Quote (Marcusd0 @ Mar 30 2018 12:20pm)
That's why I invested $0 of my real money, Made $10,000's from swapping in-game items around places.

I'm just upset that some people, friends that I know personally who invest and have this as a full-time job. wtf are they gonna do? Completely disrespectful of Valve to not give any notice and fuck it up for everyone.

And that's where they went wrong:/ if you can play cs and make $ (like you did) then i'm rooting for you 1000% i don't knock any hustle (and i mean starting at 0$ and making it to 1000$, not adding 1000$ to your acct and flipping it to 1500$, that's not hard by any means and these are the people screwed by the update), but if you invested your own hard earned $$ that you can't afford to lose into FUCKING STEAM, then i have no sympathy for you, i don't even keep more than 5% in my bank account in case Putin lets off a cyber nuke, so if all the banks collapse, you won't hear me complaining about being broke, i don't care what situation i'm in i will always prepare for the worse, i just hope the people that take an L from this update are able to bounce back and learn from their mistakes, such as, if can't profit without investing your own hard earned $, it's probably not a smart investment for you:/
Gold: 334,413.14
Mar 30 2018 03:35pm
Quote (Seouless @ 30 Mar 2018 23:02)
And that's where they went wrong:/ if you can play cs and make $ (like you did) then i'm rooting for you 1000% i don't knock any hustle (and i mean starting at 0$ and making it to 1000$, not adding 1000$ to your acct and flipping it to 1500$, that's not hard by any means and these are the people screwed by the update), but if you invested your own hard earned $$ that you can't afford to lose into FUCKING STEAM, then i have no sympathy for you, i don't even keep more than 5% in my bank account in case Putin lets off a cyber nuke, so if all the banks collapse, you won't hear me complaining about being broke, i don't care what situation i'm in i will always prepare for the worse, i just hope the people that take an L from this update are able to bounce back and learn from their mistakes, such as, if can't profit without investing your own hard earned $, it's probably not a smart investment for you:/

Well techinically I don't provide much for Steam. Trading my item for something slightly more valueable and just profit of the system not giving back-- Sure I bought 1000's of titles on Steam and provide some services, but the people that invest real money in to Steam should be able to profit from it since they are giving Steam more money. The skins and items hold a high value because people are willing to buy them, traders keep the prices up even higher. Just look what happend when gambling got fucked, prices dropped like crazy. Look how dota2 items have a low value since they fucked up prices due to removing the keys in dota & making drops not tradable.

So people who invest real money and trade actively give the items a higher value, compared to games like Overwatch, microtransactions that you can't trade and don't really have any value other than "coins" that you can buy for money.

It's just scary when I know people on Youtube, Twitch & trading platforms that rely on it because it's their main/only job and then the big companies can shit on them anytime.

Didn't lose anything, made a good amount of money, have tons of games & experience-- Just wish I could ride the train a few more years.

This post was edited by Marcusd0 on Mar 30 2018 03:37pm
Go Back To Counter-Strike Topic List
Prev12
Add Reply New Trade New Service New Price Check New Topic New Poll