d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > d2jsp > Ladder Slasher > A Suggestion For Transmuting > Make It More Rewarding
Prev1234Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 105,555.55
Mar 28 2018 02:23pm
Quote (obob_ro @ 28 Mar 2018 19:25)
Transmuting is already the most powerfull prof in this game. Any change made, should be in balance with the others profs (or to be able to move your exp points from glph/fish/suff to muting).

Ppl grouping up, they dont need fish, glyph (MM are very rare - and also there are comfs). They just press T all the way to MQ.
I did some solo climbs myself, never crossed in my mind to buy a glyph for example. But for items.. we pay thousands of fg.

So in my opinion, when you do a change to the game... its not that simple, you have to take into account everything else you affect.

I think fishing should take away 1 tier for every 5 ranks you get, rather than 1 tier every 15 ranks, and only in a well
that should start somewhere around tier 4-5
the reason being that... well, look at my 41 fishing rank and 34 cooking prof, I basically cook up everything I get
catching 8 tiers of fish, of which 5 are useless to me is just not balanced at all

also having muted for 53 ranks and having the best item being 136 ee (lvl 35 ) or 46 int (lvl 45) / 44 dex (lvl 40) isn't really something to brag about either

cooking is okay, but the supply for cooking is affected by the imbalance of fishing, let alone the fact that I don't even have enough slots to keep t1-t8 fishes in my inventory

glyphing should get rid of the questionmarks or reward a lot more the more of them you get right in a row, because they mess up a lot, even when you're glyphing near your minimum and just keep losing items
Gold: 15,283.74
Mar 28 2018 03:00pm
Quote (RistVaLL @ Mar 28 2018 04:05pm)
It increases stats as in the amount of different stats as in magical, rare, mystical

Based on my testing, magic luck does both of these things. Not just what Nic is saying and not only what the portal says. Actually, there is a major effect which is quite noticeable at lower ML levels and with diminishing returns of what Nic is saying--chance for more properties. There is also a much smaller effect that is very noticeable but rarely occurs which has a large effect on the specific items it boosts, whereby it seems that the tier of the propert(ies) are dramatically increased. When I say rarely, I mean something like once in 100 EP drops that it's obvious with 20 ML on.

Quote (Dante @ Mar 28 2018 04:23pm)
I think fishing should take away 1 tier for every 5 ranks you get, rather than 1 tier every 15 ranks, and only in a well
the reason being that... well, look at my 41 fishing rank and 34 cooking prof, I basically cook up everything I get
catching 8 tiers of fish, of which 5 are useless to me is just not balanced at all

also having muted for 53 ranks and having the best item being 136 ee (lvl 35 ) or 46 int (lvl 45) / 44 dex (lvl 40) isn't really something to brag about either

cooking is okay, but the supply for cooking is affected by the imbalance of fishing, let alone the fact that I don't even have enough slots to keep t1-t8 fishes in my inventory

glyphing should get rid of the questionmarks or reward a lot more the more of them you get right in a row, because they mess up a lot, even when you're glyphing near your minimum and just keep losing items

As not really a proficient fisherman but still having tried it out, I agree that the first change should be made... catching too many tiers to even stack in 16 item slots must be stupid. I think glyphing ???s are kind of fun xD there aren't too many other things in this game that can make you rage quite like losing an epic glyph cuz of spammed ???s :D
Gold: 105,555.55
Mar 28 2018 03:01pm
Quote (BWConformity @ 28 Mar 2018 22:00)
Based on my testing, magic luck does both of these things. Not just what Nic is saying and not only what the portal says. Actually, there is a major effect which is quite noticeable at lower ML levels and with diminishing returns of what Nic is saying--chance for more properties. There is also a much smaller effect that is very noticeable but rarely occurs which has a large effect on the specific items it boosts, whereby it seems that the tier of the propert(ies) are dramatically increased. When I say rarely, I mean something like once in 100 EP drops that it's obvious with 20 ML on.

As not really a proficient fisherman but still having tried it out, I agree that the first change should be made... catching too many tiers to even stack in 16 item slots must be stupid. I think glyphing ???s are kind of fun xD there aren't too many other things in this game that can make you rage quite like losing an epic glyph cuz of spammed ???s :D

I think it's stupid to lose a good item, that is sometimes even below your range simply because of luck, nothing you can do about it

This post was edited by Dante on Mar 28 2018 03:01pm
Gold: 50,030.96
Mar 28 2018 07:07pm
Quote (RistVaLL @ Mar 28 2018 04:05pm)
It increases stats as in the amount of different stats as in magical, rare, mystical

If that is the case, then...

(+1% Better Item Stat Quality)*(Integer value of [Transmuting Level/5]).

... or whatever. I'm sure njag will understand what I mean. :)
Members++
Gold: 505,061.21
Trader: Trusted
Mar 28 2018 07:08pm
Quote (pwb3 @ 29 Mar 2018 03:07)
If that is the case, then...

(+1% Better Item Stat Quality)*(Integer value of [Transmuting Level/5]).

... or whatever. I'm sure njag will understand what I mean. :)

+ stat quality Is something I would love to see to muting, or maybe make the ppl who have higher ranks able to use some certain recipes like the old days :D
unlocking 1 recipe ea 5-10ranks or so

This post was edited by RistVaLL on Mar 28 2018 07:08pm
Gold: 250,648.00
Mar 29 2018 08:36am
Quote (Dante @ 28 Mar 2018 14:23)

He has outlines all the issues with the skills

just gotta add on the fact that it literally takes years to get to end game levels and thats a wrap.
Apr 22 2018 07:11pm
Bump
Quote (RistVaLL @ Mar 28 2018 09:08pm)
+ stat quality Is something I would love to see to muting, or maybe make the ppl who have higher ranks able to use some certain recipes like the old days :D
unlocking 1 recipe ea 5-10ranks or so

recipes sound like fun ^^ but that's for a separate suggestion thread ;)
Gold: 3,219.40
Apr 22 2018 09:29pm
No. Its simple really. The skill needs soft and hard caps on levels.

1)Higher your muting prof, the less likely you will roll magical when stripping lower tiers (there really should be a minimum/soft cap for base and hard/max per tier based off your prof in regards to the tier your muting).

2)Same as #1 but in regards to stats.

3) REMOVE THE GODDAMN MASTERIES AS PRIMARY STAT. I swear to god I get this almost every other roll on everything when I do mute. Or vita on weapons, blah blah blah etc.
Gold: 7,798.12
Apr 23 2018 01:46am
Quote (HylianHero @ Apr 22 2018 11:29pm)
No. Its simple really. The skill needs soft and hard caps on levels.

1)Higher your muting prof, the less likely you will roll magical when stripping lower tiers (there really should be a minimum/soft cap for base and hard/max per tier based off your prof in regards to the tier your muting).

2)Same as #1 but in regards to stats.

3) REMOVE THE GODDAMN MASTERIES AS PRIMARY STAT. I swear to god I get this almost every other roll on everything when I do mute. Or vita on weapons, blah blah blah etc.

About #3. I agree. I think while the addition of element masteries was a neat idea, it's not very helpful. Especially when the stat rolls on a charm. How many times does the correct element type match the right mastery type? Not very often. Cool, a fire charm with earth mastery. I think a change is needed that if an element mastery stat does spawn on an item, it should be configured to default to the proper element type. Maybe not 100% ALL the time, but it should match the element more often than not.

Or just simplify them all into one, single stat. So all the element masteries would be combined into a single mod. Call it +element mastery or whatever. I can see keeping healing mastery separate I guess.

So not only does this make more sense (in my eyes) it also removes some of the stat categories so less garbage items drop. If I counted right, there's 38 different stats that can spawn, and we all know that only EE, Dex, Int, Str are actually useful and sought after. Vit as a primary stat is useless. And I know EES gear is useful too. But with how it is now, just a handful of stats are actually useful, with all the rest being helpful secondary/bonus mods.

This post was edited by Brainwashed on Apr 23 2018 01:55am
Jul 16 2018 02:35pm
Three month bump.
Go Back To Ladder Slasher Topic List
Prev1234Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll