d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > d2jsp > Ladder Slasher > A Suggestion For Transmuting > Make It More Rewarding
1234Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 50,028.11
Mar 28 2018 11:29am
It takes years to get Transmuting (or any other skill) to Level 60+, the minimum necessary (as far as I know anyway) in order to transmute Level 55 items. So here is my suggestion: for every 5 Levels in Transmuting, add a hidden bonus of +1 Magic Luck to the skill itself. So when you transmute any level gear, you will have a default of (+1 Magic Luck)*(Integer value of [Transmuting Level/5]).

What this means: let's say your Transmuting is Lvl 20. You'll have +4 ML default. That'll give you a bonus of +4 ML when you're transmuting Tier III items, IV items, and V items. This would encourage players to level up their Transmuting to higher levels, and those who are already at Transmuting Lvl 60+ will have an advantage over those who are at much lower levels for transmuting low level items (III, IV, etc.). I think this makes sense.

Right now, the rewards are very lackluster and unappealing. I keep hearing over and over from players who got their Transmuting to 50+ how they are rerolling thousands of times and getting maybe 1 good item out of 10,000 rerolls (I'm just making up numbers at this point - I don't really know the exact ratio here - but I know it's very low). I think it should be more rewarding than that. I think Transmuting should have at least a slight advantage, if not a major advantage, over just farming monsters in Catacombs.

Perhaps +1 ML for every 5 Levels isn't enough. Perhaps +1 for every 2 or 3 Levels would be better. I don't know. Njag would know better than I do about exactly how ML works. But whatever it is, getting Transmuting to high levels should have higher rewards than what it currently is providing right now, and this is my suggestion. I hope you like. :)
Gold: 7,863.56
Mar 28 2018 11:54am
I could probably go along with this suggestion if one of the 2 following amendments were also installed:
1. If you die, skiller profs suffer the same penalty as caster/weapon profs
2. Eliminate the prof loss penalty for all proficiencies

Other than that, what you are asking for is a gimme gimme setup
Gold: 0.19
Mar 28 2018 12:18pm
Quote (Paparick @ Mar 28 2018 01:54pm)
I could probably go along with this suggestion if one of the 2 following amendments were also installed:

I like the ml idea. But people losing skill prof for dying should not factor in. It does not make sense
Gold: Locked
Mar 28 2018 12:25pm
Transmuting is already the most powerfull prof in this game. Any change made, should be in balance with the others profs (or to be able to move your exp points from glph/fish/suff to muting).

Ppl grouping up, they dont need fish, glyph (MM are very rare - and also there are comfs). They just press T all the way to MQ.
I did some solo climbs myself, never crossed in my mind to buy a glyph for example. But for items.. we pay thousands of fg.

So in my opinion, when you do a change to the game... its not that simple, you have to take into account everything else you affect.
Members++
Gold: 505,061.21
Trader: Trusted
Mar 28 2018 12:34pm
I just dont understand why you want ML.

Magic Luck only helps you with the magical type, not the actualy stats of the rolls.
Back in the days magic luck used to be able to give u +1 magical type if u for example pushed 2x rares you had a tiny chance of getin a mystical out of it.

But atm, I dont see any use for magic luck while transmuting.
Gold: 431,940.99
Mar 28 2018 12:43pm
Quote (Paparick @ Mar 28 2018 06:54pm)

1. If you die, skiller profs suffer the same penalty as caster/weapon profs : some user buys a lot from marktet to get profs into the passive skills, makes not sence your point!

2. Eliminate the prof loss penalty for all proficiencies ; the game is already super easy, and you loose only between the ranks, nothing you cannot get back fast! :rolleyes:
Gold: 80,812.11
Mar 28 2018 12:43pm
Quote (RistVaLL @ Mar 28 2018 02:34pm)

Magic Luck only helps you with the magical type, not the actualy stats of the rolls.
Back in the days magic luck used to be able to give u +1 magical type if u for example pushed 2x rares you had a tiny chance of getin a mystical out of it.

Sounds like magic luck needs reworked to not only boost magical type but also stat amount
Gold: 50,028.11
Mar 28 2018 01:49pm
Quote (RistVaLL @ Mar 28 2018 02:34pm)

What? No...

From Ladder Slasher > Magical Stats:
+ Magic Luck: Increases the chances for higher stats on an item drop.
http://ladderslasher.d2jsp.org/index.php?g=15
Gold: 0.19
Mar 28 2018 01:57pm
Quote (pwb3 @ Mar 28 2018 03:49pm)
What? No...

Boom
Members++
Gold: 505,061.21
Trader: Trusted
Mar 28 2018 02:05pm
Quote (pwb3 @ 28 Mar 2018 21:49)
What? No...

It increases stats as in the amount of different stats as in magical, rare, mystical
Go Back To Ladder Slasher Topic List
1234Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll