d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Other Games > MMORPG > Eve Online > Pretty New.. Could Use Some Pointers
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 46.01
Mar 26 2018 10:16am
yeaa... title basically says it all.

I need to know a basic place to start and get into the rythm of EVE. just a bit lost now in the huge list of things you can do
Gold: 1,350.86
Mar 26 2018 10:36am
Complete all the trainer missions as you will get a lot of different kinds of game play.

After that, go deep into nullsec and get yourself blown up several times. You never know who is flying the other ship so don’t just run away. Pick some fights and go all in. Find a frigate you enjoy dying in. Learn its strengths and weaknesses. Your ship is ammo that is meant to be exploded.

You can spend a lot of time in highsec space mining, doing missions and treating eve like WoW but eventually you will be destroyed. Don’t fly something you can’t afford to lose.

Go to the eve wiki and READ.
Gold: 0.00
Mar 26 2018 10:55am
Quote (SIKKaudio @ Mar 26 2018 09:16am)
yeaa... title basically says it all.

I need to know a basic place to start and get into the rythm of EVE. just a bit lost now in the huge list of things you can do

Pm me & we can play sometime not sure how new you are but I started last week & found wormholes to be a nice source of starter income while you are still alpha.

If you do the Explorer agency training missions you get a free heron. I can show you how to travel around and scan down wormholes, they are pretty safe considering the heron is a cheap ship to setup at the start & a site is usually 10million+ profit.

Edit: I would recommend upgrading your drone skills at the start since most belts unless you are in 1.0 have npc 's. If you upgrade drone skills and keep the venture somewhere you will always have a source of income, won't have to worry about being blown up while you are learning since you can mine and re buy the ship in under an hour

This post was edited by NorthWestern on Mar 26 2018 11:05am
Gold: 46.01
Mar 26 2018 11:12am
Quote (NorthWestern @ Mar 26 2018 05:55pm)
Pm me & we can play sometime not sure how new you are but I started last week & found wormholes to be a nice source of starter income while you are still alpha.

If you do the Explorer agency training missions you get a free heron. I can show you how to travel around and scan down wormholes, they are pretty safe considering the heron is a cheap ship to setup at the start & a site is usually 10million+ profit.

Edit: I would recommend upgrading your drone skills at the start since most belts unless you are in 1.0 have npc 's. If you upgrade drone skills and keep the venture somewhere you will always have a source of income, won't have to worry about being blown up while you are learning since you can mine and re buy the ship in under an hour

Ill get in touch with you soon. Ive played a week but havent really had time to actually grind anything yet.
Go Back To Eve Online Topic List
Add Reply New Topic New Poll