d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Other Games > MMORPG > Eve Online > Just Started Playing
12Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 0.00
Mar 21 2018 02:28pm
Just started playing eve! Looks like it will be a lot of fun, did a mining trip & sold the stuff to the market. Still trying to figure out what ship to go with though

Anyone know what ships are good for mining at first? Also later on do people drop the ore at a station near where they mine & use a cargo ship to transport to whatever station has a higher price? Watched a few mining videos and they went in the frigate to sell the ores they mined but the warp time seemed a little long to do every time you are full :/

This post was edited by NorthWestern on Mar 21 2018 02:29pm
Gold: 34,731.69
Mar 22 2018 02:33pm
If you're going to do mining I suggest joining a mining corp who can provide security and show you the way.
Don't let people extort you by selling you a 'mining permit'.

If you're an alpha clone I recommend filling in the hauling role rather than the mining role. People with omega accounts and skills can mine much faster and proficiently than you can atm.
edit- oh and if you do join a 'mining corp' make sure it's not a ploy to steal all the gains or use less understanding players to feed a bigger corp.

Rule #1 If it's too good to be true it probably is.

This post was edited by Mondain on Mar 22 2018 02:36pm
Mar 23 2018 04:08pm
Quote (Mondain @ Mar 22 2018 01:33pm)
If you're going to do mining I suggest joining a mining corp who can provide security and show you the way.

If you're an alpha clone I recommend filling in the hauling role rather than the mining role. People with omega accounts and skills can mine much faster and proficiently than you can atm.
edit- oh and if you do join a 'mining corp' make sure it's not a ploy to steal all the gains or use less understanding players to feed a bigger corp.

Quote (Mondain @ Mar 22 2018 01:33pm)

Just joined up with a person last night who has been playing for around 2 weeks. Got my venture set up & found some belts near a station where I can make around 1 mill isk every 15 minutes
Not too much but will definitely help me get started buying the beginner ships & trying out exploration.

I do have a question though. Currently I use the venture with 2 miner 1's, shield, afterburner. I am mining in 0.8 security & keep running into red npc ships, currently training my drone skill so I can keep them out as guards while I mine. Do you think they can take out a 0.8 red ship? Didn't seem to hurt me much once I went close to him but not sure how to go about killing them. Would be nice to learn since they are in almost all the belts I mine. :)

Usually go around to all the belts until I find one without a npc ship
Gold: 4,044.40
Mar 23 2018 11:54pm
Light drones generally solo frigates quite well, you can use 2 light drones in a venture and that should be good enough for npcs in high security belts, good luck.
Mar 25 2018 05:05pm
So I started exploration, currently have a heron set up for data & relic sites. A friend follows and mines gas as we find it.

Entered into a wormhole last night that I found in 0.9 & it took me to -1.0 space. Found a relic site & heard you can make pretty good money 10million+ per wormhole if you are exploring. The relic site I entered had no npc ships so it seemed pretty safe. (Didn't have the regular data analyzers though so couldn't loot anything :(

Question: do the wormholes have ships in the data / relic sites? Or do they show up after a certain time period? Pretty much looking to make enough to afford an astero I can fit & use cloaking with & be able to pull in enough profit to re buy the ship if I loose it heard wormhole exploration can be pretty rewarding 50 - 100 million per hour. At that rate I should be able to re buy the astero just a little scared about the initial investment so figured I would get the wormholes down in my heron first

This post was edited by NorthWestern on Mar 25 2018 05:07pm
Gold: 0.29
Mar 26 2018 09:50am
a good place to do explorations early on is npc null. Much safer than the wormhole cuz you can see local, so you're no constantly paying attention to d-scan.
Mar 27 2018 12:41pm
Ran into my first wormhole player trap, was not able to warp or anything. Was not as frightening as I thought it would be since the heron is so cheap.

He private messaged me and asked what I was doing, I let him know I was new and scanning down data / relic sites. He gave me some tips on not getting tracked down while scanning & some other general tips then let me go. :) also invited me to a wormhole explorer corp.

If I join a corp do people have access to my items also? He seemed like a nice person but heard there are a lot of player traps in eve

This post was edited by NorthWestern on Mar 27 2018 12:42pm
Mar 27 2018 03:17pm
Quote (NorthWestern @ Mar 25 2018 04:05pm)
So I started exploration, currently have a heron set up for data & relic sites. A friend follows and mines gas as we find it.

Entered into a wormhole last night that I found in 0.9 & it took me to -1.0 space. Found a relic site & heard you can make pretty good money 10million+ per wormhole if you are exploring. The relic site I entered had no npc ships so it seemed pretty safe. (Didn't have the regular data analyzers though so couldn't loot anything :(

Question: do the wormholes have ships in the data / relic sites? Or do they show up after a certain time period? Pretty much looking to make enough to afford an astero I can fit & use cloaking with & be able to pull in enough profit to re buy the ship if I loose it heard wormhole exploration can be pretty rewarding 50 - 100 million per hour. At that rate I should be able to re buy the astero just a little scared about the initial investment so figured I would get the wormholes down in my heron first

there's a faction mod that lets you combine the the relic and data site mods into 1
"sansha" something

edit:
it's PURLOINED SANSHA DATA ANALYZER
might be a bit out of your price range till you learn about surviving and stuff

This post was edited by Goko on Mar 27 2018 03:27pm
Mar 27 2018 03:40pm
Quote (Goko @ Mar 27 2018 02:17pm)
there's a faction mod that lets you combine the the relic and data site mods into 1
"sansha" something

edit:
it's PURLOINED SANSHA DATA ANALYZER
might be a bit out of your price range till you learn about surviving and stuff

Nice! I'll check that out later, going to get omega next week. Spending the week grinding out sites so I can afford to loose an astero or two plus mods. Also training cloaking once I get omega so I can scan & hack cloaked :) I'll look into that data analyzer would be nice to have the extra slot :)
Mar 27 2018 04:06pm
Quote (NorthWestern @ Mar 27 2018 02:40pm)
Nice! I'll check that out later, going to get omega next week. Spending the week grinding out sites so I can afford to loose an astero or two plus mods. Also training cloaking once I get omega so I can scan & hack cloaked :) I'll look into that data analyzer would be nice to have the extra slot :)

you can scan cloaked, but because you need to lock a target to hack, you need to decloak
Go Back To Eve Online Topic List
12Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll