d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Diablo II > Diablo 2 Discussion > Strategy & Guides > Pvm Dragon Tail Assassin
Prev1456
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 265.00
Jul 5 2018 12:59pm
Was using this build for a bit before I respecced back to Phoenix Striker... I gotta admit, dealing with the phys-to-fire conversion when fighting phys immunes was way too much of a pain in the ass. Probably would go smoother with better gear but I'm not very rich. There were a lot of times where I'd be up against phys immunes with no non-PI's nearby to kick splash damage off of and/or when they were nearby, they were difficult to click on because the PI's (like Arcane Sanctuary ghosts) would stack up into a cluster. Fire and phys immune I had zero answer to, not to mention a vast majority of monsters in Hell are Fire immune anyway.

This post was edited by Dauracul on Jul 5 2018 01:01pm
Gold: 22,186.49
Jul 5 2018 02:25pm
A lot of physical immunes are undead, and more undead like soups have ~90% DR, which makes azurewrath attractive at clearing areas with wraiths and souls. It wont kill hell temptresses, frenzy lords or itchies. Temptresses and itchies are pretty easy just waiting for procs, ghoul lords can be annoying since they dont clump, but frenzytaurs are nearly double immune so forget about it.

Fire immunities like every other fire build are the gamebreaker. You need to be a trap hybrid to have any chance in most areas.

I cant tell you how the ultra rich vs budget effectiveness should be. But I imagine you really want phoenix and infinity to be a reasonable build at all. And thats not cheap, not on ladder
Gold: 278.00
Jul 6 2018 07:13am
Quote (Goomshill @ Jul 5 2018 04:25pm)
A lot of physical immunes are undead, and more undead like soups have ~90% DR, which makes azurewrath attractive at clearing areas with wraiths and souls. It wont kill hell temptresses, frenzy lords or itchies. Temptresses and itchies are pretty easy just waiting for procs, ghoul lords can be annoying since they dont clump, but frenzytaurs are nearly double immune so forget about it.

Fire immunities like every other fire build are the gamebreaker. You need to be a trap hybrid to have any chance in most areas.

I cant tell you how the ultra rich vs budget effectiveness should be. But I imagine you really want phoenix and infinity to be a reasonable build at all. And thats not cheap, not on ladder

How about Fortitude + SS instead of Phoenix + Enigma. You will lose some phys damage obviously but it may be comparable and would be much more affordable on ladder. This way you could also pump STR since you have solid DR % from SS.
Go Back To Strategy & Guides Topic List
Prev1456
Add Reply New Topic New Poll