d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Love Line > Dating Today Compared To > 10 Years Ago
Prev123Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 88.36
Warn: 30%
Mar 24 2018 05:07pm
Quote (GLYC123 @ Mar 22 2018 02:11pm)
In ways, possibly.

BUT the core principles have stayed the same in how you should act as a man and what women want and respond to. So, the rest doesn't really matter. There's really no point in being upset about it.

You don't have to be some instagram star, super popular on social media, etc. to get a good woman.

Even with the addition of texting, I still don't really see it as an issue. While i wouldnt avoid it entirely or ignore a womans texts. Calling women once a week to ultimately set up a date, focusing on getting to know them in person, still works best.

Attraction has, and always will form better in person.

you call once a week
the 5 inch screeners twit once an hour
chivalry is deado if you start online. either you up you game online to meet random online girls, or you up your game in real life to get to know the girls you life in real life
Gold: 0.00
Mar 25 2018 10:44pm
Quote (StrategiesOfPeace @ Mar 24 2018 06:07pm)
you call once a week
the 5 inch screeners twit once an hour
chivalry is deado if you start online. either you up you game online to meet random online girls, or you up your game in real life to get to know the girls you life in real life

That's fine, other people can chat them up all they want.
I don't compete for women, I will put in effort with initiating and in other ways, but I don't need that specific woman.
I would like her, but I don't need her.

Less really is more early on. Eventually both of you will end up where youre just around each other all the time eventually anyways, let it transition to that naturally and slowly.

Trying to prove you're the best thing for her never really works.
Its better just to go with the flow.

Besides, you're different if you're not one of the guys who is constantly breathing down her neck at all times.
Where's the excitement with texting? Let's talk about it in person.
Plus, calling is way more masculine and attractive for women, you have to think in real time. Plus, you risk facing rejection in real time as well.

And yes, sometimes you will lose a woman to another man, but that's just life. It happens.

This post was edited by GLYC123 on Mar 25 2018 10:44pm
Gold: 1,113.99
Mar 26 2018 02:17am
Quote (StrategiesOfPeace @ Mar 25 2018 07:04am)
isn't the problem today that you're expected to do this through a 5 inch screen?

Just another tool which does not stop you from direct approaches or meeting possible dates introduced by your social circle.
Mar 26 2018 04:37am
Quote (zayl121 @ Mar 26 2018 03:17am)
Just another tool which does not stop you from direct approaches or meeting possible dates introduced by your social circle.

I don’t think lots of people have a “social circle” irl other than people they may see at work. We’re plagued.
Gold: 413.69
Mar 26 2018 05:39pm
Nothng has changed. I dont use social media. I go up to girls on the street and ask them out. Still works. I get phone numbers, dates, etc.
Gold: 3,500.80
Mar 30 2018 09:59am
Quote (Captain87 @ Mar 26 2018 04:37am)
I don’t think lots of people have a “social circle” irl other than people they may see at work. We’re plagued.

This. Most of my friends that have been around longest are former co-workers that I used to spend a ton of time with.
Gold: 4,966.59
Mar 31 2018 10:45pm
The world has changed indeed. Either evolve with it or don't.

Social media is everywhere.
But I believe physical touch and interaction is still stronger, more fulfilling, then getting to know someone via other ways.

Words, we type to each other, with emojis and so on, Imo. still lack emotion.
Talking to someone face to face, for me, shows more emotion, body language, etc. Even a video chat (2 way video chat!!!! lol) is acceptable.
Gold: 42.32
May 10 2018 12:11pm
It's easier today for guys like me.

The sheer amount of stupidity woman have to deal with online makes me look like I'm a fucking master of life even if I'm just being me.

Also, online dating is quite fun when you take it lightly.
Back then it was just muscular men getting it, now even dad bod guys like me are getting lots of it. Even more than I can handle tbh.
Gold: Locked
Trader: Scammer
Warn: 10%
May 10 2018 03:27pm
I strive to find others not addicted to social media.
May 12 2018 05:46am
It feels like most girls even the ones that arent that pretty get bombarded online and given attention.

When women have such a plethora of men biding for their attention, naturally a lot of them get a blown up sense of self worth. A lot of them then feel that they can be as choosy as they want, being that they aren't beggars.

Dates feel much more hollow with people these days. There are so many poor dynamics at play.
Tinder is for getting your dick wet, nothing more.
If you desire substance, you'll only find it offline. Talk to girls that you encounter in settings or groups that you find matches the values you are looking for. When you talk to her, take notice if she seems intelligent, kind, goal oriented...these are some of the best traits to look for in a prospective long term partner.
Go Back To Love Line Topic List
Prev123Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll