d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > Immigration, Etc... > And Illegal Immigrants
Prev1234577Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 10.77
Mar 7 2018 04:06pm
Quote (Ghot @ Mar 7 2018 03:04pm)
Pretty speech. What California is doing is illegal, as per the constitution.

When the next Democrat makes your guns illegal, will you support the military kicking your door in to confiscate your guns? Because a law is a law, right?

This post was edited by inkanddagger on Mar 7 2018 04:06pm
Gold: 10,655.00
Mar 7 2018 04:07pm
Quote (inkanddagger @ Mar 7 2018 05:06pm)
When the next Democrat makes your guns illegal, will you support the military kicking your door in to confiscate your guns? Because a law is a law, right?

"The next Democrat" can't do that. It's illegal too.

/e Hell they can't even do that in California, and they've been trying to do that for 38 years, that I know of.

This post was edited by Ghot on Mar 7 2018 04:08pm
Gold: 4,383.11
Mar 7 2018 04:11pm
Quote (inkanddagger @ 7 Mar 2018 23:02)
We have a federalist system of government because the founders understood the importance of states being able to experiment in human liberty and freedom. They saw the new nation as an incubator for free thought and progressive ideas.

In California, we love our immigrants. They bolster the economy, they grow and harvest the food that feeds most of the country, they build our roads and bridges and homes, and they go to our world-class universities and become doctors, scientists, engineers, and inventors.

Just because you prefer Virginia or Tennessee or Ohio to be a certain way doesn't mean your preferences should override the will of the people of California.

If you are OK with an authoritarian central government kicking down doors to enforce its laws upon the many states, then you are unwittingly supporting future action taken by a despot from any political party. If a Republican despot kicks doors in to arrest "illegal" humans, then a Democratic president can use the precedent set by the authoritarian Republican to kick down doors and confiscate "illegal" guns. It's a slippery slope and you should seriously reconsider your anti-American opinion on this matter.

wow, what a pathetic attempt
you do realise that this comparison is simply wrong? its incredible how you twist the facts here

by the way, the agriculture in california could also be bolstered by working citizens and legal migrants, who pay taxes and are not exploited by farmers/corporations, but i guess you just love to buy cheap food in the supermarket
Gold: 285.00
Mar 7 2018 04:14pm
Quote (Ghot @ Mar 7 2018 05:07pm)
"The next Democrat" can't do that. It's illegal too.

/e Hell they can't even do that in California, and they've been trying to do that for 38 years, that I know of.

Its amendable. As long as you're okay with the federal government kicking down doors and almost doesn't matter why. Because they'll think of a f****** reason.
Mar 7 2018 04:15pm
Quote (ampoo @ Mar 7 2018 03:11pm)
wow, what a pathetic attempt
you do realise that this comparison is simply wrong? its incredible how you twist the facts here

by the way, the agriculture in california could also be bolstered by working citizens and legal migrants, who pay taxes and are not exploited by farmers/corporations, but i guess you just love to buy cheap food in the supermarket

You say I'm wrong but offer nothing of substance, no evidence-based statistics, nothing verifiable. You simply say "fake news" and sit, satisfied with the smell of your own fart.

And I shop at the farmer's market. We have thousands of them in California and a culture of supporting local business and local farmers. We aren't like you rednecks who shop at Walmart and buy cheap Chinese products while pretending to love America.
Gold: 57.00
Mar 7 2018 04:18pm
Quote (djman72 @ 7 Mar 2018 17:38)
I wasn't under the impression that states have the right to pick and choose who is a legal citizen and who is not.

:rofl:

:rofl:
Mar 7 2018 04:22pm
Quote (Skinned @ Mar 7 2018 05:14pm)
Its amendable. As long as you're okay with the federal government kicking down doors and almost doesn't matter why. Because they'll think of a f****** reason.

I don't like the Fed kicking down doors anymore than the next guy. I also don't like people breaking Federal Law.

Quote (inkanddagger @ Mar 7 2018 05:15pm)
You say I'm wrong but offer nothing of substance, no evidence-based statistics, nothing verifiable. You simply say "fake news" and sit, satisfied with the smell of your own fart.

And I shop at the farmer's market. We have thousands of them in California and a culture of supporting local business and local farmers. We aren't like you rednecks who shop at Walmart and buy cheap Chinese products while pretending to love America.

All the evidence you could want is in post #15.

As for the Farmer's Markets, they are great. Just think how much better it would be if they sold to the rest of the States. :/

This post was edited by Ghot on Mar 7 2018 04:24pm
Gold: 4,383.11
Mar 7 2018 04:28pm
Quote (inkanddagger @ 7 Mar 2018 23:15)

alright, since your leftist ideology somehow prevents you from thinking i will make it more clear

"If a Republican despot kicks doors in to arrest "illegal" humans, then a Democratic president can use the precedent set by the authoritarian Republican to kick down doors and confiscate "illegal" guns."

first part, illegal migrants have committed a felony by entering the country without permission and paperwork
by definition its the job of law enforcement to go after them
that is a fact, your attempt to make it sound like a hunt for poor "illegal humans" is pathetic

then you go on to try to compare it with a scenario, where legal guns are taken away

so you just compared a state doing its legal duty with a state cracking down on citizens against its own laws

is that more clear?
Mar 7 2018 04:31pm
Quote (Ghot @ Mar 7 2018 03:22pm)
I don't like the Fed kicking down doors anymore than the next guy. I also don't like people breaking Federal Law.

All the evidence you could want is in post #15.

As for the Farmer's Markets, they are great. Just think how much better it would be if they sold to the rest of the States. :/

When federal law changes to ban your guns, how will you feel about being a lawbreaker then?

I don't see anything in post #15 that can be construed to mean the federal government can compel states or local entities to devote their law enforcement budgets to federal projects. In fact, we already pay the federal taxes that pay for those federal agents in the first place. Approving of double taxation without double representation to support a despot is a particularly un-American way of thinking.

As for California produce, we do sell to the rest of the states. We're the largest agricultural producer and exporter in America.

http://ajed.assembly.ca.gov/sites/ajed.assembly.ca.gov/files/Fast%20Facts%20on%20California%27s%20Agricultural%20Economy.pdf

This post was edited by inkanddagger on Mar 7 2018 04:31pm
Mar 7 2018 04:38pm
Quote (inkanddagger @ Mar 7 2018 05:31pm)
When federal law changes to ban your guns, how will you feel about being a lawbreaker then?

I don't see anything in post #15 that can be construed to mean the federal government can compel states or local entities to devote their law enforcement budgets to federal projects. In fact, we already pay the federal taxes that pay for those federal agents in the first place. Approving of double taxation without double representation to support a despot is a particularly un-American way of thinking.

As for California produce, we do sell to the rest of the states. We're the largest agricultural producer and exporter in America.

http://ajed.assembly.ca.gov/sites/ajed.assembly.ca.gov/files/Fast%20Facts%20on%20California%27s%20Agricultural%20Economy.pdf

Again, pretty speech. But it doesn't change the fact that California can not disregard Federal Law.
Illegal immigrants are a drain on society. AND harboring them is illegal. I don't see where the argument is.
California can pass all the laws it wants, saying they don't have to give up illegal immigrants, but those laws are ...just air, if they go against federal law.
No one is asking the local law enforcement to do anything other than to turn them over when asked by THEIR Federal govt.

Same thing as if they were tax evaders. It's against the law.

/e To put it simply, sanctuary cities where ever they are in the US, are harboring fugitives.

This post was edited by Ghot on Mar 7 2018 04:42pm
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev1234577Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll