d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Other Games > FPS & Battle Royale > Overwatch 2 > 4 Gold In Last 10games
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 337,483.14
Feb 23 2018 04:27pm
lost all of them,

how do you win in this game?

I'm on a 23 lose streak.
Gold: 3,621.69
Feb 23 2018 05:59pm
ouch

games get worse at the end of the season I reckon, it's best just not to play near the end
Gold: 34.00
Mar 7 2018 02:58am
What rank are you at? Are you playing QP? Usually it comes down to tactics and team comp. At lower ranks as a dominate force you can carry games, it gets harder as you climb as the mechanical skill gap narrows, and people know what to pick and how to play the map. I got tired of playing because I am a sym main, and I lost many many games because of people not knowing how to utilize a sym in the team comp, or just flat out throwing because I was on attack sym. That is part of knowing team comp as well, and probably the more important part, but the part almost everyone fails at until you hit diamond, and even then there are people that don't get it. It isn't so much that you have or don't have a certain pick on your team, it is that you have an overall comp that covers for any weaknesses, and you need a team that knows what those weaknesses and strengths are. Most people in low ranks don't know how to play as a team, they get upset because of what they see as a "bad pick" while not understanding that they themselves have a bad pick based on what the other team's comp is. This can create overall negativity and sink the team. Then you have people that are boosted in the mix that can't compete at the skill level they are at, and even worse you have the people that boost, that are either deliberately throwing to lower their SR to pick up someone to boost, or playing at their actual skill in order to boost someone. Always satisfying to shut down a M or GM on an alt boosting some noob though, what few times you can pull it off.

If your playing quick play matches, it is really kind of luck of the draw. Most people don't take it seriously, and mess around. If you are playing competitive, and scoring quad golds every match, then you need to start directing your team, stay positive, and work around the people that won't work with you. Check what picks people like to main, make sure you have picks for the map, the current popular comps you are likely to be facing, and no stacked weaknesses. You don't want reaper, junk, and sym all on the same team, because that fills your dps, and limits you to a single healer or single tank, and gives you no hitscan. However, if those are what people main, then don't try to nag someone to switch, because it probably won't happen, and if it does, they will fail miserably. Instead mention that you have no hitscan, and ask if anyone of the three would is able and willing to play hitscan in the event the other team has a pharah. Even if they all refuse, stay positive. I won a game before with bastion, torb, sym, widow, hanzo, and zarya/lucio. It wasn't even a close match, we stomped them on attack, then crushed them on defense. The whole time everyone was excited to play, we all were on our mains, we all knew what we were doing, and the other team had no clue how to deal with it.

Once you have your comp figured out, and you know who is willing to switch, and what they can play, all of which can be done in spawn before the game starts, then you need to have a basic plan. It is pretty cookie cutter at this point, but you can still pull surprises, and you want to make sure your plan accounts for special combos with your comp. Keep morale up, and squash anyone that tries to play the blame game. In my experience the person most vocal about someone's pick or play is usually the guy that is failing to carry his share of the weight, but you have to have some way of diffusing the situation without escalating it, or the one guy will stop playing his best because there is no motivation to do so with negative teammates, and the other won't play his best because he is too busy blaming others.
Gold: 35,256.00
Mar 8 2018 04:02am
you git gud
Gold: 9,280.04
Mar 10 2018 05:10pm
How do you lose 22 games in a row and still think, "let's play one more I've got this one!"
Gold: 53.30
Apr 4 2018 02:20am
how does this idiot think being a sym main isnt the problem lol
Gold: Locked
Trader: Scammer
Warn: 10%
Apr 6 2018 12:50pm
Quote (BadIdeas @ Mar 7 2018 03:58am)
What rank are you at? Are you playing QP? Usually it comes down to tactics and team comp. At lower ranks as a dominate force you can carry games, it gets harder as you climb as the mechanical skill gap narrows, and people know what to pick and how to play the map. I got tired of playing because I am a sym main, and I lost many many games because of people not knowing how to utilize a sym in the team comp, or just flat out throwing because I was on attack sym. That is part of knowing team comp as well, and probably the more important part, but the part almost everyone fails at until you hit diamond, and even then there are people that don't get it. It isn't so much that you have or don't have a certain pick on your team, it is that you have an overall comp that covers for any weaknesses, and you need a team that knows what those weaknesses and strengths are. Most people in low ranks don't know how to play as a team, they get upset because of what they see as a "bad pick" while not understanding that they themselves have a bad pick based on what the other team's comp is. This can create overall negativity and sink the team. Then you have people that are boosted in the mix that can't compete at the skill level they are at, and even worse you have the people that boost, that are either deliberately throwing to lower their SR to pick up someone to boost, or playing at their actual skill in order to boost someone. Always satisfying to shut down a M or GM on an alt boosting some noob though, what few times you can pull it off.

If your playing quick play matches, it is really kind of luck of the draw. Most people don't take it seriously, and mess around. If you are playing competitive, and scoring quad golds every match, then you need to start directing your team, stay positive, and work around the people that won't work with you. Check what picks people like to main, make sure you have picks for the map, the current popular comps you are likely to be facing, and no stacked weaknesses. You don't want reaper, junk, and sym all on the same team, because that fills your dps, and limits you to a single healer or single tank, and gives you no hitscan. However, if those are what people main, then don't try to nag someone to switch, because it probably won't happen, and if it does, they will fail miserably. Instead mention that you have no hitscan, and ask if anyone of the three would is able and willing to play hitscan in the event the other team has a pharah. Even if they all refuse, stay positive. I won a game before with bastion, torb, sym, widow, hanzo, and zarya/lucio. It wasn't even a close match, we stomped them on attack, then crushed them on defense. The whole time everyone was excited to play, we all were on our mains, we all knew what we were doing, and the other team had no clue how to deal with it.

Once you have your comp figured out, and you know who is willing to switch, and what they can play, all of which can be done in spawn before the game starts, then you need to have a basic plan. It is pretty cookie cutter at this point, but you can still pull surprises, and you want to make sure your plan accounts for special combos with your comp. Keep morale up, and squash anyone that tries to play the blame game. In my experience the person most vocal about someone's pick or play is usually the guy that is failing to carry his share of the weight, but you have to have some way of diffusing the situation without escalating it, or the one guy will stop playing his best because there is no motivation to do so with negative teammates, and the other won't play his best because he is too busy blaming others.

Silver must be frustrating.
Go Back To Overwatch 2 Topic List
Add Reply New Topic New Poll