d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Sports Coliseum > Football & Rugby > City Of Winning
Prev1234568Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 1,533.81
Feb 23 2018 02:44pm
Quote (Giannis @ Feb 23 2018 02:43pm)
I said they aren't sniffing a Cup which is accurate, they likely won't even make it out of the 1st round lol

its like saying the Titans aren't close to sniffing a Super Bowl

No, you said anytime soon. Any hockey fan with half a brain knows that there are much stronger teams atm, im not arguing they are cup contenders this year.

In the very near future, they will be. Considering they have one of if not the best goalie prospect in hockey and a great young core of of defensive prospects as well.

Pretty common stuff, go be stupid somewhere else.
Gold: 0.00
Feb 23 2018 02:55pm
Quote (Garz97 @ Feb 23 2018 03:44pm)
No, you said anytime soon. Any hockey fan with half a brain knows that there are much stronger teams atm, im not arguing they are cup contenders this year.

In the very near future, they will be. Considering they have one of if not the best goalie prospect in hockey and a great young core of of defensive prospects as well.

Pretty common stuff, go be stupid somewhere else.

I never said anytime soon, here is the exact quote of what I said "the Flyers suck ass lol they aren't even close to sniffing a Stanley Cup" that is referencing this season. as far as the future goes, you are correct that they have good pieces to work with but as of today the Flyers are nowhere close to the leagues elite. their current mid-season odds of winning the Stanley Cup is tied for 13th in the league

Quote (Cheesehead @ Feb 23 2018 03:43pm)
And won in the first round.

Giannis talking himself into a corner... Nothing new

you're simply agreeing with them because you don't like me. it's obvious that the Packers are more serious contenders for a Super Bowl just by virtue of having Aaron Rodgers than teams like the Bills, Titans, etc who have good supporting casts but not enough firepower to really get it done without an elite supporting cast around a game manager.

MilkMaid is implying that the Packers are on par with the Flyers in terms of Championship contention due to missing the postseason this year, and that somehow the Titans making it vaults them above the Packers.
Gold: 3,500.80
Feb 23 2018 03:10pm
Quote (Giannis @ Feb 23 2018 02:55pm)
I never said anytime soon, here is the exact quote of what I said "the Flyers suck ass lol they aren't even close to sniffing a Stanley Cup" that is referencing this season. as far as the future goes, you are correct that they have good pieces to work with but as of today the Flyers are nowhere close to the leagues elite. their current mid-season odds of winning the Stanley Cup is tied for 13th in the league

you're simply agreeing with them because you don't like me. it's obvious that the Packers are more serious contenders for a Super Bowl just by virtue of having Aaron Rodgers than teams like the Bills, Titans, etc who have good supporting casts but not enough firepower to really get it done without an elite supporting cast around a game manager.

MilkMaid is implying that the Packers are on par with the Flyers in terms of Championship contention due to missing the postseason this year, and that somehow the Titans making it vaults them above the Packers.

No... you're overthinking how much your posting means to me. I literally don't care about you at all, but you compared them directly to the Titans who not only made the playoffs, but also advanced through the first round. You literally said they won't get past the first round if they even make it in. I was just pointing out how retarded that comparison was because it directly contradicted you.
Feb 23 2018 03:16pm
Quote (Cheesehead @ Feb 23 2018 04:10pm)
No... you're overthinking how much your posting means to me. I literally don't care about you at all, but you compared them directly to the Titans who not only made the playoffs, but also advanced through the first round. You literally said they won't get past the first round if they even make it in. I was just pointing out how retarded that comparison was because it directly contradicted you.

regardless of the Titans squeaking by an imploding Chiefs team, the comparison was made because everyone knew the Titans had no realistic chance of even making it to the AFC Championship game, weren't they 14 point underdogs and couldn't even cover that? what a joke

you would know that's what I meant if you weren't being pedantic just for the sake of being so, not that i'm surprised the lengths you will go to trying to discredit me

This post was edited by Giannis on Feb 23 2018 03:17pm
Gold: 3,500.80
Feb 23 2018 03:46pm
Quote (Giannis @ Feb 23 2018 03:16pm)
regardless of the Titans squeaking by an imploding Chiefs team, the comparison was made because everyone knew the Titans had no realistic chance of even making it to the AFC Championship game, weren't they 14 point underdogs and couldn't even cover that? what a joke

you would know that's what I meant if you weren't being pedantic just for the sake of being so, not that i'm surprised the lengths you will go to trying to discredit me

You blow off that you contradicted yourself and make a personal attack to try and rectify your mistake? Lmao.
Feb 23 2018 03:51pm
Quote (Cheesehead @ Feb 23 2018 04:46pm)
You blow off that you contradicted yourself and make a personal attack to try and rectify your mistake? Lmao.

the point was that the Flyers aren't legitimate contenders regardless of their entrance to the playoffs or winning the first round. let me know when you're capable of comprehending this sentence
Gold: 6,313.21
Feb 23 2018 04:20pm
Phillies 0-1.

THE DOWNFALL BEGINS
Gold: 2,525.00
Feb 23 2018 04:47pm
Flyers definitely have a shot at making a run in the playoffs. This is hockey, not football. Everything changes in the playoffs. We just traded for a goalie that has a really good playoff record. We're 2 points away from getting a top spot and we'll likely play a lower seed and have home ice in the playoffs. If we continue to play at this level we might even catch washington and have first place in the division. Anything can happen in a best of seven series in hockey. It's a completely different type of game.

This post was edited by ShowCase on Feb 23 2018 04:47pm
Feb 23 2018 04:54pm
Quote (ShowCase @ Feb 23 2018 05:47pm)
Flyers definitely have a shot at making a run in the playoffs. This is hockey, not football. Everything changes in the playoffs. We just traded for a goalie that has a really good playoff record. We're 2 points away from getting a top spot and we'll likely play a lower seed and have home ice in the playoffs. If we continue to play at this level we might even catch washington and have first place in the division. Anything can happen in a best of seven series in hockey. It's a completely different type of game.

I'll get 5k fg and put you all in that the Flyers don't make it past the 1st round
Feb 23 2018 05:09pm
Quote (Sixers @ Feb 23 2018 11:41am)
Since the Eagles won the Super Bowl...

The Sixers are 6-0

The Flyers are 8-1

Yes, its contiguous.

:wacko:
Go Back To Football & Rugby Topic List
Prev1234568Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll