d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Love Line > Dilemma Dilemma
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 570.00
Feb 22 2018 06:00pm
I'll start by giving you a little bit of my background:

I've had my first gf when I was 17. Was not the best of relationships, I was young n dumb, cheated on her a few times (not something I'm proud of), one day I finally decided to act like a man and left her. I'm 21 by that time. After leaving her, I told myself I'd spend a good amount of time single to spend time with myself, meet different girls without starting a relationship. Well, 2 weeks later I meet a girl in a bar, we see each other again a few days later (just to have sex), but it didn't happen. We just talked, hung out and made out. She said she changed her mind and wouldn't have sex with me because she thought I wouldn't talk to her afterwards. She was probably right, so we hung out several times more, I got to know her, I got to know that she was dealing with pretty heavy stuff in her life, and we ended up being in a relationship for three years. This girl was different from the first, I did love her, but my desire for being alone and meeting more girls would always pop up, plus the fact that she was very attached to me and her problems were now my problems, which was a hard thing to deal with. I left her a little less than 3 weeks ago (been thinking on and off about it for more or less a year, it was a hard thing to do to break up with this girl, she was sweet).

Here I am, finally single at 24 y/o. I think that since I've been thinking about leaving my ex for a while, I had already done my grieving. I tell my friends at work, we go out and drink. We do it several nights and I make out with a girl at work. We end up having sex, both admitting to ourselves it's just sex. We've been seeing each other every day for about 2 weeks now, and recently she admitted she's been developing feelings for me... and I have too, unfortunately. I've never fell for a girl this fast in my life, we get along very very well, I've actually felt things with her I've never felt with any of my two ex's. On her side, she's been single for 4 years and she's ready to be in a relationship. We talked about it thoroughly, I told her it's not a good idea to go further and that we should stop seeing each other. It was sad times, she really seemed heartbroken and wrote me a nice message saying she understood and she supported my decision, and that she also thinks I should be taking time to discover and spend time with myself, even though she loves me (consider we've been working together for awhile, even though we were just strictly friends, she might have started developing a little something before I broke up with gf).

This is where we both fuck up. She asked if we could talk about it over a drink, I agreed and ended up sleeping at her place. It's just really difficult to leave each other alone. We're having a good time, we get along, and even though we're fully conscious that it might very well not work between us since I've still not had any time alone, we keep going. We go to gym together, she cooks me meals, sex is very good, we actually have good conversations... fuckin hell boys. I keep reminding her that one day I'll need that time, and if we don't stop now, it'll hurt a lot more later, but she still wants to see me.

One difficult thing that comes into play is that we work together. To not spend anymore time with her will already be difficult and if I decide to cut the string, I'll still be seeing her at work every week.

What do you make of this situation? What would you do? Need some advice boys

I just realized I got a little carried away and wrote an essay, here's tl;dr: been in 2 relationships for 7 years, needed time alone so i left gf, now i meet this new awesome girl, dunno wat do
Gold: 0.00
Feb 23 2018 04:42am
You gotta do what you think is right for you. But it sounds like you are a habitual relationship jumper.

My only advice is take some time to get to know yourself, find happiness and equilibrium being single.

Find some things you like to do a hobby perhaps, or work on physical aspect, go to the gym. Just make sure you feel good about you and what you want before you jump in again.

I also advise against dating where you work if it’s a serious career you are in, because if anything were to happen down the line you’ve always got a the sexual harassment lurking around the corner. But again you gotta do you.
Feb 23 2018 08:59am
Quote (Captain87 @ Feb 23 2018 05:42am)
You gotta do what you think is right for you. But it sounds like you are a habitual relationship jumper.

My only advice is take some time to get to know yourself, find happiness and equilibrium being single.

Find some things you like to do a hobby perhaps, or work on physical aspect, go to the gym. Just make sure you feel good about you and what you want before you jump in again.

I also advise against dating where you work if it’s a serious career you are in, because if anything were to happen down the line you’ve always got a the sexual harassment lurking around the corner. But again you gotta do you.

My gut feeling tells me to be alone. It's the very reason I left my ex. It's just counter-intuitive to do it since I'd spend my time 24/7 with this girl.

On another note, I've always had hobbies and I've always worked out and taken care of myself. I still feel like being in a relationship set my barriers, like I didn't have complete freedom. Well, I guess I have my answer lol.

Also, no worries about the work thing. I'm a student, I only work at this restaurant part time as a waiter.
Gold: 28,296.01
Feb 25 2018 08:18am
Sounds like your desire isn't to be alone it's to use females as your sexual toys and you stick around long enough for them to get attached and get yourself in a pickle which in itself is the pickle, the clash of what you want with what you are doing.

People (not just women) often get attached with time, it's completely normal. Time is an investment and people value their time and who they spend it with, usually.

If you wanna live a life of friends with benefits you're going to need to not be working with them or hanging out all of the time otherwise you're just going to keep having this problem.

I mainly think you have a lot of growing up to do, just try to not leave a trail of broken hearts while you " figure yourself out". I know you aren't out to hurt people but intentions don't mean much when our actions are still getting negative results.
Gold: 1,495.80
Feb 25 2018 08:30am
You know you want to be alone
But you’re leading them on
Don’t be a dick
Gold: 5,113.60
Feb 26 2018 11:53pm
Do you enjoy the time you spend with her more or the time you spend without her more? Your decision should be obvious based on whichever answer you choose. But whichever one you choose, don't be a bitch. Either stop seeing her completely or stop it with the "I need to be alone and discover myself" shit. I was in a relationship from the time I was 16 to 26 with literally 1 day in between my two relationships. I can tell you from experience that there isn't a lot to discover. Either you wanna be with her or you don't.
Feb 28 2018 05:31pm
Good advice men, thank you
Gold: 191.00
Mar 13 2018 01:52pm
Definitely do not date someone you work with. I always heard that before but met a really sweet girl I had a lot in common with. We started dating nd had wonderful times out together and the sex was amazing...however it burnt out in flames. She ended up having an anger problem and boy was it bad. Luckily I found another better paying job before we split but she ended up dating another guy from that same job 2 weeks later lol. Be cautious
Gold: 1.68
May 3 2018 12:18am
u can always find a new job
Go Back To Love Line Topic List
Add Reply New Topic New Poll