d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Computers & IT > Computer Building > Looking For Some Help Picking A Setup Between 2 > Also Wondering About Sacrafices
Prev12
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 6,839.57
Feb 23 2018 09:47am
Thank dcss, that's the kind of explaination I was looking for and kind of what I was thinking after watching a week of videos and reading. I doubt I will play more then blizzard games the main one being diablo 2 and classics, then hearth stone, hots, and overwatch, maybe clash royale, and possibly the one most people are saying if I run mid settings I'll be play pubg. I really want to use this machine to run ableton live as well, it's a music program.

I'm going to invest on a Seagate 1tb 7200rpm 64mb cache for 45bucks this week, and I was thinking of getting a m.2 ssd Samsung 960 somewhere in the next two months, then I was going to possibly go for a decent monitor.

Because that's the main reason I didn't go crazy with the gpu too, I can't afford a $300 monitor with all the bells and whistles.
Gold: 84.10
Feb 23 2018 10:56am
Quote (DCSS @ Feb 22 2018 05:27pm)
it's not necessarily unbalanced.. depends on his resolution

1080p it should be more than fine
or if he plays cpu intensive games at all.

That aside, it is always best to get a better cpu if you can, gpu is whatever, there's practically no limit to the amount of fidelity you can sacrifice to get more and more fps out of your gpu, either by lowering settings or even upscaling but if you hit a cpu related fps wall there is almost nothing you can do. You are stuck. A strong cpu is just a great investment, your next gpu upgrade in however many years will pair well with the 8700k. Gpu's and the technologies they support come and go and a high-end gpu is never worth it unless you want 4k max settings on current games only because it will probably lose tons of performance or even be unusable as a result of lack of proper support within 3-4 years even though it still has enough horsepower in theory.

gtx 780 ti is the saddest example of this, such a strong card in terms of raw number crunching even by today's standard and yet it performs like absolute ass in new games due to the arch being old and new games not being coded for it. Tesla gtx 2xx series had no dx11 support and were basically useless within 2 yrs of launch. CPU's on the other hand do not encounter this sort of fuckery in general so popping most of your budget on it is not a bad idea. It's not like the 1070 is a shit card anyway, so...

Oh yeah and upgrading your gpu is much simpler, just pop a new one in there but if you want a new cpu will probly need new mobo maybe even new memory. So get the best cpu you can now to better reap the benefits of your next upgrade.

One last thing to consider... and this is pretty important... the kind of games that require something like a 1080 ti i.e AAA games are almost all garbage, the current state of the game industry is an absolute wasteland. The most fun you'll have is from indie titles that would gain more from having big dick coffee lake cores.

I love you
Gold: Locked
Warn: 60%
Feb 23 2018 01:14pm
Quote (yupitsmeh @ Feb 23 2018 12:56pm)
I love you

Feb 23 2018 05:26pm
Anyone else have input, would it be worth getting the msi carbon a.c. mobo? I should of got it off the rip but the stupid ibuypower site wanted too much and the promos I originally had when I created the computer were gone so I had to downsize a bit, also would it be worth upgrading the cooling system and getting a fan speed touch screen controller?
Gold: 84.10
Feb 23 2018 07:32pm
Quote (eyeslow @ Feb 23 2018 06:26pm)
Anyone else have input, would it be worth getting the msi carbon a.c. mobo? I should of got it off the rip but the stupid ibuypower site wanted too much and the promos I originally had when I created the computer were gone so I had to downsize a bit, also would it be worth upgrading the cooling system and getting a fan speed touch screen controller?

touchscreen no

need complete details again of whats going on
Gold: 92.71
Warn: 50%
Feb 23 2018 07:32pm
Quote (eyeslow @ Feb 23 2018 06:26pm)

bro youre financing this shit and wanting to add a larger cooler better mobo and a touchscreen controller

WHAT?!?!?!??!?!?
Feb 23 2018 08:31pm
Quote (WhoBut_WBMason @ Feb 23 2018 08:32pm)
bro youre financing this shit and wanting to add a larger cooler better mobo and a touchscreen controller

WHAT?!?!?!??!?!?

Well I would never get a better mobo without knowing I had the extra cash and had a sale for the one in it or a family memeber willing to build with it, but the cooler i didn't have much a choice their options were way more expensive then buying outright and would of stopped me from getting other things that would of been way more expensive if I got them from a store.

I was just throwing some things out there too just kind of wondering if there's anything I should look forward to adding in the future or if there is anything I can get soon that would be beneficial to the build for the long run.

Just because it's finance doesn't mean I don't want to add to it ya know.

This post was edited by eyeslow on Feb 23 2018 08:33pm
Gold: 92.71
Warn: 50%
Feb 24 2018 07:02pm
Quote (eyeslow @ Feb 23 2018 09:31pm)
Well I would never get a better mobo without knowing I had the extra cash and had a sale for the one in it or a family memeber willing to build with it, but the cooler i didn't have much a choice their options were way more expensive then buying outright and would of stopped me from getting other things that would of been way more expensive if I got them from a store.

I was just throwing some things out there too just kind of wondering if there's anything I should look forward to adding in the future or if there is anything I can get soon that would be beneficial to the build for the long run.

Just because it's finance doesn't mean I don't want to add to it ya know.

this is why people work until they die
Feb 25 2018 01:46am
Quote (WhoBut_WBMason @ Feb 24 2018 08:02pm)
this is why people work until they die

Maybe lol, I mean I tried to read as much as possible but the promos changed daily so was hard to figure out what wad least expensive to upgrade after the purchase I think I did okay though wish I had the msi carbon mobo or the Asus rog strix with the 1080ti gpu but they mobos way cheaper outside their site and the gpus prices are just way to much for someone on my budget no matter how I got it. Only thing I truly want is to make sure I have enough fans and a nzxt 240mm cpu cooler cause it looks really nice and I feel like I will be able to game for more consecutive hours without over heating. We will see if that's even necessary though.
Go Back To Computer Building Topic List
Prev12
Add Reply New Topic New Poll