d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Sports Coliseum > Health & Fitness > Kettlebells > Questions.
12Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Retired Moderator
Gold: 505.00
Trader: Trusted
Feb 21 2018 10:08am
Folks, I've worked with kettlebells before but I want to binge on them in March. I'm curious to find out what kettlebell workouts you might recommend, and whether they combine with HIIT/cardio, general resistance training, or athletic training (etc).

My goal is to learn more about exercising with kettlebells because I've never really explored them outside of their involvement in some athletic training programs. Not converting from barbells and basketball to kettlebells but just checking beneath the skirt of the kettlebell universe.

Yt videos, pdfs, online programs welcomed :)
Gold: 165.00
Feb 21 2018 12:31pm
@jimmy
Gold: 2,945.50
Feb 21 2018 01:03pm
Youtube Tsatsouline (not sure if correct spelling), he has alot of stuff on it.
Retired Moderator
Feb 21 2018 02:01pm
Quote (HyphyIll @ 21 Feb 2018 14:31)
@jimmy

Will see if I can find. What's his platform? Or is that a d2jsper?

Quote (PlaaD @ 21 Feb 2018 15:03)

Will do, ty :)
Gold: 13,142.01
Feb 21 2018 07:52pm
Quote (RewtheBrave @ Feb 21 2018 12:08pm)
Folks, I've worked with kettlebells before but I want to binge on them in March. I'm curious to find out what kettlebell workouts you might recommend, and whether they combine with HIIT/cardio, general resistance training, or athletic training (etc).

My goal is to learn more about exercising with kettlebells because I've never really explored them outside of their involvement in some athletic training programs. Not converting from barbells and basketball to kettlebells but just checking beneath the skirt of the kettlebell universe.

Yt videos, pdfs, online programs welcomed :)

Kettlebell swings - one handed and two handed, with a single kettlebell you can try switching hands with each rep without losing momentum
Kettlebell farmer carry - either two kettlebells or one, one is better cause it teaches you to use your obliques
Kettlebell snatch
Kettlebell side crunch
Kettlebell pistol grip / bottom up carry
Kettlebell pistol grip / bottom up press
Kettlebell shoulder press
Kettlebell goblet squat
Kettlebell Turkish get-up
Kettlebell arm bar
Kettlebell rows
Kettlebell pushups (harder than with dumbells because of they are less stable).

Kettle bell swings and snatch are my favorite kettle bell exercises :p.

This post was edited by PartyInMyPants on Feb 21 2018 07:54pm
Gold: 4,000.12
Feb 21 2018 08:40pm
Look up Primal.Swoledier on Instagram or if you’re not on IG I think his YouTube might be Eric Leija.

Dude has 135k followers on IG and he constantly posts kettlebell ‘flows’. And his mrs is fine af
Retired Moderator
Feb 22 2018 08:46am
Quote (PartyInMyPants @ 21 Feb 2018 21:52)
Kettlebell swings - one handed and two handed, with a single kettlebell you can try switching hands with each rep without losing momentum
Kettlebell farmer carry - either two kettlebells or one, one is better cause it teaches you to use your obliques
Kettlebell snatch
Kettlebell side crunch
Kettlebell pistol grip / bottom up carry
Kettlebell pistol grip / bottom up press
Kettlebell shoulder press
Kettlebell goblet squat
Kettlebell Turkish get-up
Kettlebell arm bar
Kettlebell rows
Kettlebell pushups (harder than with dumbells because of they are less stable).

Kettle bell swings and snatch are my favorite kettle bell exercises :p.

ty :) I know these exercises although I never thought to try a crunch or push up with a kettlebell. I don't think I'd ever try a kettle push-up because it's unstable. The Turkishes are something I've suffered through in athletic training. Good exercise, probably my favourite & least favourite with kettlebells.

Quote (uGhost @ 21 Feb 2018 22:40)
Look up Primal.Swoledier on Instagram or if you’re not on IG I think his YouTube might be Eric Leija.

Dude has 135k followers on IG and he constantly posts kettlebell ‘flows’. And his mrs is fine af

Will do, the 'flows' may help as I'd like fluid programming with them to get them done efficiently. ty :)

Quote (PlaaD @ 21 Feb 2018 15:03)

Enter the Kettlebell has been entered. Russians teaching anything in English is the best entertainment ever. ty

This post was edited by RewtheBrave on Feb 22 2018 09:43am
Gold: 450.51
Feb 22 2018 02:30pm
Warning: overexposure to kettlebells increase your chances of holding pomchis
Retired Moderator
Feb 22 2018 03:49pm
Quote (GodisLove @ 22 Feb 2018 16:30)
Warning: overexposure to kettlebells increase your chances of holding pomchis

I didn't even know what a pomchi was until reading your post :O I don't plan to invest myself in kettlebells for very long. I want to learn more about them and use them for athletic training, and I also want to get more familiar with them to program some work with them for some of my clients.

I betcha Lenny has touched a kettlebell or two in his day.
Gold: 450.51
Feb 24 2018 11:12am
Hehe, Jimmy posted a picture once with one of those little fuckers on his arm :D

Whenever I see people do kettlebell swings, I see 90% of them doing it wrong. To me, they require too much momentum.

Guess they are fine with light weight for the housewife style full-body routines. Also, a nice test to see the motor skills of people you train.
Go Back To Health & Fitness Topic List
12Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll