d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Sports Coliseum > Health & Fitness > Anyone Ever Gotten Real Bad Cramps > After Going Hard Af In The Gym
12Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 4,000.12
Feb 19 2018 09:02pm
I swear most days after the gym (usually kicks in several hours after) I get real crampy muscles. Not the most painful cramps I’ve ever had but they cramp hella quick.

Like for instance, after leg day, I’m chilling or doing stuff for a few hours then later at night I’m sitting at home watching tv and I gotta be careful about the way I get up because if I get up too fast my quads are gonna pop.

Same with biceps after back/arm day - when these bitches cop a full stretch anything can happen.

Anyway, I drink like 2-3+ litres of water at the gym during my 1.5 hour workouts. Perhaps that’s the reason? Too much water flushing out sodium?

Anyone else experience this shite?
Gold: 2,407.00
Feb 20 2018 06:29am
Nah but sometimes I get calf cramps when doing calf raises.
Gold: 680.00
Warn: 10%
Feb 20 2018 06:33am
Inadequate salts
Gold: 11.58
Feb 20 2018 07:16am
become more flexible
Gold: 0.46
Feb 20 2018 08:02am
The studies says that there's no REAL reasons for cramps, but there's alot of theories that could help you lower the incidence of them:
As dbutiki said: inadequate salts, so you could try to get something that will help your boost up your electrolytes
As cloudkicker said: if you're not flexible enough, could cause them
You said you were drinking ''too much water'', but there's a theory that says that being hydrated could help lower the incidence
Other than that, a good meal post-workout could help, as there's another theory that says that lacking carbs in your body could be a precipitant factor
And finally, try to avoid contracting in a stretched position post-workout.
Gold: 4,000.12
Feb 20 2018 05:11pm
Quote (cloudkicker @ Feb 21 2018 12:16am)
become more flexible

How flexible? I’m pretty flexible already

Quote (Betrayed @ Feb 21 2018 01:02am)
The studies says that there's no REAL reasons for cramps, but there's alot of theories that could help you lower the incidence of them:
As dbutiki said: inadequate salts, so you could try to get something that will help your boost up your electrolytes
As cloudkicker said: if you're not flexible enough, could cause them
You said you were drinking ''too much water'', but there's a theory that says that being hydrated could help lower the incidence
Other than that, a good meal post-workout could help, as there's another theory that says that lacking carbs in your body could be a precipitant factor
And finally, try to avoid contracting in a stretched position post-workout.

Yeah think I gotta start smashing Powerade or some shiz intra workout which would be kinda annoying since as I said I can drink 4-5 bottles of water in a workout.

I always try smash a hefty meal or mass gainer shake post workout within an hour or so (sometimes longer if I’ve eaten enough a few hours before working out) - something with a lot of refined and/or fast digesting, but also lots of protein.

And I usually finish my workout and target area with a loaded stretch.

Eg last direct bicep exercise is incline db where I get a massive stretch.
Last direct for chest is almost a Gironda style dip.
Last for back is a Dante Row type pull.
Retired Moderator
Gold: 505.00
Trader: Trusted
Feb 20 2018 05:35pm
try myofascial release & magnesium post workout

the magnesium may contribute toward prevention, but both are geared to help recovery :)

cramps suck balls. i got them all the time when i played hs/university varsity sports. it definitely connected to days when i sweated a lot -- electrolyte imbalance & fatigue are factors.
Gold: 15.80
Feb 20 2018 05:37pm
Coconut water >>
Gold: 0.00
Trader: Trusted
Feb 20 2018 07:44pm
Yes. Literally got one yesterday midway through sex. The inner muscle of my leg cramped from my knee to my groin with the most excruciating pain ever. I had to get her to run upstairs and get salt and a spoon, ate probably 3 tablespoons until it slowly subsided.
Gold: 11.58
Feb 20 2018 09:41pm
Quote (uGhost @ Feb 20 2018 07:11pm)
How flexible? I’m pretty flexible already

Yeah think I gotta start smashing Powerade or some shiz intra workout which would be kinda annoying since as I said I can drink 4-5 bottles of water in a workout.

I always try smash a hefty meal or mass gainer shake post workout within an hour or so (sometimes longer if I’ve eaten enough a few hours before working out) - something with a lot of refined and/or fast digesting, but also lots of protein.

And I usually finish my workout and target area with a loaded stretch.

Eg last direct bicep exercise is incline db where I get a massive stretch.
Last direct for chest is almost a Gironda style dip.
Last for back is a Dante Row type pull.

when you can do the front splits you may consider yourself flexible enough
Go Back To Health & Fitness Topic List
12Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll