d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > d2jsp > Site Suggestions > Site Suggestions Archive >
Poll > Scammer Lost Privileges > Account Name Changes
12Next
Closed New Topic New Poll
  Guests cannot view or vote in polls. Please register or login.
Gold: 37.00
Feb 16 2018 10:42am
I recently noticed a scammer, who after repaying immediately changed his name, donation stars, and etc. Now this user will go out in the trading market and trade (more than likely in the same area he scammed) under the guise that he is someone else. He or she may even have the gall to request another user to go first via the 2/3 rule.
This just a deceiving tactic.

I believe that users that have been locked as a scammer at any point should lose the privilege to change their account name.

This is out of respect to all users in the community that have ever been scammed and to keep the trading communities an honest environment.

Note this also leaves a security flaw in jsp by giving people who scammed the ability to sell their account to others who are willing to just repay the scams and take the account.

Edit:

I would love to hear everyone's input on this. :)

This post was edited by Morality on Feb 16 2018 10:47am
Gold: 8,590.00
Feb 16 2018 10:46am
110% agree.
There should also be a list of scammers once convicted with links to their userid
Gold: 134.21
Trader: Trusted
Feb 16 2018 10:54am
Voted no.

It takes a lot of work to become unlocked.
If and when they have the scammer tag removed they should be given back all privileges of any not rated user.

Everyone makes bad decisions in life. No need for eternal public shaming.
Feb 16 2018 11:00am
Quote (xaos4ever @ Feb 16 2018 11:54am)
Voted no.

If and when they have the scammer tag removed they should be given back all privileges of any not rated user.

I completely agree there's no need for shaming! If the the user in unlocked he should be able to trade with no spam or harassment (and our current rules enforce this). I personally believe owning up to what you've done is an important step to becoming a better user of the site, and a name change really just avoids that step of holding yourself accountable.

But also as I mentioned there are other risks involved with not enforcing this rule.
Retired Moderator
Gold: 100.00
Feb 16 2018 11:09am
Quote (Morality @ 16 Feb 2018 18:00)
I completely agree there's no need for shaming! If the the user in unlocked he should be able to trade with no spam or harassment (and our current rules enforce this). I personally believe owning up to what you've done is an important step to becoming a better user of the site, and a name change really just avoids that step of holding yourself accountable.

But also as I mentioned there are other risks involved with not enforcing this rule.

I fully agree to post 3.
You forgot one important thing: You can change your name, delete your profile and other things BUUUUT the user ID will remain always the same.
Retired Moderator
Gold: 95.00
Feb 16 2018 11:12am
Quote (Herolinda @ Feb 16 2018 12:09pm)
I fully agree to post 3.
You forgot one important thing: You can change your name, delete your profile and other things BUUUUT the user ID will remain always the same.

This.

Changing your name/donor stars means nothing when you can always be found via your user ID..
To find out what your user ID is, go to your profile and look at the link in the address bar. The last string of numbers is your ID number. Ex: My d2jsp user ID is 800823 ;)
Gold: 9,205.00
Feb 16 2018 12:01pm
What purpose does that serve? Unless you're looking to follow him around and call him a scammer or some shit like that.
I'm pretty sure majority of the victims are happy once they are repaid.
Feb 16 2018 04:01pm
Quote (HardyTarget @ Feb 16 2018 01:01pm)
What purpose does that serve? Unless you're looking to follow him around and call him a scammer or some shit like that.
I'm pretty sure majority of the victims are happy once they are repaid.

I think I explained myself pretty well in my original statement. Beyond the security reason I mentioned, I think a trading community is built on the traders and the trust between them. I guess I feel like that trust is compromised if we let those who burned others to change faces so casually. But everyone has their own own opinion and I was just sharing mine :p
Gold: 90.58
Feb 16 2018 04:08pm
Users should have the ability for repentance after they were forgiven and re-payed

I do like your motivations for the suggestion, however

This post was edited by JohnMiller92 on Feb 16 2018 04:09pm
Gold: 0.70
Warn: 50%
Feb 16 2018 04:08pm
Quote (xaos4ever @ Feb 16 2018 12:54pm)
Voted no.

It takes alot of work. More reason why they need to not have the same privileges when they get unlocked. I think the prevention of name change is a solid privilege removal and it's a good place to start. Something needs to be done in the scammer side of things. Too many occur and the rate never slows down.

Voted yes.

Maybe somewhere down the road they can earn privileges back.

Maybe in the same style of warn percentages being removed.

This post was edited by D_urRRR on Feb 16 2018 04:09pm
Go Back To Site Suggestions Archive Topic List
12Next
Closed New Topic New Poll