d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Entertainment Room > Movies & TV Shows > Looking For A Movie
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 178.00
Feb 15 2018 11:07am
I want to say it came out around 2013-2015, and was a drama. I remember the trailer had the 'The Connells - 74'-75' song in it. It was about this backwoods small town, and this younger guy stealing a few pot plants from the local redneck "gangsters" of those parts. I remember looking it up at the time, and one of those "gangsters" or antagonists, was a semi-famous country/folk singer in real life. He had a pretty long beard. I know he sang a song at some point in the movie at the local fair or some festival event. Everyone knew who he was, because of his status, so there was like a quite awe that had everyone transfixed.

Anyways, the younger guy that stole the pot plants from him, eventually sold them to this other guy, who lived in a camper, and didn't know where they came from. When he found out, he immediately brought them back to the hillbilly gangster dudes and paid extra for the "disturbance and inconvenience" that young guy had caused. I also remember them dealing drugs (meth I think), aside from the pot, and also running prostitutes out of there house. This guy tried to help this girl he knew, who was addicted to these guys's drugs, get clean and let her and the younger guy stay at his mobile home/trailer set up. I'm trying to remember more, and will update if I can think of anything else that might help. I know it was an indie movie and don't think it got a wide release, but I do remember it having one or two B-list/C-list actors I had seen before in other stuff. Especially the guy who was helping out the girl and the younger guy (might have been his uncle?), I know I had seen him in something before. He had dark hair, a little long, beard, wore thin-framed glasses.

If anyone could help, I would very much appreciate it!

TY

This post was edited by The_Doves on Feb 15 2018 11:07am
Gold: 63,142.89
Feb 15 2018 07:04pm
Superman IV: The Quest for Peace
Go Back To Movies & TV Shows Topic List
Add Reply New Topic New Poll