d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Culinary Arts > Carrot Cake > So Gud U Want To Slap To Slap Yo...
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 2.66
Feb 13 2018 02:20am
This is the best homemade carrot cake I ever had. The cream cheese frosting is better imo than the other regular frosting that bakeries use.

Carrot Cake

Ingredients:
1 ¼ cup & 1 Tbsp of All Purpose Flour
½ cup of Sugar
¼ cup of Brown Sugar
1 tsp of Baking Soda
2 tsp of Cinnamon
½ tsp of Salt
¼ tsp of Nutmeg
¾ cup of Vegetable Oil
2 Eggs
1 Tbsp of Vanilla Extract
1 tsp of Grated Orange Zest
1 ½ cups of Shredded Carrots
½ cup of Raisins

For the frosting:
6 tablespoons of Cream Cheese, at room temperature
¼ cup of Unsalted Butter, at room temperature
2 cups of Powdered Sugar
1 tbsp of Water
1 tsp of Vanilla
¼ tsp of Ground Cinnamon

1) Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.

2) Spray a 9-inch square baking pan with non stick cooking spray. Lay the bottom with parchment paper and set aside.

3) In a bowl toss together the carrots, raisins and the 1 Tbsp of flour until all of the carrots and raisins are coated with the flour.

4) In a large bowl mix together all of the ingredients until well combined. Add the carrots and raisins and mix until they are well incorporated through the batter.

5) Pour the batter into the prepared baking pan and bake for about 30 minutes or until when a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.

6) When the cake is ready, let it cool in the pan for a few minutes but then take it out and let it cool completely on a wire rack.

7) Once the cake is completely cooled, make the frosting my simply mixing all of the ingredients together until you get a nice thick frosting. If you need to, add a little more water by the teaspoonful to get a spreadable frosting consistency.

8) Adorn the cake with that incredible cream cheese frosting and let it set for a few minutes until the frosting begins to harden. Dig in whenever you like!

Note:

If tripling, bake for 55 minutes.
Gold: Locked
Trader: Scammer
Feb 14 2018 08:28am
thanks you :) !
Gold: 4,652.00
May 17 2018 01:57am
I'll have to try this one out
Go Back To Culinary Arts Topic List
Add Reply New Topic New Poll