d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > d2jsp > General Help > No Sound After Reformatting > Iso Help
Add Reply New Topic
Gold: 5,023.00
Feb 12 2018 03:19pm
Okay... Let me first of start by saying I'm very good with computers. But i've tried for 3 days now to get this to work and I'm just at my wits end.. Offering FG to any1 who can help me get sound to play. IDC if the sound only works when my headsets plugged in or my speakers as long as I can get sound somehow.

Heres the back story...

So about 6+ months ago my computer randomly stopped working I tried everything to fix it and couldn't so gave up for a few months. well about 4 days ago I started messing with the computer and got it to turn on and its been working ever since. I choose to reformat it because there was so much bs on it from last time I used it. I reformatted it ( windows 7 x64 ) and all was well. Installed all the drivers and started to install my blizzard game so I could finally play something besides Diablo 2 lol. Anyways after doing all of this the sound and all was working. Well I either restarted the comp or I turned it off to switch my PCI-E graphics card slot ( cant rem why ). And when I turned it back on there was no sound. I've tried reformatting several times ( about 3-4 times now ) tried even using different OS. But still nothing.. My computer shows the speakers plugged in and shows the green bar jumping up and down as it should when audio is playing. But no matter what it will not play sound. I get a bunch of static or just nothing. 1 time I heard a faint sound of what I was listening to play through but only when my speakers were turned to max. But it was mostly all static and such. I've tried a Headset and speakers, both produce same issues. I tried front and back audio port. Same issues.

For some reason I feel as if the computer thinks I have speakers or something plugged in already when I don't because if I unplug my speakers and such it still shows them connected I believe and when i try to switch over to headset nothing happens. I'm using Realtek audio drivers and that little dialogue box pops up and says "you just plugged in a device" but nothing happens.

Sorry for the huge wall of text. I literally don't know what else I can try. I've googled search some stuff nothing seems to help. It's weird because the sound was working fine before I restarted/turned my comp off and tried to switch PCI slots is when this all seemed to start ( not sure if related )

[ Computer Specs ]
Mobo: ASRock p67 Pro3 SE
CPU: Intel Core i7-2600k ( 8 cores )
Ram: 16g Ram
Graphics: HD Radeon 6800 ( pos i know )
Sound Drivers: Realtek

If you need anymore info please post or Pm and ill provide anything.

Offering FG to any1 who can help me with this. I am begging you at this point as I was so happy to fix my computer and actually be able to play more games than diablo 2 and now this BS sound issue is haunting me...

Sry for the wall of text.

**Edit* Im thinking of buying a 10$ USB-Audio port from amazon to try and bypass the mobo audio. Don't wanna have the same issue tho with that.

This post was edited by Complete420 on Feb 12 2018 03:41pm
Gold: 1.93
Feb 12 2018 05:03pm
Try a set of usb headphones.
Gold: 0.00
Feb 12 2018 05:07pm
install sound drivers?
Feb 13 2018 02:02am
Quote (Plaguefear @ Feb 12 2018 06:03pm)
Try a set of usb headphones.

dnt have any but not a bad idea, ty.

and yes Heisemborg the sound drivers are installed.
Gold: 0.00
Feb 13 2018 05:28am
PM'd. I will track this.
Gold: 8.00
Trader: Trusted
Feb 13 2018 05:35am
Use this steps and let me know if it worked !

1. Press “Windows” + “R” keys to load the Run dialog box.
2. Type “services.msc” and press Enter.
3. From the Services list in the right pane, check if the “Windows Audio” service is “Started”.
4. If the “Windows Audio” service is not started, then:
a.) Double click to open “Windows Audio” properties and set the “Startup Type” to “Automatic”.
b.) Click “OK” & restart your computer
5. After the restart, check if your Audio card is working now, otherwise continue to resolve the error by following the step below.

Delete Sound Card’s invalid registry keys.

1. Open Windows Registry Editor. To do that:
a.) Press “Windows” + “R” keys to load the Run dialog box.
b.) Type “regedit” and press Enter.
2. Inside Windows Registry, navigate (from the left pane) and highlight this key:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\{4D36E96C-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}

3. At the right pane click to highlight the “UpperFilters” key.

4. Click the “Edit” menu and select “Delete”.

5. Perform the same action (Delete) with the “LowerFilters” key, if found.

6. Close Registry Editor.

7. Restart your computer.

8. Now check if your sound card works.
Feb 14 2018 04:21pm
Quote (TheElderGod @ Feb 13 2018 06:35am)
Use this steps and let me know if it worked !

1. Press “Windows” https://i.imgur.com/nAygvwY.png + “R” keys to load the Run dialog box.
2. Type “services.msc” and press Enter.
3. From the Services list in the right pane, check if the “Windows Audio” service is “Started”.
4. If the “Windows Audio” service is not started, then:
a.) Double click to open “Windows Audio” properties and set the “Startup Type” to “Automatic”.
b.) Click “OK” & restart your computer
5. After the restart, check if your Audio card is working now, otherwise continue to resolve the error by following the step below.

Delete Sound Card’s invalid registry keys.

1. Open Windows Registry Editor. To do that:
a.) Press “Windows” + “R” keys to load the Run dialog box.
b.) Type “regedit” and press Enter.
2. Inside Windows Registry, navigate (from the left pane) and highlight this key:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\{4D36E96C-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}

3. At the right pane click to highlight the “UpperFilters” key.

4. Click the “Edit” menu and select “Delete”.

5. Perform the same action (Delete) with the “LowerFilters” key, if found.

6. Close Registry Editor.

7. Restart your computer.

8. Now check if your sound card works.

Open to all Idea, so I will try this and get back to you. Appreciate you taking the time to try and help.

I'm also ordering a USB-Audio External sound card to try and bypass the mobo sound and well see if that works.
Gold: 2,262.00
Feb 15 2018 02:44am
install TeamViewer on it, launch a connexion from another pc/phone and let us know if you hear sounds from this pc/phone when playing D2/youtube.
Feb 16 2018 10:45pm
Quote (88stefan88 @ Feb 15 2018 03:44am)
install TeamViewer on it, launch a connexion from another pc/phone and let us know if you hear sounds from this pc/phone when playing D2/youtube.

I will try, n get back to u.

All other ideas have not worked. ty for the ideas tho. I ordered a USB Sound card should be here Sunday. Will see if that changes anything.
Go Back To General Help Topic List
Add Reply New Topic