d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Entertainment Room > Movies & TV Shows > The Holy Trinity Of Pleb
Prev1234Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 23.00
Feb 12 2018 08:03pm
Quote (jadeoshbogosh @ Feb 12 2018 08:51pm)
Agreed. GoT has some problems, and it's become a bit meh towards the end, but what made it great in the beginning, is still why it's an amazing show. Great dialogue, terrific story, a vast and complicated world that you're completely sucked into while watching. GoT is great. People out there hating on BB are just clueless. Show was at it's worst pretty good, and at it's best phenomenal. Walter Jr was the weakest part of the show, but everyone else delivered bear perfect performances.

I can understand not liking them. But to say they aren't good is just so wrong.

I know this is off topic but have you ever watched Justified? Started watching it and it's surprisingly not that bad. It isn't top tier but it isn't mediocre like I was expecting. I figured it was like the generic crime shows like NCIS, CSI, etc.
Gold: 63,142.89
Feb 12 2018 09:53pm
Gold: 250.00
Warn: 10%
Feb 12 2018 10:44pm
Quote (EmericAn @ Feb 12 2018 05:06pm)
In what was was Walt Jr weakest part of the show. I thought the actor did a great drop portraying him

Besides him being a terrible actor who detracted from the entire show with his annoying voice, whining and idiocy from start to end? You don't have to cheer for a cripple just because they're a cripple. Just like that retarded guy who does horrible standup, but just because he's retarded his shows are always full and people laugh at jokes they wouldn't even chuckle at if said by a normal person. Not sure if that's what's going on here with Walt Jr, but I can't fathom how anyone could legitimately believe his painfully bad character and portrayl was anything but annoying.

He adds nothing to the show, and his monotone high pitched whine should be enough to make anyone hate him. There are worse people in the show, hut they're worse because they're playing their roll well (Marie/Skyler), but he's the only zero talent actor of the bunch.

E: I agree with you Blah. Hated everyone in his family but Hank, and even he was just a meathead dumbass, but a likeable one at least.

Still loved the show and regardless of whether or not I felt a disconnect on the family/Walt's motivation, I still loved the show.

@Fuzzy Parents told me to watch it forever ago and I knew I'd like it cause I love Timothy Olyphant, but I just assumed it'd be mediocre and investing however many seasons in it might be too much for me. I'll watch at some point.

This post was edited by jadeoshbogosh on Feb 12 2018 10:48pm
Gold: 10,025.00
Feb 12 2018 10:48pm
Quote (jadeoshbogosh @ Feb 12 2018 09:44pm)
Besides him being a terrible actor who detracted from the entire show with his annoying voice, whining and idiocy from start to end? You don't have to cheer for a cripple just because they're a cripple. Just like that retarded guy who does horrible standup, but just because he's retarded his shows are always full and people laugh at jokes they wouldn't even chuckle at if said by a normal person. Not sure if that's what's going on here with Walt Jr, but I can't fathom how anyone could legitimately believe his painfully bad character and portrayl was anything but annoying.

He adds nothing to the show, and his monotone high pitched whine should be enough to make anyone hate him. There are worse people in the show, hut they're worse because they're playing their roll well (Marie/Skyler), but he's the only zero talent actor of the bunch.

Don't want to detract from your point, because I 100% agree that challenged people should be treated normal, but there are some jokes which legitimately are only funny from a challenged person... Because they are making light of their own situation, which wouldn't play well if you didn't have whatever condition.

This post was edited by Blah58 on Feb 12 2018 10:49pm
Feb 12 2018 10:52pm
Quote (Blah58 @ Feb 12 2018 08:48pm)
Don't want to detract from your point, because I 100% agree that challenged people should be treated normal, but there are some jokes which legitimately are only funny from a challenged person... Because they are making light of their own situation, which wouldn't play well if you didn't have whatever condition.

I also hate the gimmick of comedians who use 50% of their time taking about a physical characteristic, just fucking kills it for me and it's lazy and uninspired imo. Fat guy doing fat jokes (Iglesias), black guy doing white jokes (rock is just too much for me, Murphy/Pryor had real talent), or mexican, or being a woman or being retarded. It's just boring to me.

You're right though, those jokes would get someone like me booed off stage lol.

This post was edited by jadeoshbogosh on Feb 12 2018 10:53pm
Feb 12 2018 11:08pm
Quote (jadeoshbogosh @ Feb 12 2018 09:52pm)
I also hate the gimmick of comedians who use 50% of their time taking about a physical characteristic, just fucking kills it for me and it's lazy and uninspired imo. Fat guy doing fat jokes (Iglesias), black guy doing white jokes (rock is just too much for me, Murphy/Pryor had real talent), or mexican, or being a woman or being retarded. It's just boring to me.

You're right though, those jokes would get someone like me booed off stage lol.

I remember seeing a disabled kid on Britain's got talent, was doing stand up, it was pretty funny. It wasn't just the home, he had pretty good delivery as well. Or a stand up with a stutter saying his dream was to be the voice of a gps (like tomtom or whatever) was pretty funny.

Not saying everyone who does it is funny, just saying some can make it funny and there is no way in hell a normal person would be able to have the same delivery.

This post was edited by Blah58 on Feb 12 2018 11:10pm
Feb 12 2018 11:43pm
Quote (Blah58 @ Feb 12 2018 09:08pm)
I remember seeing a disabled kid on Britain's got talent, was doing stand up, it was pretty funny. It wasn't just the home, he had pretty good delivery as well. Or a stand up with a stutter saying his dream was to be the voice of a gps (like tomtom or whatever) was pretty funny.

Not saying everyone who does it is funny, just saying some can make it funny and there is no way in hell a normal person would be able to have the same delivery.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying you're automatically terrible at something like that because of a disability, but I was thinking of this one routine in particular I watched where you'd think it was the funniest man alive based off the audiences laughter, but I didn't even crack a smile during the entire thing. I just hate when people are fake about anything, and this type of thing seems to always make people act disingenuous.

Anyways though, OP has posted this crap like a dozen times and he's obviously just desperate for attention. Regardless of how you feel about some.of the people in BB or GoT, they are great shows. TWD I'm not such a big fan, but I can acknowledge how good of a job some of the actors have done with it. I just got bored with the whole thing.
Feb 13 2018 12:01am
Quote (jadeoshbogosh @ Feb 12 2018 10:43pm)
Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying you're automatically terrible at something like that because of a disability, but I was thinking of this one routine in particular I watched where you'd think it was the funniest man alive based off the audiences laughter, but I didn't even crack a smile during the entire thing. I just hate when people are fake about anything, and this type of thing seems to always make people act disingenuous.

Anyways though, OP has posted this crap like a dozen times and he's obviously just desperate for attention. Regardless of how you feel about some.of the people in BB or GoT, they are great shows. TWD I'm not such a big fan, but I can acknowledge how good of a job some of the actors have done with it. I just got bored with the whole thing.

Twd is definitely an up and down kind of show. Some seasons are amazing, some are a dumpster fire.
Gold: 2,004.41
Feb 13 2018 12:05am
jade stalks my threads and writes paragraphs
he really needs help with his mental illness :bouncy:
Gold: 25.20
Feb 13 2018 12:21am
Quote (Sakuraba @ Feb 13 2018 12:05am)
jade stalks my threads and writes paragraphs
he really needs help with his mental illness :bouncy:

You're posting in one of his most active subforums

You're delusional
Go Back To Movies & TV Shows Topic List