d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Diablo II > Diablo 2 Discussion > Possible Gold Bug?
Prev12
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 691.02
Feb 16 2018 07:10pm
Noob
Gold: 98,506.50
Feb 18 2018 11:51am
Quote (borracho @ Feb 17 2018 01:55am)
this seems to have been the case. I was testing it again and when picking up second batch of gold I saw that half of one pick up xfered to partied character. but only happened once. tried many times picking up gold near both partied characters and it only went to the one doing the picking. whats the mechanic behind this anyone knows?

1) You drop a big pile of gold on the ground from a high lvl character, let's say 900 K using a lvl 90 character.
2) A lower lvl char picks up the gold but can't hold so much because of the lower lvl. The char picks up the gold pile but only so much as it can hold. The remaining gold drops on the ground again. Up to this point none of the gold has been split. Char 2 holds full inventory of gold, rest on the ground.
3) The remaining gold on the ground now somehow has the same status as if it was dropped by a monster. If char 1 & 2 are in a party the remaining gold will be split between the two chars. It doesn't matter if char 1 or char 2 picks up the remaining gold, in both cases the remaining gold will be split between the two.

That's from my own bit of testing after I noticed this happening while gambling away large piles of gold using a low lvl character
Go Back To Diablo 2 Discussion Topic List
Prev12
Add Reply New Topic New Poll