d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > Sex Offender Fire Chief
Prev123Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 0.00
Feb 10 2018 10:18pm
sounds like the digging has gotten harder....i fucking love it
Gold: 1,281.69
Feb 10 2018 10:23pm
Quote (Ghot @ Feb 11 2018 12:17pm)
I don't know, and neither does anyone else.
But the first thing that did come to mind was maybe it was some divorce thing, or w/e.

Point is, I don't think we are qualified to even discuss or debate it. I'm sure the local town people know all about it, and they don't seem to care.
We are only seeing what some Canadian newspaper or w/e had to say about it.

I mean I can see how the article came to be. Slice of life story and someone finds a sex offender link on the internet.
Even the article itself didn't seem to take sides, they just reported it.

He was literally convicted of raping a 4 year old child, why are you defending him like this is just the latest #metoo rumour?
Feb 10 2018 10:49pm
Quote (Ghot @ Feb 10 2018 09:17pm)
I don't know, and neither does anyone else.
But the first thing that did come to mind was maybe it was some divorce thing, or w/e.

Point is, I don't think we are qualified to even discuss or debate it. I'm sure the local town people know all about it, and they don't seem to care.
We are only seeing what some Canadian newspaper or w/e had to say about it.

I mean I can see how the article came to be. Slice of life story and someone finds a sex offender link on the internet.
Even the article itself didn't seem to take sides, they just reported it.

lol
Gold: 10,655.00
Feb 11 2018 12:08am
Quote (Condemn @ Feb 10 2018 11:23pm)
He was literally convicted of raping a 4 year old child, why are you defending him like this is just the latest #metoo rumour?

He plead guilty according to the article. Then served a 5 to 10 year sentence.
My point is the town feels it's OK for him to be a volunteer fireman. I'm sure they have a handle on it.
Gold: 3.33
Feb 11 2018 12:46am
“The firemen have always elected their own officers and that’s how it’s always been done. We don’t question their decisions.”

Makes you wonder about the other firemen
Warn: 20%
Feb 11 2018 01:30am
Quote (WeAwait @ 11 Feb 2018 07:46)
“The firemen have always elected their own officers and that’s how it’s always been done. We don’t question their decisions.”

was thinking the same. maybe they weren't aware of his past? relatively unlikely though - i'd be surprised since firefighters usually have very close bonds since they literally depend on each other for their lives.
maybe it's just that in the context of their work he has proven to be a great guy and they didn't consider the optics and politics of it?
Gold: 285.00
Feb 11 2018 01:39am
Quote (Ghot @ Feb 10 2018 08:18pm)
I would have to agree that the age of the victim, makes this instance seriously fucked up.

However, we and the article don't really know exactly what happened in this instance 20 years ago.
Even though the guy plead guilty, and is now a registered sex offender, we still don't know what exactly happened.

I would think this small town's locals know far more about this than we do. In this case I think we should bow to their read on the situation.

You will mitigate the circumstances for anything lol.

He is going into homes and being around vulnerable people.

On a hilarious related note, one of my reoccurring patients with severe borderline personality disorder started volunteering on a suicide crisis line, and gets ideas for self harm from the people calling in.

Quote (WeAwait @ Feb 11 2018 01:46am)

And that is why tradition is a poor excuse for anything.

This post was edited by Skinned on Feb 11 2018 01:51am
Feb 11 2018 01:50am
Quote (Skinned @ Feb 11 2018 02:39am)
You will mitigate the circumstances for anything lol.

He is going into homes and being around vulnerable people.

On a hilarious related note, one of my reoccurring patients with severe borderline personality disorder started volunteering on a suicide crisis line, and gets ideas for self harm from the people calling in.

Firemen generally don't do anything, by themselves.
And people aren't usually inside during a fire.

What's the other option? He never is allowed to work again?
Or are all the other fireman who voted for him just cretins with no feelings at all?
Gold: 285.00
Feb 11 2018 01:54am
Quote (Ghot @ Feb 11 2018 02:50am)
Firemen generally don't do anything, by themselves.
And people aren't usually inside during a fire.

What's the other option? He never is allowed to work again?
Or are all the other fireman who voted for him just cretins with no feelings at all?

They might be idiots, or they could just be making an emotional decision like "I like him on an interpersonal level, so I'll let the raping the four year old thing fly. He said it was complicated and he seems legit".

He can work again, not for local authorities, not serving vulnerable people, because firefighters respond to medical and other crisis situations as much as fire.

And yes the other firemen are cretins with poor judgement and way too much feelings. Their feelings are getting in the way of their brains.

Would the other firemen let that man be alone with their child? Would you? I'm not sure, you have profoundly bad judgement IMO :)
Feb 11 2018 01:58am
Quote (Skinned @ Feb 11 2018 02:54am)
They might be idiots, or they could just be making an emotional decision like "I like him on an interpersonal level, so I'll let the raping the four year old thing fly. He said it was complicated and he seems legit".

He can work again, not for local authorities, not serving vulnerable people, because firefighters respond to medical and other crisis situations as much as fire.

And yes the other firemen are cretins with poor judgement and way too much feelings. Their feelings are getting in the way of their brains.

Would the other firemen let that man be alone with their child? Would you? I'm not sure, you have profoundly bad judgement IMO :)

I don't buy that (bolded).
Like I said they work in pairs at minimum and it's volunteer firemen. I don't think they do medical etc.

/e No, I don't think raping 4 year olds is OK, but thanks for asking. :/

/e Volunteer firemen aren't paid and are really only firemen reserves sort of. Like if the fire is too big for the county firemen. He's not gonna be alone.

This post was edited by Ghot on Feb 11 2018 02:02am
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev123Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll