d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Entertainment Room > Movies & TV Shows > Movie Club 2: Tombstone (1993) > February 11 - 17
Prev1345
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 102.37
Feb 17 2018 08:08am
Ok, so I’ve just seen it, and I have to admit that I didn’t like it. Everything just screams "Hollywood" with glitter and sprinkels on top. It just looks clean, artificial and polished. Nothing looks dirty and authentic in this western world . Everything feels out of place, even Kurt Russel. The acting of the supporting and main cast was realy cringy from time to time and some dialogues were unbearable to watch…
But I have to admit that I liked the first bar scene, it creates a nice atmosphere and the gun slinging with the shot glass was pretty funny. Besides that it didn’t have some memoreable moments for me.
I just prefer the Sergio Leone Westerns, they realy create a great and dirty atmosphere with a believable world and setdesign, supported by a wonderful soundtrack from Ennio Morricone.
Well that’s my opinion, it just didn’t catch me and broke the immersion everytime I felt like I am in the world.
Gold: 92.71
Warn: 50%
Feb 17 2018 12:01pm
Quote (ChuzzeL @ Feb 17 2018 09:08am)
Ok, so I’ve just seen it, and I have to admit that I didn’t like it. Everything just screams "Hollywood" with glitter and sprinkels on top. It just looks clean, artificial and polished. Nothing looks dirty and authentic in this western world . Everything feels out of place, even Kurt Russel. The acting of the supporting and main cast was realy cringy from time to time and some dialogues were unbearable to watch…

i felt the same
Gold: 92.71
Warn: 50%
Feb 17 2018 12:03pm
Quote (napsterz0r @ Feb 17 2018 07:39am)
to be honest i didnt know any of the names, just maiby by hearing but the story behind them

Yes i saw that, or maiby he wanted the kill for himself, since they had arguments from the start

not really sure how youve never heard of doc holiday or wyatt earp
Gold: 39,837.69
Feb 17 2018 12:05pm
Quote (ChuzzeL @ Feb 17 2018 09:08am)
But I have to admit that I liked the first bar scene, it creates a nice atmosphere and the gun slinging with the shot glass was pretty funny. Besides that it didn’t have some memoreable moments for me.
I just prefer the Sergio Leone Westerns, they realy create a great and dirty atmosphere with a believable world and setdesign, supported by a wonderful soundtrack from Ennio Morricone.
Well that’s my opinion, it just didn’t catch me and broke the immersion everytime I felt like I am in the world.

That’s how they acted in the late 80s and early 90s
Gold: 10,025.00
Feb 17 2018 01:14pm
I was watching the movie yesterday and stored at about half way because as I said in another thread I'm super fucking sick and wanted to sleep. Continuing it now and so far my thoughts are:

1) it's well made, all the cinematography holds up really well which is impressive for an older film. Usually you can tell how shit the equipment they had back then was. But it looks like it could have been filmed recently.
2) the acting is really good
3) mustaches creep me the fuck out
4) I didn't know that the term cowboy originated as like a gang thing, kinda neat.
5) around 45 minutes into the movie they start mentioning room service a lot, but I'm pretty sure room service wasn't a thing until the 1930s. Was a bit distracting.
6) there are some pretty good lines. So far my favourite was the drink piano player "I have two guns, one for each of you". Pretty gold.
7) Westerns generally bore me, from seeing movies I think that Cowboys and Indians and Westerns and shit are pretty big in America... I wonder if it's a culture thing or a me thing. Anyone else who isn't American want to weigh in on this?

Will update more when I'm done.
Go Back To Movies & TV Shows Topic List
Prev1345
Add Reply New Topic New Poll