d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > Where Are All The Net Neutrality Comments?
Prev123Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 17,384.69
Feb 8 2018 06:31am
Who care, they desserved it
Gold: 0.00
Warn: 40%
Feb 8 2018 06:54am
Quote (Ghot @ Feb 8 2018 04:09am)
The fact that the US debt is somewhere around 20 trillion says that this isn't true.

Highest spending* i guess i ment

I for one welcome our chinese overlords
Warn: 40%
Feb 8 2018 07:10am
Quote (Snyft2 @ Feb 8 2018 04:10am)
idk its just funny to me that everyone was like "net neutrality or death" just a few months ago, and now they just poofed like a duped d2 rune :unsure: same as the ebola panic a year ago

also there were daily posts making fun of trump all over sjw sites like 9gag, now not a single to be found :unsure: !

Quote (tonerbond @ Feb 8 2018 03:36am)
Blueshare

I already dun told you
Gold: 57.00
Feb 8 2018 07:45am
everyone who died from net neutrality decision also died from the tax bill. RIP in Peace
Gold: 22,189.49
Feb 8 2018 08:08am
Quote (excellence @ Feb 8 2018 07:45am)
everyone who died from net neutrality decision also died from the tax bill. RIP in Peace

Gold: 18,534.02
Feb 8 2018 08:16am
Quote (excellence @ Feb 8 2018 08:45am)

I've died twice now. If Trump has his parade, I will have died thrice this presidential term.

Rest in Pieces Djman72,
Feb 8 2018 10:42am
Quote (Snyft2 @ Feb 8 2018 07:10am)
idk its just funny to me that everyone was like "net neutrality or death" just a few months ago, and now they just poofed like a duped d2 rune :unsure: same as the ebola panic a year ago

also there were daily posts making fun of trump all over sjw sites like 9gag, now not a single to be found :unsure: !

dem russian bots
Gold: 10,655.00
Feb 8 2018 05:18pm

Internet firms back congressional vote to restore net neutrality rules

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-internet/internet-firms-back-congressional-vote-to-restore-net-neutrality-rules-idUSKBN1FS2CW

Ok, now this is just getting insane. As I said in post #4, the Dems and some Reps are behind a move to get Net Neutrality back. Yes, back again. LOL
What's even more hilarious is that the tech firms that wanted it abolished are behind this effort. Say what ?!?

I know, makes no sense. Even Verizon who gave birth to Ajit Pai, is behind this movement.

So I'm thinking to myself...WTF? Why the 360? Only thing I can come up with is that they want "A" Net Neutrality, but not the one we had. This scares me.

The best part of the previous Net Neutrality IMO was the classification of the internet as Title II communications. This classification pretty much forced the ISPs to follow the rules that applied to things like the phone service.
My guess is, that the new Net Neutrality will be big and hard to read or understand, but will NOT include a Title II classification.

I mean, it could actually be even worse than this, but as I am not a money grubbing ISP or congressman, it's the only thing I can think of that would make this musical chairs thing with Net Neutrality....happen at all.
Gold: 2,489.69
Feb 8 2018 05:26pm
Quote (Ghot @ Feb 8 2018 05:18pm)
Internet firms back congressional vote to restore net neutrality rules

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-internet/internet-firms-back-congressional-vote-to-restore-net-neutrality-rules-idUSKBN1FS2CW

Ok, now this is just getting insane. As I said in post #4, the Dems and some Reps are behind a move to get Net Neutrality back. Yes, back again. LOL
What's even more hilarious is that the tech firms that wanted it abolished are behind this effort. Say what ?!?

I know, makes no sense. Even Verizon who gave birth to Ajit Pai, is behind this movement.

So I'm thinking to myself...WTF? Why the 360? Only thing I can come up with is that they want "A" Net Neutrality, but not the one we had. This scares me.

The best part of the previous Net Neutrality IMO was the classification of the internet as Title II communications. This classification pretty much forced the ISPs to follow the rules that applied to things like the phone service.
My guess is, that the new Net Neutrality will be big and hard to read or understand, but will NOT include a Title II classification.

I mean, it could actually be even worse than this, but as I am not a money grubbing ISP or congressman, it's the only thing I can think of that would make this musical chairs thing with Net Neutrality....happen at all.

they got caught with their hands in the cookie jar. i said it in the original thread, because of the amount of attention of all of the doom and gloom stuff thats technically possible for them to do legally would be a PR nightmare. and would need to wait years to incrementally implement. now if they temper that with playing along they will have misinformation on their side, and can trot it out to dispel any future PR nightmares.

the captains are already picking teams, every cellphone provider already has preferential streaming partnerships with companies like HULU and Netflix. That means they're separating the loads, as streaming one is tracked and not counted on your data cap. How long before its not just data cap, but streaming speed? Probably not long, and people will be ever so slightly inclined to watch their partners service, they'll know subconsciously that it lags just a tiny bit less.
Gold: 260.11
Feb 8 2018 05:28pm
Quote (thesnipa @ Feb 8 2018 05:26pm)

they got caught with their hands in the cookie jar. i said it in the original thread, because of the amount of attention of all of the doom and gloom stuff thats technically possible for them to do legally would be a PR nightmare. and would need to wait years to incrementally implement. now if they temper that with playing along they will have misinformation on their side, and can trot it out to dispel any future PR nightmares.

the captains are already picking teams, every cellphone provider already has preferential streaming partnerships with companies like HULU and Netflix. That means they're separating the loads, as streaming one is tracked and not counted on your data cap. How long before its not just data cap, but streaming speed? Probably not long, and people will be ever so slightly inclined to watch their partners service, they'll know subconsciously that it lags just a tiny bit less.

Sounds like I'll be getting back into torrents then
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev123Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll