d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Entertainment Room > Movies & TV Shows > Movie Club 1: Reservior Dogs > February 4 - 10
123Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 10,025.00
Feb 7 2018 05:00am
General movie club topic: http://forums.d2jsp.org/topic.php?t=78088393&f=197

This weeks movie: Reservior Dogs

Please use this topic for the discussion this week. It will be a bit shorter this week, but I will try to make sure next week's movie is posted early, as some have requested more time.
Gold: 102.37
Feb 7 2018 10:20am
Just watched it, ofc Spoilers ahead.

Forgot mostly everything over the last couple of years since I first watched it. Have to say it's still a pretty good "small" movie that has the feeling of a chamber drama.
You also feel the typical Tarantino style. Believable and down to earth conversations (especially the tipping topic and the "Virgin" discussion were pretty cool), good soundtrack, jumping between timelines and overall a nice style.
The voilence was pretty intense and sometimes realy hard to endure, especially the shot in the guts, you realy feel his pain. Alsmost refreshing to see the impact and the consequences of the bullet taken. In most action flicks the hero takes 14 shots and still walks around killing the bad guys.
The performance was overall realy good, with an exception for tarantino which felt a bit out of place. My favorite is probably Steve Buscemi, he realy nailed his role.
My favorite scene probably goes to Tim Roth with him recreating his studied lines in the bar. Just realy well made and put together with jumping back and forth between locations.

Also watched the Extras on my Bluray. The introduction with Tarantino himself, some alternative/deleted scenes (they mostly took out all the police work and investigations with Tim Roth and shot the "Ear Scene" in three different angles ^^) a small piece about the cult around reservoir dogs and some interviews 10 years after the film realeased with some insight on how it got made, Lawrence Benders involvement, how people walked out of the theatre on the premiere and how basically Harvey Keitel started Quentins career. Interesting stuff, you should check it out if you have a physical version with the Extras. Just faszinating to see how passionate Quentin Tarantino is about movies as an artform.

Overall I realy enjoyed my time with it, after the movie is over you realy have the urge to watch more heist movies. I would give it an arbitrary 7/10 :)

This post was edited by ChuzzeL on Feb 7 2018 10:27am
Gold: 18,534.02
Feb 7 2018 10:35am
It's all about Mr. Blonde.

Stuck in the middle with you.
Gold: 50.10
Feb 7 2018 12:03pm
What happened to mr pink
Gold: 0.00
Feb 7 2018 12:35pm
One of my faves, dialogue in this film is legendary
Gold: 250.00
Warn: 10%
Feb 7 2018 12:38pm
Quote (kragujevac @ Feb 7 2018 10:03am)
What happened to mr pink

He died, or it's a possibility he was arrested.

There's no way he got out of there without getting busted though, the entire building was fucking surrounded.

Quote (djman72 @ Feb 7 2018 08:35am)
It's all about Mr. Blonde.

Stuck in the middle with you.

One of my favorite scenes of all time.

This post was edited by jadeoshbogosh on Feb 7 2018 12:38pm
Gold: 39,837.69
Feb 8 2018 01:00am
Quote (-=vasya=- @ Feb 7 2018 01:35pm)
One of my faves, dialogue in this film is legendary

Just got done with it. Every scene is top tier dialogue. I love when Mr. Orange is practicing/telling the 'commode ' story.

Quote (jadeoshbogosh @ Feb 7 2018 01:38pm)
He died, or it's a possibility he was arrested.

There's no way he got out of there without getting busted though, the entire building was fucking surrounded.

I assume he was arrested. There was no gunfire outside, or any shots from the end of the standoff till the cops come in and shoot Mr. White. So Pink either got busted walking out into the parking lot(most likely) or got away.

... I havent seen this movie in years, definitely glad this was picked. Forgot how truly great this film is.
Feb 8 2018 01:12am
One of the only things that bugged me in the entire movie, is when pink and white are in the bathroom smoking, and white goes to light his cigarette, but doesn't light it and he just pretends like he's smoking even though it's not even lit lol.

That's about my only fucking complaint on an otherwise perfect movie, and it's not really an issue, just kinda like a "come on man, you're an actor, light the fucking smoke and don't inhale". Just seemed like a weird oversight for Quentin when he's usually pretty anal-retentive about making sure every scene is executed exactly as he sees it.

Start to finish it's brilliant though. The guys in the dinner, orange rehearsing and then later actually telling his story. Keitel does have a few scenes where his lines seem a bit forced, but this is Tarantino's first real movie, and he probably just wasn't able to get exactly what he wanted out of everyone at all times. Tim Roth and Steve Buscemi are fucking brilliant though, and I really don't believe Michael Madson is that great of an actor, but he fucking kills it in this movie.

You going to bark all day doggie, or are you gonna bite?

Just stupid ass lines like that that'd make me laugh irl if someone said them, but somehow, Madson comes across like a real bad mother fucker while saying everything in this movie. Got that cool and calm psychopath thing down perfectly in this.

Anyways, good start to this and nice selection. Looking forward to hearing your thoughts on it since you did say you hadn't seen it right?

This post was edited by jadeoshbogosh on Feb 8 2018 01:14am
Gold: 39,837.69
Feb 8 2018 01:20am
Quote (jadeoshbogosh @ Feb 8 2018 02:12am)
One of the only things that bugged me in the entire movie, is when pink and white are in the bathroom smoking, and white goes to light his cigarette, but doesn't light it and he just pretends like he's smoking even though it's not even lit lol.

That's about my only fucking complaint on an otherwise perfect movie, and it's not really an issue, just kinda like a "come on man, you're an actor, light the fucking smoke and don't inhale". Just seemed like a weird oversight for Quentin when he's usually pretty anal-retentive about making sure every scene is executed exactly as he sees it.

Start to finish it's brilliant though. The guys in the dinner, orange rehearsing and then later actually telling his story. Keitel does have a few scenes where his lines seem a bit forced, but this is Tarantino's first real movie, and he probably just wasn't able to get exactly what he wanted out of everyone at all times. Tim Roth and Steve Buscemi are fucking brilliant though, and I really don't believe Michael Madson is that great of an actor, but he fucking kills it in this movie.

You going to bark all day doggie, or are you gonna bite?

Just stupid ass lines like that that'd make me laugh irl if someone said them, but somehow, Madson comes across like a real bad mother fucker while saying everything in this movie. Got that cool and calm psychopath thing down perfectly in this.

Anyways, good start to this and nice selection. Looking forward to hearing your thoughts on it since you did say you hadn't seen it right?

Especially since he lights 2 cigs for himself. First one takes like 15 flicks lol cause hes snapping to start the light. Then the second time he does like 5 snaps then just lights it normal.

Im assuming Tarantino left the scene the way he did cause he was just in love with how it went down and didnt want to reshoot, or they did and none of the reshoots were on par
Feb 8 2018 11:44am
Quote (EmericAn @ Feb 7 2018 11:20pm)
Especially since he lights 2 cigs for himself. First one takes like 15 flicks lol cause hes snapping to start the light. Then the second time he does like 5 snaps then just lights it normal.

Im assuming Tarantino left the scene the way he did cause he was just in love with how it went down and didnt want to reshoot, or they did and none of the reshoots were on par

It's not just me though right, that whole fucking deal seemed weird right?
Go Back To Movies & TV Shows Topic List
123Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll