d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > d2jsp > Site Suggestions > Site Suggestions Archive >
Poll > Warn Information
Prev12
Closed New Topic New Poll
  Guests cannot view or vote in polls. Please register or login.
Gold: 7,006.50
Feb 6 2018 10:08pm
Quote (Cho. @ Feb 7 2018 12:04am)
why should his warning matter if you trade with him or not?

All this thread tells me is someone is nosy about other users warn. If you want to know why someone was warned grow some balls and ask them.

Can be seen both ways. I would understand why warns should be hidden and most of the times we do ask. But what stops the person from lieing? Bc warns can be placed on a user from very small importance to huge depending for trading communities.

Back when I did trading in d2. 4 things effected trading rules with ppl

Join date, post count, fg, warnings.

It could be a simple warning about Sig's or avatar from someone who just won't listen to resizing them and they get a warning for that or a warning for something much worst that would cause me not to trust them and could end me not even trading/talking to them.

But like I said I understand your view point too and could see this being abused and probably won't be added

Edit:

Examples of warnings

I would just trade with them.

Spam
Trade Spamming

Examples of warning I would want to trust or trade with

Attempt to scam

This post was edited by CyberGod on Feb 6 2018 10:11pm
Gold: 153,242.15
Feb 6 2018 10:18pm
i understand requesting meds helps but the very few times i have requested them its usually a couple days - a week before they get back to me so by then the markets changed and i dont want to do the trade anymore

i dont understand how it could be abused if you were to click on the link maybe it would just say "inapropriate sig or avitar' then that warn is basicly useless to me
but if the warn was something about bad manors in trades or something then i wouldnt want to have to deal with that
Retired Moderator
Gold: 15,740.56
Trader: Trusted
Feb 6 2018 10:24pm
Quote (CyberGod @ 7 Feb 2018 00:08)
Can be seen both ways. I would understand why warns should be hidden and most of the times we do ask. But what stops the person from lieing? Bc warns can be placed on a user from very small importance to huge depending for trading communities.

Back when I did trading in d2. 4 things effected trading rules with ppl

Join date, post count, fg, warnings.

It could be a simple warning about Sig's or avatar from someone who just won't listen to resizing them and they get a warning for that or a warning for something much worst that would cause me not to trust them and could end me not even trading/talking to them.

But like I said I understand your view point too and could see this being abused and probably won't be added

Edit:

Examples of warnings

I would just trade with them.

Spam
Trade Spamming

Examples of warning I would want to trust or trade with

Attempt to scam

like stated before if you don't trust or don't wanna trade either don't trade with them or request a mediator.

Quote (nathanb @ 7 Feb 2018 00:18)
i understand requesting meds helps but the very few times i have requested them its usually a couple days - a week before they get back to me so by then the markets changed and i dont want to do the trade anymore

i dont understand how it could be abused if you were to click on the link maybe it would just say "inapropriate sig or avitar' then that warn is basicly useless to me
but if the warn was something about bad manors in trades or something then i wouldnt want to have to deal with that

Mediators have lives too. They get to mediation when available.

It's not about being abused it's just no ones business other than the member as to why they got warned unless they want to make it public. last I checked being Bad Mannered on the site is frowned upon but not warn worthy. Like stated before if you wouldn't want to "deal" with that that is simple. Just don't trade with the user.

Gold: 90.58
Feb 6 2018 10:28pm
Quote (Cho. @ Feb 6 2018 08:04pm)
why should his warning matter if you trade with him or not?

All this thread tells me is someone is nosy about other users warn. If you want to know why someone was warned grow some balls and ask them.

lol savage
Retired Moderator
Gold: 100.00
Trader: Trusted
Feb 6 2018 10:42pm
Quote (nathanb @ 7 Feb 2018 05:18)

Sorry Sir but this is not really true. Doesnt matter at which point of time you request one, you will be contacted by one way faster, if you are lucky this happens within 5minutes.
It always depends of course for which game you need a mediator, if its an unknown game that nobody plays then you might be right, but if you are talking about D2 then its not true.

Voted negative, if you dont trust somebody then use a mediator, i dont see the connection between a Scammer and a person that has/had warns.
Go Back To Site Suggestions Archive Topic List
Prev12
Closed New Topic New Poll