d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Other Games > Path of Exile > Just Starting Poe > Never Played Before!
123Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: Locked
Trader: Scammer
Feb 3 2018 08:50am
So I installed it last night, and right now I am just kinda walking around killing stuff. I am a shadow, do I just hack and slash to start? :P

Putting all my points into speed/damage?
Gold: 12,420.69
Feb 3 2018 09:05am
Quote (So_Im_Lazy @ 3 Feb 2018 15:50)
So I installed it last night, and right now I am just kinda walking around killing stuff. I am a shadow, do I just hack and slash to start? :P

Putting all my points into speed/damage?

You basically have 2 options just for the gameplay being completely new to PoE.. You either just play and slay as far as you get. And with the right understanding (which isnt too ez looking at the skilltree for the first time) you may as well get into the endgame.

You could as well just try a few skills/gems and if you like one, look up a build for it.

It really depends on if you mean to grind this game out or just want to play around a little for now.

It has 10 acts, you will be busy for a while playing for the first time either way :) and you can still respec/rebuild your character if you get stuck at some point with a bunch of regret orbs (1 respec point / used orb)

Beside just playing I recommend you to check out a list of the available orbs and what they can do. Basically all currency in this game that you can use for trading also serves a purpose on items, so get used to that imo.

Also it is really a different game using a lootfilter. In the beginning you dont drop too many items, but it will increase and it will take you hours and hours to check out all those drops.

Get neversinks lootfilter in regular, you can download it @github and set it in the options. It will help a lot while playing and also with valuing dropped items!
Gold: 3,750.00
Feb 3 2018 10:37am
I'd suggest finding a build guide and following it, learn as much as you can about the game from the guide so that way you don't have to learn everything on your own and waste time fucking up your build, etc etc
Gold: 2.00
Feb 3 2018 01:40pm
Quote (verynewb @ 3 Feb 2018 18:37)
I'd suggest finding a build guide and following it, learn as much as you can about the game from the guide so that way you don't have to learn everything on your own and waste time fucking up your build, etc etc

i dont call that a waste of time that late in the league

well ppl are different but i always prefer to learn these by myself instead of reading a guide and not understanding most things because i didnt even play the game yet, you still have a month before new league so you could just start up and see if you enjoy it then you'll be ready for next league
Gold: 13,230.51
Feb 3 2018 03:52pm
Watch youtube streamers...
Gold: 12,797.00
Warn: 20%
Feb 3 2018 04:09pm
poe has too much to learn now if you are a beginner, my advice is dont even waste time on it, you can enjoy 10 different games for that same time :mellow:
Gold: 90.58
Feb 3 2018 04:19pm
Quote (Snyft2 @ Feb 3 2018 02:09pm)
poe has too much to learn now if you are a beginner, my advice is dont even waste time on it, you can enjoy 10 different games for that same time :mellow:

lol they gonna have to learn someday though
Gold: 42.00
Feb 3 2018 07:08pm
Quote (Snyft2 @ Feb 3 2018 05:09pm)

i picked it up in pera dus league and it didnt take me long
Gold: Locked
Trader: Scammer
Feb 4 2018 11:48am
Quote (MaryJuana @ Feb 3 2018 11:05am)
You basically have 2 options just for the gameplay being completely new to PoE.. You either just play and slay as far as you get. And with the right understanding (which isnt too ez looking at the skilltree for the first time) you may as well get into the endgame.

You could as well just try a few skills/gems and if you like one, look up a build for it.

It really depends on if you mean to grind this game out or just want to play around a little for now.

It has 10 acts, you will be busy for a while playing for the first time either way :) and you can still respec/rebuild your character if you get stuck at some point with a bunch of regret orbs (1 respec point / used orb)

Beside just playing I recommend you to check out a list of the available orbs and what they can do. Basically all currency in this game that you can use for trading also serves a purpose on items, so get used to that imo.

Also it is really a different game using a lootfilter. In the beginning you dont drop too many items, but it will increase and it will take you hours and hours to check out all those drops.

Get neversinks lootfilter in regular, you can download it @github and set it in the options. It will help a lot while playing and also with valuing dropped items!

Thank you for all the advice!

I'm gonna do what I did in D2, play the game through and then figure more stuff out after. I'm only a level 8 shadow right now, but everything I am fighting is way to easy for me lol :P
Gold: 3,750.00
Feb 4 2018 12:23pm
Quote (Majini @ Feb 3 2018 02:40pm)
i dont call that a waste of time that late in the league

well ppl are different but i always prefer to learn these by myself instead of reading a guide and not understanding most things because i didnt even play the game yet, you still have a month before new league so you could just start up and see if you enjoy it then you'll be ready for next league

It's like trying to reinvent the wheel when it's already invented, can use guides to learn faster, it's a resource, use it
Go Back To Path of Exile Topic List
123Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll