d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > d2jsp > Site Suggestions > Site Suggestions Archive >
Poll > "the Report Button Works Just Fine"
Closed New Topic New Poll
  Guests cannot view or vote in polls. Please register or login.
Gold: 450.51
Feb 3 2018 04:56am
Hello,

Recently I had very positive communication with a now retired moderator who directly helped me clean up a part of the forum to make it more enjoyable for the existing and new users.

I contacted another moderator asking if I could PM someone to handle continuous spam and annoying members who made the forum a shithole (thanks Trump!)

The answer was that only direct and major violations could be communicated via PM and otherwise I should use the Report Button because it works just fine, but due to the load it could take a while before the reports could be handled.

I would like to know the experience of the users who used the report button and if they find it satisfactory.

This is in no way a stab at the system or criticism towards moderators. I've always had good experiences with them.

Thanks for taking your time.
Retired Moderator
Gold: 95.00
Trader: Trusted
Feb 3 2018 07:20am
Keep in mind that moderators have personal lives too!
I know, this information might be a shock to you, but they are humans as well. :)

Whoever you talked to is right, major violations should be reported directly otherwise use the button.
Every single report that gets made will be checked as soon as someone has time, and rest assured it will be dealt with accordingly!

Retired Moderator
Gold: 100.00
Trader: Trusted
Feb 3 2018 07:23am
Adding to Phyerox´words:

I dont really see the intention of your "site suggestion", what are you actually suggesting?
How to post a Site Suggestion

Probably you take a look at this and you will see how to post a proper site suggestion.

This post was edited by Herolinda on Feb 3 2018 07:24am
Gold: 37.00
Feb 3 2018 07:49am
Quote (Herolinda @ Feb 3 2018 08:23am)
Adding to Phyerox´words:

I dont really see the intention of your "site suggestion", what are you actually suggesting?
How to post a Site Suggestion

Probably you take a look at this and you will see how to post a proper site suggestion.

My only thought on this is that I don't understand why they don't beef up the moderation team if it seems like there are just that many reports to sort out. There are plenty of users that have been here a long time willing to help and I don't see how it could hurt anything. Worst case you don't like them as a helper and demote them back to member. I just know there a bunch of people willing to help keep the site clean so I don't think there's much of an excuse when moderators site that things will take an extended amount of time.

My opinion, doesn't mean is true.

This post was edited by nick_steel on Feb 3 2018 07:49am
Go Back To Site Suggestions Archive Topic List
Closed New Topic New Poll